Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 09:43 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,622,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I thought this debate was great, it allowed for actual debate! I got to see a lot more differences between the candidates this time versus the first debate where everyone besides Trump seemed like clones.

The winner was Trump
The loser was Bush

And the rest don't matter much. Every poll I've seen has shown Trump as the clear winner followed by Fiorina.
I agree. Trump didn't answer what he couldn't, he isn't the president yet. All other answers are theories any way. Trump stated this is what I'll do, get rid of this, keep that. What else can you really say at this point. The rest just argued about their theoretical presidencies, with specifics (even though they don't have any variables yet) to boot!

I think Trump knows what he will address if he wins. He will address illegal immigration however he has to, he will address our failed relations abroad, he will address our economy the way he does business as if we are the client. There really isn't anything specific one can say before they are president.

Which tells me the rest with specific plans all drawn up are just filling my pants with air.
Who needs more of that crap.
It was classic when they were screaming, we've talked about illegal immigration for years and years now. lol
That just proved the point that you haven't accomplished anything regarding it. Trumps like, cough, cough, yep........

I think we need an entertainer. Everyone told Reagan the same thing, actors can't be presidents. Wrong. I think in this capitalist entertainment obsessed country an entertaining business man just might do the trick. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'm sick of electing bobble heads.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, considering that even Obama thought he was born in Kenya, I don't see why it was ever questioned in the first place. Well, Hawaii, the fire and all.......yeah, whatever. Proof Obama Born in Kenya? Obama Literary Agent Says Yes

So, Trump didn't say a lot about foreign policy. Trump admits he is trying to get up to speed so he is listening which is actually a polite and smart thing to do as the others talk. That is what I would be doing, taking their ideas, learning from some different sources what is really going on and then stating my thoughts.

I think Trump becomes more quiet as time goes on as he is taking everything in.

The harassment by the media and trying to pit all other candidates against him will only help him and let people see how threatened they feel by a candidate talks about being for the side of the people of the United States, legal immigrants and citizens.

Trump doesn't will have the best leadership in the world guiding him in making military decisions and I am betting that unlike Obama, he will actually listen. Trump is smart enough to know he doesn't have all the answers and will have a wealth of people to help him get up to speed that are worth listening to since Trump wants to build the country up not tear it down like those members of the Democratic Party thus the exodus I see from the Democratic Party.
You know - a debate really is NOT the place to 'listen and get up to speed". Trump has had plenty of time to get up to speed but . . . I don't think he really cares enough to bother. A debate is where you present your thoughts - not sit back and listen.

Let's recap the extent of his foreign policy nuggets at the debate:
1. He will be 'up to speed' the day after he takes office and on that day - will know more than the other candidates.
2. He will make friends with Putin and that will make the world safer.
3. He will surround himself with the BEST foreign policy people although he could not name ONE.
4. All arab names sound alike to him. "Arab name, Arab name, Arab name"

He will have to up his game to get rational people to vote for him - he has to win a GENERAL ELECTION - not just the Republican primary.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:39 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,137,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What made Obama qualified? I can't think of a single thing besides his skin color.
. . . . and he got way more votes than McCain and Romney! That's it!!!!! hahahah

Mick

Old 09-18-2015, 12:03 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,462,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
. . . . and he got way more votes than McCain and Romney! That's it!!!!! hahahah

Mick
Exactly what I thought. Nothing.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,852,396 times
Cruz made the most solid points when he wasn't being marginalized.

Look at this exchange with Kaisch and Cruz on the Iran deal during the debate.

Kaisch looking like a GOP Establishment idiot. Who, incidentally, is in this race as a splinter candidate for Jeb Bush.

Kasich:

Let me make clear, let me make clear, if we think they get close to developing a nuclear weapon and we get that information, you better believe that I would do everything in my power as the Commander-in-Chief to stop them having a nuclear weapon.

Cruz:

There is no more important topic in 2016 than this topic right here. And I’ve listened to several folks saying ‘Well gosh, if they cheat, we’ll act.’ We won’t know. Under this agreement there are several facilities they designate as military facilities that are off-limit altogether. Beyond that, the other facilities, we give them 24 days notice before inspecting them. That is designed to allow them to hide the evidence and, most astonishingly, this agreement trusts the Iranians to inspect themselves.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZJKXvKe4D8

Old 09-18-2015, 12:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I do t agree with all of rubio's policies, but I think he sounds the most presidential on stage. He had the most command of foreign affairs, he was very eloquent and explained his positions well. Personally, if he doesn't become the republican nominee this time he has a very good chance next time.

Every time he takes the stage I am more impressed with his abilities.
and believe it or not many people, in fact, probably the majority, especially the ones who are not political junkies like many of us: will vote for the candidate that seems the most presidentual. This is one reason I am thinking we might see a Rubio/Fiarina ticket. It is still way to early to tell, but he might be in the right place at the right time. Trump is going to start heading south; if this happens he will no longer want to play the game, Bush will be fading as well and there may stand Rubio, just waiting in the shadow.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I cannot believe some people are saying that Trump won the debate. Trump totally messed up during the foreign policy/military segment. He definitely showed his lack of knowledge. His poll numbers should DROP after this, unless of course the usual xenophobic segment of society continues to cling on to Trump's claim that he's going build a border wall, deport illegals, etc.

And yes, Carson took forever to answer the questions. What a joke that people are even considering him as a presidential candidate.

Good grief, what a ridiculous sideshow this whole Republican lineup is!
only the true Trump supporters think he won. Just listen to all the talk shows and the polls that are now starting to come in. He has not plan for handling foreign affairs and his huge lie about the gambling in Florida will live to haunt. You can misunderstand something, mis quote or not really know the answer but you can't blatently lie anymore. The media will catch you!!!! That is what happened to him.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Rubio wants amnesty. That's all I need to know. A president surrounds himself with knowledgeable people( Obama hasn't) and doesn't need to know every single thing and every countries leaders name to turn this country around.
Please listen closely to what he is saying: he is not saying "total amnesty and no, I do not agree 100% with his plan, but it seems to be the closest we will get to making some headway. Certainly Trump's idea is nuts. there is no way to send them all back; come on you guys, get your head out of the clouds. Let's see what we can do to help solve our immigration problems; something that is somewhat realistic.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:09 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,852,396 times
People are still outraged over Trump's comments regarding vaccines.

What the News Isn’t Saying About Vaccine-Autism Studies

What you didn’t learn on the news was that the study was from a consulting firm that lists major vaccine makers among its clients: The Lewin Group.

https://sharylattkisson.com/what-the...utism-studies/

Old 09-18-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
People are still outraged over Trump's comments regarding vaccines.

What the News Isn’t Saying About Vaccine-Autism Studies

What you didn’t learn on the news was that the study was from a consulting firm that lists major vaccine makers among its clients: The Lewin Group.

https://sharylattkisson.com/what-the...utism-studies/
that may end up hurting him even more than his lie about gambling in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies