Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 06:35 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,463,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
And let's not overlook the REAL elephant in the room that absolutely no politician will ever talk about- financially "well off" seniors legally hiding their assets for free health care. THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM driving up entitlement costs- seniors doing "Medicaid planning" (AKA "Spend down to Medicaid") who put their funds in a trust or give to kids so the state (ie, all of us tax payers) can pay for these millionaires long term care.
Yeah, when push comes to shove, attack frail and sick old white people who obeyed the law and paid into the system their whole lives while supporting their ingrate boomerang children well into adulthood.

I think we can expect more of this from the Ungreatest Generation.

I'd like to know more about this illegal asset-hiding from the IRS that is supposedly taking place...

Old 09-18-2015, 06:52 AM

26,184 posts, read 22,366,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump had the best go to Hawaii to prove that Obama wasn't born therea few years ago. They are still looking.
Well, considering that even Obama thought he was born in Kenya, I don't see why it was ever questioned in the first place. Well, Hawaii, the fire and all.......yeah, whatever. Proof Obama Born in Kenya? Obama Literary Agent Says Yes

So, Trump didn't say a lot about foreign policy. Trump admits he is trying to get up to speed so he is listening which is actually a polite and smart thing to do as the others talk. That is what I would be doing, taking their ideas, learning from some different sources what is really going on and then stating my thoughts.

I think Trump becomes more quiet as time goes on as he is taking everything in.

The harassment by the media and trying to pit all other candidates against him will only help him and let people see how threatened they feel by a candidate talks about being for the side of the people of the United States, legal immigrants and citizens.

Trump doesn't will have the best leadership in the world guiding him in making military decisions and I am betting that unlike Obama, he will actually listen. Trump is smart enough to know he doesn't have all the answers and will have a wealth of people to help him get up to speed that are worth listening to since Trump wants to build the country up not tear it down like those members of the Democratic Party thus the exodus I see from the Democratic Party.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
And when he was president, the Republicans did everything they could to harass him and block anything he wanted to change. One of them even said that no bill of Obama's was going to pass if he could help it, and it didn't matter to them whether it helped people or not.
Name and direct quote, please.

Or are you just making things up?

Maybe you're mistaking a Republican for Democrat Harry Reid -- who refused to allow any votes on an energy bill because it might succeed and make Bush look good.

Quote:
George W. Bush inherited a growing economy...
Not true.

The economy was going into a recession and the dotcom bubble was about to burst.

Quote:
a budget surplus...
You forgot to mention that the national debt was $5 trillion when Bush took office.

Quote:
and a nation at peace....
Not true.

We were enforcing no fly zones over Iraq, with our planes getting shot at.

Quote:
Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy
a shattered economy that the Democrats caused by forcing banks to make home loans to poor people who could never pay those loans back and then getting the government to guarantee those sub-prime loans via Freddy and Fannie.

Quote:
a trillion dollar deficit...
which Obama increased -- eventually doubling the national debt

Quote:
and two useless wars...
that the Democrats fully supported and voted to keep fundinig.

Quote:
Obama saved the country from another Great Depression
No.

He helped CAUSE the depression by threatening to sue banks that didn't lend to deadbeats.

He did that as a lawyer for ACORN.

Quote:
rebuilt GM...
Which has been plagued with scandals.

The latest one: Obama's attorney general has reneged on her promise to prosecute executives, but is going ahead with a huge fine against GM for its faulty ignition system that killed over 100 people.

Quote:
reformed healthcare
"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"The average family will save $2,500."

All lies.

Quote:
reformed Wall Street...
Wrong.

Wall Street is still "too big to fail."

And, BTW, it was Clinton who signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagle Act, which made it possible for banks to risk their depositors' money.

Quote:
doubled the stock market, created 16 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 65 months of private sector job growth
Yeah...and with all of that the labor participation rate has declined, poverty has increased, average income has gone down, food stamps have nearly doubled.

But Obama's rich friends like Soros, Immelt and Buffet have been doing just fine. So have the Clintons. And so have the Obamas.

Quote:
Got Gaddafi
Look at Libya now.

ISIS and other terrorist groups are running the country, which is now a failed state.

Great going, Obama.

And, by the way, all those terrorists that killed our people in Benghazi....Obama was going to "get" them for sure.

He hasn't done that.

I wonder why not.

Because it would make him and Hillary look bad, that's why not.

Quote:
Along with creating Obamacare, without which I probably would have been dead by now and would certainly not be going into the doctor tomorrow for a possible cancer diagnosis.
Nonsense.

Even before Obamacare, you could go to the emergency room for free.

Quote:
"...Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act..."
That right there is a lie by O'Donnell.

It was the Republicans, not the Democrats, who supported Civil Rights.

Quote:
-Lawrence O'Donnell Jr.
O'Donnell is a pompous jerk.

Last edited by dechatelet; 09-18-2015 at 07:20 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
So.... when politicians do it, that is NOT considered an "attack on Christianity?"

So... 3 sound bytes in 3 hours? Yeah, that's obviously right at the top of their agenda. They did more Clinton and Obama bashing, Reagan name dropping and planning all the wars they wanna get going ASAP.
I guess it's impossible for liberals to get very simple things -- like the fact that it is the debate moderators who decide what questions to ask.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:10 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,170,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No, it was the Democrats who caused the Great Recession by forcing banks to make home loans to obvious deadbeats lest they be accused of "racism."
So, you are blaming the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 for the Great Recession? 31 years later? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Obama was a lawyer for ACORN, which threatened to sue banks if they didn't make loans to people who couldn't pay them back.
Well, first, Obama was one of the attorneys representing ACORN in connection with a lawsuit to require the state of Illinois to offer voter registration at DMV offices. He won. That's it. The rest is all made up.
However, in any event, I don't understand why it would be a problem for ACORN to put pressure on banks to comply with the Community Investment Act of 1977, which they are supposed to do anyway. Had ACORN put pressure to increase enforcement of DWI, would that be evil, too?

Mick

Old 09-18-2015, 08:42 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,304,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump's MO of insulting everyone and everything is wearing thin. He had nothing to say of any substance and sat on his tongue when the subject of foreign policy rolled around. He also is not putting any campaign infrastructure in place to handle a run if he is eventually picked, which is quite an oddity.

I still say he will drop out of the marathon at mile 23 and leave the rest of the field scrambling. He will, however, have a very real impact on who the candidate actually will be

insulting "everyone" and "everything?????? that is not even remotely true just because the media paints it that way for ratings and drama and people like you drink the kool aid.

In a 3 hour debate Trump talked for 18 minutes and most of it was to answer CNN's moderator silly questions and tactics of "he said this about you, what do you think" high school crap and interrupting the candidates when they were talking details and killed their thoughts and flow of the debate....blame CNN and the moderator for that, NOT TRUMP.

you suggesting that Trump doesn't have a campaign infrastructure meaning that he hasn't been bought by the special interests and the establishment like Hillary and Jeb then he doesn't, the people will decide who they want nominated and as of now, Trump is leading the pack with Carson second, another candidate that doesn't have the infrastructure you are talking about meaning he hasn't been bought by the establishment and special interests.

You want more of the same, then vote for Jeb or Hillary..............by the way, what is Hillary or Jeb's detail foreign policy? all I know about Jeb is that he surrounded himself by the same crowd that advised his brother on foreign policy and the economy.........and Hillary isn't giving any details either but she is basically an Obama 3rd term but you want to hold Trump to a different standard?

Old 09-18-2015, 08:44 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,532,038 times
Trump clearly won. He did no damage and he toned it down just a little. He is the clear choice for our next president. No more fools like obambo.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:48 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,129,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, considering that even Obama thought he was born in Kenya, I don't see why it was ever questioned in the first place. Well, Hawaii, the fire and all.......yeah, whatever. Proof Obama Born in Kenya? Obama Literary Agent Says Yes.
Here, educate yourself. I know it's a challenge for a birther to absorb actual knowledge, but give it a go:

The Debunker's Guide to Obama Conspiracy Theories

Old 09-18-2015, 09:11 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,170,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No two of those people can point to their accomplishments. You know, accomplishments are the outcomes of actions.
As I see it, here is the problem with your theory. Accomplishments in one arena do not necessarily indicate success in another. Becoming a prominent pediatric neurosurgeon is very impressive. Yet, when it comes to plumbing, he is horrible compared to a professional plumber. He probably would be destroyed in chess by a professional player. And he won't be able to compete in a decathlon against elite athletes. He is no match for Neil deGrasse Tyson in astrophysics.

Could the neurosurgeon learn to excel in those arenas? Maybe, but not likely to that level. Different jobs require different aptitude, experience, thinking process, etc. We cannot assume that a successful person will automatically be wonderful in everything s/he does, because that simply isn't true.

Mick

Old 09-18-2015, 09:24 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,480,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
As I see it, here is the problem with your theory. Accomplishments in one arena do not necessarily indicate success in another. Becoming a prominent pediatric neurosurgeon is very impressive. Yet, when it comes to plumbing, he is horrible compared to a professional plumber. He probably would be destroyed in chess by a professional player. And he won't be able to compete in a decathlon against elite athletes. He is no match for Neil deGrasse Tyson in astrophysics.

Could the neurosurgeon learn to excel in those arenas? Maybe, but not likely to that level. Different jobs require different aptitude, experience, thinking process, etc. We cannot assume that a successful person will automatically be wonderful in everything s/he does, because that simply isn't true.

Mick
What made Obama qualified? I can't think of a single thing besides his skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies