Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 03:02 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,430,374 times

Advertisements

Interesting enough and I do have to mention this, even though it does not help my point:

In NYC the new people that I love to meet is recent immigrants from the Russian world. And they do seem to be inspired for Obama. I did elect Obama and re-elect Obama for this specific purpose. Even in Talking to people in Moscow, Obama does inspire people.

There are dead and injured people in Ukraine because of Obama's foreign policy. This one is for the history books, his image does inspire people and his falier cost life and misery. To tell you the truth had Obama been white I would have impeached him long ago, but I do need his legacy to inspire people across the world and also future generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 05:14 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Insults to Obama are all you have posted so far. I guess that means you do not have logic or facts on your side. BTW, you did not give an answer; you expressed your opinion.
Get back to me when Obama logs onto City Data and makes some sort of argument and I respond to him with silly nonsense, logical fallacy, and pointless insult. When he does then you might actually have a point. Clearly you don't understand the difference between that, and commentary about him as President.

As for your other point, I never said that I wasn't giving opinion.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,125,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What is a "rightie"? I voted for Obama in '08. Doesn't mean I can't call him out for being a complete failure.
Sure you did. You're posting history is public so you'll understand that I'll just call you out and say that's false so we can just move along....

Moving along...

Quote:
As for the rest.
That was a cute lil meme. In reality, there's really not much outside racism/islamophobia/ignorance to explain why so many people think America became such a lousy country in very early 2009 when Obama took office.

This is an increasingly global world with a lot tougher competition now, even 15 years ago was different. China's slump makes us slump. EU's slump makes us slump. Russia's slump is making them more irrational. Getting tough out there yo.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:12 AM

700 posts, read 638,544 times
Quote:
And this poll is from exactly the same time. From a more reliable source too.

Poll: Putin Seen as Stronger Leader Than Obama | RealClearPolitics

Dear Heart, this is why I don't do battle of the web links. If you can't argue a point with your own words, then you have no point.
...and that poll clearly asked a different question than the poll I posted. It also confirmed, somewhat, my point. You mentioned *global* opinions of both leaders so I posted a *global* poll. Your source asked *people in the United States* who was the stronger leader, Obama or Putin. While a clear majority viewed Putin as being a stronger leader than Obama, Putin's favorability rating in that poll mirrored the one I posted. If strong is defined as aggressively throwing your weight around, then I can definitely concede that Putin is a stronger leader than Obama.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,661,053 times
Quote:
Other than being a bit of an insult to monkeys, it is just criticism. He's given Obama other criticism.

Such as the Obama going on about Edward Snowden. "Obama is like someone trying shear a pig for wool. Lot's of squealing, but little to show for it."

(American Blacks constantly screaming "racism" has no credibility on the world stage. The rest of the world wonders why the rest of America puts up with such a very coddled overly entitled group going on and on about nothing while walking around in $250 clown shoes.)
can you see Putin from your knees?

Old 10-10-2015, 07:44 AM

624 posts, read 1,072,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Interesting enough and I do have to mention this, even though it does not help my point:

In NYC the new people that I love to meet is recent immigrants from the Russian world. And they do seem to be inspired for Obama. I did elect Obama and re-elect Obama for this specific purpose. Even in Talking to people in Moscow, Obama does inspire people.

There are dead and injured people in Ukraine because of Obama's foreign policy. This one is for the history books, his image does inspire people and his falier cost life and misery. To tell you the truth had Obama been white I would have impeached him long ago, but I do need his legacy to inspire people across the world and also future generations.
I think all immigrants have a bit of a confusion. They are not able to distinguish US (and it's greatness) within the US borders and US and it's horrible deeds outside of the US borders. It's not unlike the Roman Empire. Back in the 1st Century, Rome was a great Empire. If you were a Roman, and you lived in Rome, things were going great for you. You had protections that were practically unheard of anywhere else in the world at that time (unless my history knowledge fails me on that point). But, if you went outside of Rome, especially if you were not a Roman citizen, then good luck starting alive and keeping your wealth from the Romans. When those boys come knocking, you better flee on time.

I see parallels to this in the US. US is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, country in the world to live in. But, US also causes millions deaths worldwide due it's ambitions and perhaps in part to keep it's greatness within it's borders. This double-sidedness confuses people, I think. Most immigrants I know think that if you are criticizing the US foreign policy, then you must somehow hate the US and, conversely, you show your love for the US by liking everything the US does in the world.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:06 PM

7,516 posts, read 5,760,348 times
I'd take Putin over Hussien. I wonder if he would be willing to run? Heck we elected a Kenyan Muslim terrorist sympathizer why not a Russian?

Old 10-10-2015, 02:51 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,589,193 times
Quote:
The TV tells us to hate their president. In reality more people hate our president then theirs. I mean we are not doing so hot in the leadership department.
It is political. American media and Western Media (which is dominated by American Think Tanks and NGOs) hates Russia, because Russia opposes American Geo-Strategy. If you watch closely, you will notice that the countries who are most hated by American Media (Russia, China, Iran) are exactly those who oppose American Geo-Strategy the most. Those who are a lapdog and essentially a colony of the United States the American Media salivates over. Those are countries like Germany, UK, France, Japan, South Korea, Scandinavian countries and Eastern European countries. Coincident? Hardly.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:58 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,530,375 times
Quote:
The TV tells us to hate their president. In reality more people hate our president then theirs. I mean we are not doing so hot in the leadership department.
At least the Putin is a man and he supports his nation. We're stuck with a punk who despises the country that elected him.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:59 PM

773 posts, read 787,509 times
Quote:
I really wish Obama would be more like Putin. Of course that would mean all the GOP Congress would mysteriously meet their demise, and TV would be state run and all programs state-approved, and no one would question Obama on anything because they know they would end up in jail or just be executed, and Obama would become one of the richest men in the world.

Yeah, I wish we had a president like Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies