Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2015, 06:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
dv1033, you seem to be high on rhetoric, low on fact with your claim that we need to ban guns because other countries do. Your rhetoric part is loud and clear, but where are the facts?
I've not once suggested we ban guns. People just don't seem to understand how other developed countries function perfectly with gun ownership not being a right.

BTW, freedom of speech and assembly also needs to be looked at since we are in the internet age.

I'm just not as fearful for change as most people as forward is the only way to move in this world.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:15 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I've not once suggested we ban guns. People just don't seem to understand how other developed countries function perfectly with gun ownership not being a right.
The fact remains that gun ownership in this country is a right. Guaranteed by the constitution. It can only be changed by repeal of the second amendment. If you want to repeal the second amendment, be my guest to try..

Old 10-25-2015, 07:42 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,641 times
Quote:
Super! You're welcome to that opinion.

The US functions perfectly well with gun ownership as a right (and that's my opinion).

So what's your point?

Old 10-25-2015, 08:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Nope. The rest of the developed world doesn't need a right to own a firearm to maintain order or prevent hitler from taking over again...

That is what has made the USA so unique and not like any others worldwide. It is also what made us the strongest nation in the world, in the shortest amount of time ever.
Freedom.

Notice since more and more freedom is taken and the US constitution trashed, we fall into the "also rans" with no longer being special to everyone all over the world.
The last thing to do, is take the guns, so government can really tell the people what to do, when to do it, what to do it with, where to do it and how to do it.
I think we should start with you. There is a reason, prison guards are armed..... To make people do things they do not want to do. You no longer have the freedom or liberty to say NO.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Super! You're welcome to that opinion.

The US functions perfectly well with gun ownership as a right (and that's my opinion).

So what's your point?
You replied to me and made some claims that weren't true about things I said. I wanted to clear up that misconception.

We don't need the right to bear arms because it's pointless.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The fact remains that gun ownership in this country is a right. Guaranteed by the constitution. It can only be changed by repeal of the second amendment. If you want to repeal the second amendment, be my guest to try..
It is a right and I'm simply arguing it's pointless. I'm well aware what it takes to repeal an amendment and I'm simply giving my opinion on the matter and inserting facts were applicable. Kay thanks.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:22 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,870 times
Interesting point. Since many no longer believe in the 2nd amendment, why don't they just repeal it and get it over with? Or start honoring it. It's the on the fence thing that's particularly annoying.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is what has made the USA so unique and not like any others worldwide.
...yep. Until about World War 1. Then what made the US so great was adopted and improved in some areas.

Quote:
It is also what made us the strongest nation in the world, in the shortest amount of time ever.
Freedom.
Nope. Our abundant resources, slavery, economic model, and geographic location (two major oceans separating us between every other military threat) is the reason we rose so fast.

Not to mention two world wars devastating the previous European held hegemony. How do things look now that we have serious economic competition?

Old 10-25-2015, 09:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Nope. Our abundant resources, slavery, ......?
Kinda like Africa.

Abundant resources and slavery have nothing to do with prosperity.

Venezuela has abundant resources.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Kinda like Africa.

Abundant resources and slavery have nothing to do with prosperity.

Venezuela has abundant resources.
You left out the economic model and geographic location. Not to mention a little luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies