Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 03:15 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I encourage every red blooded American who is legally able to do so to take adavantage of their 2nd Amendment right to learn, and understand how to use a firearm. To take it a step further, perhaps if more parents taught there kids the ins and outs about them, it would cut down on the stupidity surrounding them, and the senseless accidents that we hear about where little Johnny accidently blows his friend away due to lack of education about the safety around firearms.
I never heard of a gun safe until I was out of college. It never crossed my mind that kids would play with a real gun because I was shown the difference between real guns and toy guns at a very early age. I don't know the brand but the single shot .22 was too difficult for me to pull back the cocking handle when I started shooting.

In 2nd grade I saw up close what a .30-30 carbine would do to flesh when my dad took me hunting for the first time.

When I went hunting with friends in the 7th grade, I was told the gun safety rules and a group of us were sent out on 3-wheelers with gun racks. There was no horseplay or kidding around. When we unloaded and stored the guns for the night, then we goofed off.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:18 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I'm amused by people who claims to use guns for "safety" reason but choose to be extremely unsafe with guns right in their homes!
What is unsafe about staging a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bsg_ylNwbY

Old 10-01-2015, 03:25 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
We need more guns and more guns. Maybe the NRA should push through Permits at birth and arrange that every new born has a gun as they leave the hospital.

Yup that's what we need more guns.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
My kids grew up around guns. They knew from an early age what a gun was and what its potential was.
They were trained and had their own guns at an early age. Initially they were only allowed to use them with my supervision. As they grew and matured, they were allowed to go hunting on their own. Back then, gun safes weren't readily available and all of the guns were stored in a walk in closet in racks. From infancy to adult there was not a single incident. That is called firearm safety training. Today, my grandchildren are exposed to firearms. My eldest grandchild is 22, the youngest is 6 months. To date, there has still not been a single incident. It's not about kids having access to guns, it's about education. As much as the left pushes education in schools, (although much of it is misguided) they are scared to death to teach children about guns and gun safety. When properly done, education is a powerful tool.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
We need more guns and more guns. Maybe the NRA should push through Permits at birth and arrange that every new born has a gun as they leave the hospital.

Here we have positive proof, that not everyone is mature enough to own a firearm..

Old 10-01-2015, 03:31 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

You're in luck! There are over 5 million new guns made or imported into the US ever year and the violent crime rate continues to fall. Now if only the animals in those urban liberal progressive utopias could be trained to behave like civilized adults maybe the cities would be safer too.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Here we have positive proof, that not everyone is mature enough to own a firearm..
To be fair, some of y'all come off as being cultish.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
When you are attacked constantly with the same illogical arguments, that can't be substantiated in fact, one tends to become a bit defensive.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:06 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yes, you do not deserve a weapon of any type....

Cultish, yes, people such as you are....really!

Gun bad...uggghhhh...

guns kill people....uggghhhhh

Blah blah blah, not a single think to back up anything....

Old 10-02-2015, 02:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
2. Nope, because if he is careless a gun, that means he is a danger to society. That affects everybody. That's what makes guns so unique, it's not a tool, it's a weapon. How you handle your guns affect everyone around you

A hammer is a tool when used as a tool. A hammer is a weapon when used as a weapon. Same for gun. Anyone who hunts for food uses a gun as a tool to get the job done. Your point is disproved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies