Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is right on gay marriage? Trump or Huckabee?
I lean right - Trump is right on gay marriage 23 29.87%
I lean right - Huckabee is right on gay marriage 7 9.09%
I lean left - Trump is right on gay marriage 43 55.84%
I lean left - Huckabee is right on gay marriage 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 02:52 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump has a commanding lead in the GOP polls but says gay marriage is the law of the land and won't fight it. Huckabee says he will go to jail in support of the Kentucky clerk. How can a guy so out of touch with GOP social issues have such big lead?
Because Trump ISN"T out of touch on this social issue. He's in the majority. Some 60% of young Republicans support gay marriage, or at least dropping the issue.

Conservatives like Huckabee, who made an absolutely shameful spectacle of himself today imo, will soon die off right along with the demographic they pander to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 05:21 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I was pointing out that two people of the same sex having a relationship is a sin against nature.
If it's a sin against nature, why does nearly every animal species on earth engage in same-sex relationships? For someone claiming to think logically, you don't use much logic. Your hatred of gays has clearly clouded your judgement.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Personally, I think they're both idiots! Trump is blowing smoke up people's a**es and telling people what they want to hear, but let's not forget he is nothing more than an elitist and if elected (keyword IF) will be more of the same, in pandering to his cronies and Wall Street buddies! As for Huckabee, he is nothing more than a hypocrite in terms of being for "smaller government" unless of course it is telling what 2 consenting adults can do in the privacy of their own homes or trying to continue with prohibition policies such as with marijuana, because he feels "icky" about it! Dude needs to keep his religion o(or his twisted version of it I should say) out of politics! And quite honestly, get the damn government out of the marriage business once and for all!

Old 09-09-2015, 06:47 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
LOL. You are so right. Nothing natural or logical about same sex marriage. It's a farce.
Ok, you can believe whatever you want, I have other beliefs on the subject.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is basically true.

The bigger issue is a Supreme Court that legislates from the bench and has the audacity to overrule the people.

Homosexuals really screwed themselves by not at least attempting to amend the Constitution.

That would have settled the matter, but now, with another bull **** SCOTUS ruling shoved down our throats, this issue will be around for a very long time.
Why pass an amendment when there is one already there? The 14th covers it pretty well. " no state shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens...nor deny equal protection"

Old 09-09-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed!

"Some people" (five of nine SC justices) should not dictate how others live.

We have a Constitution that was ratified by the states.

There is an amendment provision within that document and there are limits on the federal government`s ability to interfere in our lives.

There is no excuse for circumventing the Constitutional process to impose the will of the state on the people, but this is the preferred course of action taken by PC social engineers time after time.
Did the supreme court say that YOU had to do anything? No, they only said that I can get legally married. You don't have to if you so choose.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Because Trump ISN"T out of touch on this social issue. He's in the majority. Some 60% of young Republicans support gay marriage, or at least dropping the issue.

Conservatives like Huckabee, who made an absolutely shameful spectacle of himself today imo, will soon die off right along with the demographic they pander to.
Shameful is right. I believe the woman is a bit unhinged and Huckabee exploited her for all she is worth; Cruz tried but . . got locked out of the main grandstanding. Her lawyers - Center for Religous Freedom Whatever - are also exploiting her for all they've got. It's truly disgusting.

The clips I saw with her laughing/crying and Hucksterbee raising her hands in the air with her face to the sky - was chilling. That is NOT what I want my government to look like. Not even my Church but that's my personal preference.

That distubing scene - did more to turn young people away from the church than any athiest could do in ten years. I could barely watch.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:10 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Here's a novel idea, and it just might work!!!

Come to your own conclusion.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:20 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump has a commanding lead in the GOP polls but says gay marriage is the law of the land and won't fight it. Huckabee says he will go to jail in support of the Kentucky clerk. How can a guy so out of touch with GOP social issues have such big lead?
Because it's one social issue that is largely decided already so most sane people recognize that Trumps answer is more intelligent and pragmatic.

I mean seriously, anyone that thinks Huckabee if he got in the whitehouse would devote serious energy and political clout in a failing effort to push back gay marriage is extremely gullible.

Both parties are looooong on lipservice about things that aren't going to change like abortion or taking those record profits from the oil companies blah blah blah.

Smart voters know better.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Cute trick, too bad its completely irrelevant to how they vote. Because they disapprove of it does not mean they think it should be illegal.

And because they approve of it doesn`t necessarily mean they want it legal.

FTR, most of the ssm votes were to keep it illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies