Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 05:35 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times

Advertisements

This man blames problems in the Middle East on Europe, but he wants refugee status in Europe? Has he forgiven Europe for allegedly creating war in the Middle East?

"Saleh Abdurahman, a Palestinian refugee from Syria who marched from Budapest, said he was set on escaping a Middle East made intolerable by wars that he blames on the United States and Europe."

Refugee crisis: Austria, Germany to grant passage to migrants from Hungary - World - CBC News

Old 09-04-2015, 05:42 PM

85 posts, read 84,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
The profound lack of humanity demonstrated in this thread is at least as disturbing as the photo.

As a Canadian we should be ashamed of our inaction in supporting the refugees from this Syrian crisis, and even if the situation is far more complicated than opening borders it is atrocious to see posters implying that these refugees somenow chose or deserve this life because of the luck of where they were born.

Why is the life of an American (or Canadian) child worth more than any one of these children?

The irony that the least compassionate views are often spouted by those who spend Sundays sharing their "Christian values" is patently obvious.
I don't mind helping the poor but Muslims create problems once in the host country. Just look at what is happening in Europe. Many of their leaders have stated that they will change Europe through immigration and through the womb. That is scary stuff.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I haven't been shy about defending American Muslims, but we cannot take more into the country or we are as screwed as Europe.

There's a town in MI, Hamtramck, that just approved allowing a five-times-a-day call to prayer be broadcast over the towns public address system. The board approved this without hearing from any of the non-Muslim residents, and one of the board members said they were proud to be setting a precedent. And that's exactly what it's going to be when it comes to other cities.

Go spend a weekend in Dearborn, MI. Or just watch
this video where Muslims are throwing rocks and cans and food at Christians and the police are doing nothing to stop them. Yet, when one of the Christians asks a cop if they can throw water bottles, he's told no, and if you've gotten things thrown at you, "take it to the proper channels". WTH does that even mean? I thought the police was the proper channel. It seems they're afraid of doing their jobs when it comes to certain groups.

So do we need to take in any more Muslims when, as someone pointed out their wealthiest countries aren't doing a damn thing? I vote no. I feel very sorry for the children who are dying, but I feel sorrier for my children and any children they may have, given the direction our country is going.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:53 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
See America who is tired of war and Europe and then the world will not do anything for Syria as there are a lot of nations who do not like Syria government and then the influences of Iran and Russia , and then we have this isis barbarians ...... Then we have dead refuges and Syrians who say` I don`t understand `, well that it

Old 09-04-2015, 06:22 PM

399 posts, read 406,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegiateSchoolNY View Post
I'm deeply saddened. As a human race, we've failed that boy and the thousands that have perished before him in the same way. I hope the European countries can realize that these people are leaving war-ravaged countries and can at least be somewhat sympathetic.
Don't you try to pin that nonsense on "the human race".

That child was failed by his backwards parents who brought him into a backwards culture in a backwards, war-torn country. Don't try to blame civilized human beings who value peace, education, hard work, and friendship for the crimes of backwards savages who only know hate and war.

American cemeteries are full of brave men and women who gave their all to make this country great. The values they gave their lives for are NOT the same values that these savages hold.

To cast our pearls to those swine is disrespectful to those who gave their lives for us, and extremely foolish.

Let these savages roll up their sleeves and fix their own problems. If they got busy actually working instead of sitting around in the shade waiting for their next prayer, maybe they'd have a country worth living in.

The human race hasn't failed them. They've failed the human race.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:28 PM

399 posts, read 406,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Why is the life of an American (or Canadian) child worth more than any one of these children?
It's not, but Americans have the common sense to build a better life for their children and generations to come. Civilized people worry about their seed. Savages only worry about hatred, war, and imposing their backwards ways on others. You reap what you sow. Eff 'em.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:45 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
There are plenty of Muslims living in the United States. Why haven't they demanded this "oppressive Sharia Law" of which you speak?
What makes you think they haven't?

Sharia Law in America - Current Status

City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law | National Report

Sharia Court in Texas: What Could Go Wrong? | PJ Tatler

'Voluntary' Sharia Tribunal in Texas: This Is How It Starts - Breitbart

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/category/michigan/

Give them some time to grow in numbers.........They have a number of things going for them. They are not apathetic but very organized and motivated with a significantly higher birthrate than your average American. Give it some time.......

Old 09-04-2015, 06:57 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,539,987 times
This article is from last year, but it provides a bit more detail about the living arrangements/benefits refugees are receiving in Sweden- Cold comfort: the Syrian refugees trying to make a new life in Sweden | World news | The Guardian

Old 09-04-2015, 07:05 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Thanks for the link! There was discussion earlier that the "refugees" appear to be healthy, fit, young men with enough money to buy a plane ticket.

"In September 2013 new regulations began offering blanket asylum to all Syrians who applied after arriving there. More than 2,700 did so, and according to the Swedish Migration Board, 12,000 were granted residence last year. Most come from the middle and upper classes, the only ones able to afford the roughly €10,000 necessary to purchase fake documents and be smuggled across Europe. The majority of those who make it are young single men, whose main goal is to quickly find a job and send money to their families back in Syria. This massive movement of people has created a severe housing backlog ..."

Cold comfort: the Syrian refugees trying to make a new life in Sweden | World news | The Guardian

Old 09-04-2015, 07:07 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,539,987 times
Here is a short video showing a refugee's path from refugee camp to being settled in Sweden:

http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...e-sweden-video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.