Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 01:15 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that may end up hurting him even more than his lie about gambling in Florida.
I don't think it hurts him at all. I KNOW people whose children have had adverse affects when given loaded up vaccines. That isn't going to go away.

In the event you didn't read the article, the last point is this - "The body of evidence on both sides is open to interpretation. People have every right to disbelieve the studies on one side. But it is disingenuous to pretend they do not exist."

Old 09-18-2015, 02:29 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
only the true Trump supporters think he won. Just listen to all the talk shows and the polls that are now starting to come in. He has not plan for handling foreign affairs and his huge lie about the gambling in Florida will live to haunt. You can misunderstand something, mis quote or not really know the answer but you can't blatently lie anymore. The media will catch you!!!! That is what happened to him.
I'm a Trump supporter. I think Chris Christie won.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

All this Debate Crap is overrated - over Hyped. Doesn't matter worth a hoot who draws 15 Seconds of Attention on a Stage controlled by Superficial Creeps, as megyn kelly, Jake Tapped-out, etc.

Trump has Shined like No one since Ronald Reagan, addressing the Most Important issues facing this Nation, that NONE would even consider broaching....Until Donald Trump, boldly, Fearlessly...yes, even articulately and eloquently, took on himself and promised he would deal with it all.

These other coward pretenders NOW, are trying to throw him off ....but, that's futile.

Trump says what he means, and Means what he Says.

None of these 'Usual Suspects' are in Trump's league.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:34 PM

6,398 posts, read 6,286,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Yeah, when push comes to shove, attack frail and sick old white people who obeyed the law and paid into the system their whole lives while supporting their ingrate boomerang children well into adulthood.

I think we can expect more of this from the Ungreatest Generation.

I'd like to know more about this illegal asset-hiding from the IRS that is supposedly taking place...
Why so you can do it?

I already told you the moronicly simple steps to take. Listen to an large metro area's AM radio ads that play 24/7 in New England is you would like to hear multiple lawyers help you to "save your house and money in the event of a medical crisis." This is VERBATIM from the ads!

The problem is that it is NOT "illegal" if you do your "spend down plan" within 5 years in all 50 states! The problem is that they are not "sick and frail" elderly when they do this. They are of 100% sound mind. They do it as insurance against *having to pay* for themselves becoming "sick and frail." Talk about "personal responsibility"...... Isn't this supposedly a Republican commandment??

And who says that they "obeyed the law and paid into the system their entire life?" That is not a prerequisite for any "Medicaid spend down plan." You missed my point that the real benefits of this plan are their children. Most that ive seen are not "boomerang children," they are high functioning adults. They become literal "trust fund kids" after this "Medicaid planning." And we, the taxpayers, foot this bill. Your welcome trust fund entitled brats.

I'm sure more than 80% of the candidates on that stage had *some sort of trust fund* at one point or another to protect assets from seizure and taxation. But who is going to talk about this? I mean hey, it's all legal, right? FUUCK ETHICS! Reminder: Having another baby to continue SSI payments is also "legal."

You are right, it's not very Conservative like to attack "elderly well-off whites" for "gaming the system." So you and everyone else of course feel free to "pick on" those on SSDI who at least we know by definition "paid into the system" or they would be on SSI and not SSDI. And PoC and the poor who had less opportunities to work, yet still "paid into the system" at least on an on par level with the well-off whites. Only the well-off whites (or well-off anyone) actually paid less since payments are supposedly correlated to your income but not really because sale of your home, and money selling your stocks and funds have minimal, if any, taxes.

PS- The "Greatest Generation," so called because they suffered through and/or fought in WWII is mostly DEAD. So cross that off your talking point. This unethical, yet perfectly legal manipulation of assets, pertains mainly now to the older baby boomers. (AKA, the very first in a long line of "Entitled Generations.")

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...of_generations

PPS- Anyone from ANY generation who fought in a war has VA insurance and would be less likely to manipulate the system for "Medicaid" because: 1. The 2 systems are *usually* pretty much on par except for this horrific 5+ years of backlogs after 2 Iraqs and Afghanistan. 2. The "new veterans" were often much lower in SES to begin with since they were "volunteer" ("2 weekends a month, 2 weeks a year!") So any attempt to divert the point by using "the veteran card" is moot.

Last edited by Utopian Slums; 09-18-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 03:56 PM

6,398 posts, read 6,286,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I guess it's impossible for liberals to get very simple things -- like the fact that it is the debate moderators who decide what questions to ask.
1. Liberals can absolutely pull the same BS. However: 1. Most stats show that whites of higher SES are more likely to be Conservative. 2. If they do pull this stunt, they are at least not being so outrageously hypocritical because they are less likely to look and talk down about OTHER PEOPLE using/needing entitlements.

2. As in any debate, the moderators ask the questions, but the responders guide the answers. Low income was mentioned THREE TIMES. If it wasn't asked about, why was it mentioned at all then?? It was the candidates guiding the responses, either calculate or genuinely.

How many times did the moderators ask specific questions regarding Hillary or Obama? I don't remember any. Maybe there was 1 or 2 questions about them that i dont recall. (Was there?) Yet how many times did the candidates bring those people up themselves in responses?

Old 09-18-2015, 06:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
All this Debate Crap is overrated - over Hyped. Doesn't matter worth a hoot who draws 15 Seconds of Attention on a Stage controlled by Superficial Creeps, as megyn kelly, Jake Tapped-out, etc.

Trump has Shined like No one since Ronald Reagan, addressing the Most Important issues facing this Nation, that NONE would even consider broaching....Until Donald Trump, boldly, Fearlessly...yes, even articulately and eloquently, took on himself and promised he would deal with it all.

These other coward pretenders NOW, are trying to throw him off ....but, that's futile.

The old saying is that you can't win a presidential nomination in a debate - but you sure can lose one.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:32 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,831,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Christie does a real good job on the stage. He seems to really believe what he says. He is very genuine. I don't agree with him on some things; personally I think he is for too much big government for me but when he explains he stances on various things I disagree with I often question why I feel the way I do. He really resonates well with people, especially more moderates.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Christie does a real good job on the stage. He seems to really believe what he says. He is very genuine. I don't agree with him on some things; personally I think he is for too much big government for me but when he explains he stances on various things I disagree with I often question why I feel the way I do. He really resonates well with people, especially more moderates.
Christie hugged President Obama after Hurricane Sandy. The base hates him for it and blames him for the GOP's loss in 2012. They will never forgive him for that. Check him off the list.

Last edited by JAMS14; 09-18-2015 at 08:30 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 08:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Winner: Fiorina. She got a HUGE round of applause from the women in the audience when she responded to Trump's comment about her looks. She made Trump come up with a response that was flat out pandering. And dumb. Look for a bump in her poll numbers.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

Be sure to vote! The Democrats are counting on people like you to make Donald Trump the Republican nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies