Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times

Advertisements

Lol...anyone who has their own ethnostate, replete with nukes, has not lost out. You have to be kidding me. This complaint is equivalent to a wealthy man complaining about dropping a quarter. Don't expect any sympathy in regard to critics.

A lot of people feel under political attack by Jewish political power. To include the Palestinians at the least, but also many others. A lot of that feeling is aggravated by the existence of Israel, which was gained through the displacement of millions of Arabs. A lot of Jewish agitation against other groups is grounded in human rights claims. Other groups see Jewish political and social behavior in Israel and call foul, because they see a double standard and thus feel that Jewish groups are disingenuous In their international human rights and victim politics. Also, it's an anathema to keep four million people in what amounts to an open air prison city. People are outraged by that, and generally don't buy the Israeli victim spiel given the death numbers on either side, the vastly uneven military power, and the restrictions and danger of living in Palestine. That's why people complain.

I don't mind Israel, but the international politics must even out to where people perceive parity and good faith, and there must be a solution for the Palestinians. I don't personally get emotionally invested in the Israeli-Palestinian situation, but I know that a lot of the world is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
What does this have to do with the Jewish people having the right to self determination in the land of Israel?
How do you feel about the British or German people having the right to self determination in their lands?

Old 09-21-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Because Israel was given to the Jews by God Himself. If you don't believe that, please offer a rational, i.e., non-superstitious, reason for their possession of it for almost all of the last 5000 years in the face of the strongest powers in the world trying to take it away from them.
Lol...you mean minus the last 2000? And, for anyone that knows Biblical history, for precious little time in the remaining 3,000. I could care less about the ultimate claim, but I do care about non-farcical arguments.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:

And the day another group can strong-arm it from the israelis, then THEY have
a right to it so long as they can hold it.
That's a very dangerous precedent to claim. I'm sure that you don't mean it.

Quote:

Especially land as crappy as what Israel sits on.

I'd give my "chosen people" better land than that.

Oh, yes, land with within one of the few Mediterranean climates on the planet, strategically placed in the middle of one of the most oil rich places on the planet, is just awful.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:00 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
the adl promotes "diversity" and race mixing... meanwhile Isreal opposes it.. Imagine any western nation claiming "Christian State"

Old 09-21-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Second class? They enjoy more rights than Jews, for example the right not to spend 3 years in the military.
This is an exceedingly annoying argument to make. It's classic spin making something advantageous seem bad, similar to how Noachides are told that they are "lucky" because they do not have to keep the 613 Mitzvot while actually losing out on the sociopolitical advantages of being Jewish. There are all kinds of advantages to military service in an ethnonationalist state.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:20 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Lol...anyone who has their own ethnostate, replete with nukes, has not lost out. You have to be kidding me. This complaint is equivalent to a wealthy man complaining about dropping a quarter. Don't expect any sympathy in regard to critics.
I think that the critics should be proportional. I cannot understand the cries for boycott on Israel while there is no boycott on much problematic states.
Quote:
A lot of people feel under political attack by Jewish political power. To include the Palestinians at the least, but also many others. A lot of that feeling is aggravated by the existence of Israel, which was gained through the displacement of millions of Arabs.
Millions of Arabs? You need to open a history book. There were about 800,000 Arabs who were told by the Arab leaders to leave Palestine/Eretz Israel so the Arab armies can destroy the Jewish state. Also, in the same time there were about a million Jews who were expelled from Arab countries and lost all their homes and property. At that time there were a lot of displacements. Tens of millions were displaced: Muslims in India, Germans in Eastern Europe. Why nobody feels aggravated because of that?
Quote:
A lot of Jewish agitation against other groups is grounded in human rights claims. Other groups see Jewish political and social behavior in Israel and call foul, because they see a double standard and thus feel that Jewish groups are disingenuous In their international human rights and victim politics. Also, it's an anathema to keep four million people in what amounts to an open air prison city. People are outraged by that, and generally don't buy the Israeli victim spiel given the death numbers on either side, the vastly uneven military power, and the restrictions and danger of living in Palestine. That's why people complain.
Those Jewish groups are mostly Anti-Zionist so there are no double standards.
Quote:
I don't mind Israel, but the international politics must even out to where people perceive parity and good faith, and there must be a solution for the Palestinians. I don't personally get emotionally invested in the Israeli-Palestinian situation, but I know that a lot of the world is.
So lets talk about double standards.
Why do you think the world is so emotionally invested in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, while the number of the dead in it is about 1% of the dead toll in the middle east?
Saudi killed thousands of Yemenies in the last few weeks. Where are the boycotts, the demonstrations, the outcry etc?
Why there is no boycott against Sudan, China, Saudi Arabia and other countries that kill people by thousands and millions?
There are more questions, but we can start with those.

Last edited by mash123; 09-21-2015 at 07:29 PM..

Old 09-21-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
This is an exceedingly annoying argument to make. It's classic spin making something advantageous seem bad, similar to how Noachides are told that they are "lucky" because they do not have to keep the 613 Mitzvot while actually losing out on the sociopolitical advantages of being Jewish. There are all kinds of advantages to military service in an ethnonationalist state.
Classic spin? When I went out of the military my fellow citizen of Arab descent had about 3 years of earnings or college degree. And when they go to the university or to a governmental job they are getting affirmative action. They are not doing reservist services, many of them not paying city taxes, and a lot of them work under the table because the government afraid to mess with them.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
How do you feel about the British or German people having the right to self determination in their lands?
What is the problem with that?

Old 09-21-2015, 09:06 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
the adl promotes "diversity" and race mixing... meanwhile Isreal opposes it.. Imagine any western nation claiming "Christian State"
Right? The screeching would break every pane of glass in New York, DC, LA, London, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies