Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 03:43 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Trump started out strong with his jokes and attacks but he faded away as the conversation took serious tone especially around foreign policy. To me he got killed when Rubio pointed out Trump doesn't know details of the issue our nation is facing, how can he plan a solution. Trump showed his lack of knowledge, he is not a detail guy

Rubio was clear winner by the end. He was clear & has knowledge, knows what he is talking about. He also is the best looking person running (that helps). He is just young, maybe in few years he will be our president.

Carly started off strong especially with her diplomatic comments to Trump but she blinks too much, she doesn't answer question straight & she is too diplomatic for me to trust her. By end she wasn't that great

Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Bush was there? He seem shy and would rather hide from all this. Christi sounds like average joe, not presidential like. Paul's hair & Cruz nose not helping. Carson was too calm and slow in his response. Huckabee sounded/looked like president but 2.0 is never good. Walker & Kasich talk too much about their state, bla,

So in the end Hillary looked good to ya ?

Old 09-17-2015, 03:49 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Rubio was confident, but he is just a war hawk, it doens't mean what he said is good policy. Fiorina is just stupid saying she wouldn't even talk to our enemies, which basically means war as the first option. Imagine if Reagan didn't talk to Russia, we most likely would have had nuclear war.
We would never have had nuclear war, that is just nonsense. Neither country would have engaged in that, knowing that it would have led to total destruction.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Trump started out strong with his jokes and attacks but he faded away as the conversation took serious tone especially around foreign policy. To me he got killed when Rubio pointed out Trump doesn't know details of the issue our nation is facing, how can he plan a solution. Trump showed his lack of knowledge, he is not a detail guy
<snip>
Carson was too calm and slow in his response.
I cannot believe some people are saying that Trump won the debate. Trump totally messed up during the foreign policy/military segment. He definitely showed his lack of knowledge. His poll numbers should DROP after this, unless of course the usual xenophobic segment of society continues to cling on to Trump's claim that he's going build a border wall, deport illegals, etc.

And yes, Carson took forever to answer the questions. What a joke that people are even considering him as a presidential candidate.

Good grief, what a ridiculous sideshow this whole Republican lineup is!

Old 09-17-2015, 03:59 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:

Rubio was clear winner by the end. He was clear & has knowledge, knows what he is talking about. He also is the best looking person running (that helps). He is just young, maybe in few years he will be our president.

Carly started off strong especially with her diplomatic comments to Trump but she blinks too much, she doesn't answer question straight & she is too diplomatic for me to trust her. By end she wasn't that great

Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Bush was there? He seem shy and would rather hide from all this. Christi sounds like average joe, not presidential like. Paul's hair & Cruz nose not helping. Carson was too calm and slow in his response. Huckabee sounded/looked like president but 2.0 is never good. Walker & Kasich talk too much about their state, bla,
Rubio wants amnesty. That's all I need to know. A president surrounds himself with knowledgeable people( Obama hasn't) and doesn't need to know every single thing and every countries leaders name to turn this country around.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:21 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
We would never have had nuclear war, that is just nonsense. Neither country would have engaged in that, knowing that it would have led to total destruction.
Apparently, John F. Kennedy and Nikita Khrushchev thought otherwise. I value their opinions.

Mick

Old 09-17-2015, 04:25 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Rubio wants amnesty. That's all I need to know. A president surrounds himself with knowledgeable people( Obama hasn't) and doesn't need to know every single thing and every countries leaders name to turn this country around.
You mean how Bush listening to his advisers Cheney and Rumsfeld, or Kennedy listening to McNamara turned the country around? No thanks. We need a president who knows when his people are blowing smoke up his butt. McNamara apologized, at least.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Not one. They are all supported by the billionaires who only care about
getting richer while the middle class dwindles and the number of poor
people grows. Over 47 million people are living in poverty in this country.
Ironic, just 5 short years ago, you were quoting Warren Buffet.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post16017321

Old 09-17-2015, 05:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You mean how Bush listening to his advisers Cheney and Rumsfeld, or Kennedy listening to McNamara turned the country around? No thanks. We need a president who knows when his people are blowing smoke up his butt. McNamara apologized, at least.
I wish I could rep you for this post. Just surrounding yourself with advisers isn't enough if you don't have good judgement and Trump would fill his posse with yes-men.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wish I could rep you for this post. Just surrounding yourself with advisers isn't enough if you don't have good judgement and Trump would fill his posse with yes-men.
Trump said he would surround himself with the best. You do realize that the election is more than 15 months away?

Obama's problem is that he is just too dumb and full of hate toward the USA to listen to anybody. He has been focused on destroying our country since Day 1. At least Trump isn't dumb, quite the opposite, and loves the country. What a difference that would make!

A good businessman doesn't surround himself with "yes-men". Some info about the President's cabinet: What Is the President’s Cabinet? - For Dummies

Old 09-17-2015, 06:40 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
CNN says Trump had the most air time but I bet if they check that, a good chunk of it came as rebuttals not as original questions.

CNN had 23.9 million viewers. The most viewers they've ever had. BUT, the commercial breaks were too short and the debate was too long.

Rubio and Cruz made speeches like they were on the Senate floor. Both came off phony just like the Senators do on the Senate floor. Interestingly, I think Paul did a better job but then again no one asked him if he regretted helping McConnell get re-elected and I'm actually surprised none of the other candidates ever mention it, either. If he was doing better I bet they would.

I give Bush, the Most Improved award. Although I'm still not voting for him, I actually think Trump's needling him about his energy level has made him a better candidate. W was a spendaholic. Bush senior lied about No New Taxes! Since none of the people that attacked us on 9/11 were from Iraq, I think the less he refers to them, the better.

Dr Carson is a nice man but that same persona that makes him a nice intelligent reflective man makes me question whether he'll be able to deal with the sharks he's going to have to deal with if he becomes president. His hesitant speaking style, which is his normal voice, and frequent closing of his eyes makes him appear tentative not decisive. I like him. I just don't see him as President. I don't think America's enemies would fear him. I don't think our friends would be impressed with him. I don't think the rascals in Congress would do his bidding. I think everyone else will treat him like a pushover. How does he prove that won't be the case if he's the candidate? Unless he has something in his resume that can prove he's really a tougher guy than that voice of his displays, I don't think he has a chance. Nothing he said in the debate will change my opinion.

As far as Fiorina goes, If the effective Boxer ad I posted in the other thread is seen by more people, she's done. All the debate performances won't help. After the last debate she rose to 5% then she dropped to 3%. The same happened with Rubio. They get a debate bump and then slip back down again. I call her sourpuss. She talks a good game but I don't find her likeable and now that I've seen the Boxer ad, it's over for her if it goes viral. What exactly was Fiorina doing for a living between the time she was fired from HP and now?

John Kasich, was he there? Walker? I don't remember anything either of them said.

Huckabee's time has come and gone but I think he did okay when he had a chance to speak. I'm still trying to understand why he gave up his Fox News gig. I really did like his show.

The one candidate I have totally changed my mind about is Chris Christie. I would actually like to see him become the Attorney General if he has to drop out. I think he's better than Vice President. If Trump should drop out before Christie, I'd give Christie money...if he made it to my primary. He had a good debate. I think he won but that's just me.

As far as the other debate goes, Graham auditioned for Secretary of Defense. He's another one I like a lot more as a person than I did originally. I don't agree with him on immigration. I don't like most of the things he's done in the Senate. I can't stand his best bud McCain but Lindsey, I'm warming up to Lindsey, the man.

I won't comment on Trump because I'm biased for him.

Last edited by LauraC; 09-17-2015 at 07:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies