Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 12:54 AM

934 posts, read 595,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Not all of the victims are gang members... Some of them are innocents in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The very few times its an innocent peiple do speak up. If you paid attention you would notice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 12:59 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
The very few times its an innocent peiple do speak up. If you paid attention you would notice
What I notice is that we have a gang problem across this country that is not being addressed and could be. Why is that? If you take the gang violence out of the equation, we live in a pretty peaceful society. When a innocent victim is killed, other innocents speaking up does not bring back the life that is lost.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:04 AM

934 posts, read 595,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What I notice is that we have a gang problem across this country that is not being addressed and could be. Why is that? If you take the gang violence out of the equation, we live in a pretty peaceful society. When a innocent victim is killed, other innocents speaking up does not bring back the life that is lost.
Whats the solution to gang shootings, arming the victims?

Too late they are already armed

Old 10-04-2015, 01:05 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Old 10-04-2015, 01:13 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Whats the solution to gang shootings, arming the victims?

Too late they are already armed
No, the solution is going after gangs under the RICO laws. The gangs of the 20's were eliminated as could the gangs of today. Arrest members for everything from tax evasion to jay walking. Any crime you can bring them in on. Federal task forces to address the issue rather than the beat cop who doesn't want to get involved. I have been in some of the projects of major cities after dark. Cops won't even patrol there until daylight. It's ridiculous that we as a society continue to allow gangs free reign.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:19 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Those people up there have voted for their own death squads for decades. They are a lost cause and it does not even make the national news anymore.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Lets do this. Since everything evolves into what it is, what were the conditions that evolved this culture that you people do not want to speak of? What incubated a different culture in a people that had their original culture stripped from them....given that these people have been in these lands for over 300 years? what phenomenon (hint: who was protesting the integration of schools, the integration of housing, etc, when blacks were seeking to integrate) created the isolation necessary for a separate American culture to foment within the larger American culture?

Lets see who really wants to talk about culture.
If we're going to have this conversation, the first thing that you need to do is stop blaming all white people for it. Once you can do that, then we can have a real discussion.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:30 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
I wish all these racist white people would just stop committing all this gun violence in our cities in record numbers

can we stop being PC already and just admit the freakin' problem so we can try and fix it... and no its not "poverty"

Last edited by eqttrdr; 10-04-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 03:42 PM

773 posts, read 786,820 times
I was born in Chicago in 1951 and lived there until just recently. I've been through every neighborhood. I lived in a "changing" neighborhood and had some encounters I never planned to have. I know Chicago pretty well. I've watched as the weapon of choice changed from knives to guns, and the murder rate skyrocketed.

"Vice" did a feature on Chicago a couple of years ago. It's about as real as you can get. If you want to know what's going on in Chiraq, watch this. It's very educational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Xa2oKKVR0

Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Simply make the carrying of illegal guns in Chicago illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies