Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,655,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The second amendment of the ME restricts to stones.

What is illegal in the ME is Life, Liberty and Individual Decency.

Carrying a concealed stone without a license is punishable by death.
Mmmm...I think Toyman iss onto something with the grenades idea. We could give them all either 10 grenades, or a bomb vest. Giving them all bomb vests would probably work out well. The conflagration would be viewable from space. It could be a PPV event, on DishNet. Peace in the Middle East. Would be a real Gala.

The "culture" there has condoned child rape for a millennia. Sultans, Caliphs, Sheiks, all had ..appetites..along these lines. Their religion sees no wrong in it, at least insofar as how they interpret the "word". Their reputation for being ravagers of children , is well documented in historical literature. It hasn't been a secret since...ever. Its only been concealed in peoples ignorance of history. If folks would bother, to seek out that knowledge, so artfully concealed in books, and now , with the Web, it seems there's no excuse, for ignorance, things like this wouldn't seem like such "revalations".

The "culture" of the ME is disgusting, by any standards other than their own. Exportation of that culture, is something the West should NOT tolerate. Multiculturalism be damned! Tolerance be damned! Some ingredients make for a sour stew.and are better left out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 11:28 AM

28,692 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
First link in this thread. Seriously.
Okay, what you said was:

Quote:
I just heard the ARMY dismissed a Soldier for interfering with a child rape by
some Afghan dog. That is just plain wrong. if we have allowed our command to
become politically corrupt it is time to get the hell out of there and replace
the command that would condemn one of our soldiers for doing the morally proper
thing.
What the story said was:

Quote:
Quinn actually physically beat up an American-backed militia commander after
he found out he was keeping a boy chained to his bed, using him as a sex
slave.
Now, four years later, the Times reports that the military is
also trying to forcibly retire Sgt. First Class Charles Martland. Martland is a
Special Forces member who helped Captain Quinn free the child and beat up the
commander.
In September 2011, an Afghan woman, visibly bruised, showed up at an American
base with her son, who was limping. One of the Afghan police commanders in the
area, Abdul Rahman, had abducted the boy and forced him to become a sex slave,
chained to his bed, the woman explained. When she sought her son’s return, she
herself was beaten. Her son had eventually been released, but she was afraid it
would happen again, she told the Americans on the base.

She explained that because “her son was such a good-looking kid, he was a
status symbol” coveted by local commanders, recalled Mr. Quinn, who did not
speak to the woman directly but was told about her visit when he returned to the
base from a mission later that day.

That’s when Captain Quinn called Abdul Rahman to confront him about the rape.
The police commander admitted everything but said it was not a big deal.

Quinn said, “you are held to a higher standard if you are working with U.S.
forces, and people expect more of you,” but the police commander just
laughed.

“I picked him up and threw him onto the ground,” Quinn recalled. That’s when
Sergeant Martland joined. “I did this to make sure the message was understood
that if he went back to the boy, that it was not going to be tolerated.”
You made it sound as though the Americans caught the crime in the act, when in fact they took vigilante justice into their own hands some time afterward. The actual story is certainly not as you represented it.

What they actually did would not fly even in the US for the same crime. If two soldiers at, say, Ft Pope, found about a rape, sought the rapist out, and beat him up themselves, they'd still face harsh disciplinary actions. The officer would be dismissed and the senior NCO would be told to retire...at the very least. It's very likely the NCO would get busted to a very low rank before being allowed to retire (with his retirement pay based on that last low rank).

Old 09-23-2015, 11:36 AM

19,860 posts, read 12,142,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Okay, what you said was:

What the story said was:

You made it sound as though the Americans caught the crime in the act, when in fact they took vigilante justice into their own hands some time afterward. The actual story is certainly not as you represented it.

What they actually did would not fly even in the US for the same crime. If two soldiers at, say, Ft Pope, found about a rape, sought the rapist out, and beat him up themselves, they'd still face harsh disciplinary actions. The officer would be dismissed and the senior NCO would be told to retire...at the very least. It's very likely the NCO would get busted to a very low rank before being allowed to retire (with his retirement pay based on that last low rank).
I never said that.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I never said that.
I apologize, poor quoting on my part. It was GregW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I never had to face such a situation when I was in 'Nam but I probably would have just shot the rapist and moved on. Some crimes are so obvious you just cannot let them happen without doing something about it.

I just heard the ARMY dismissed a Soldier for interfering with a child rape by some Afghan dog. That is just plain wrong. if we have allowed our command to become politically corrupt it is time to get the hell out of there and replace the command that would condemn one of our soldiers for doing the morally proper thing.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:09 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,605,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I never had to face such a situation when I was in 'Nam but I probably would have just shot the rapist and moved on. Some crimes are so obvious you just cannot let them happen without doing something about it.

I just heard the ARMY dismissed a Soldier for interfering with a child rape by some Afghan dog. That is just plain wrong. if we have allowed our command to become politically corrupt it is time to get the hell out of there and replace the command that would condemn one of our soldiers for doing the morally proper thing.

Agreed.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:14 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,142,218 times
My gut reaction when reading this story was putting soldiers in this situation explains some of the PTSD we are seeing our servicemen returning with. It is unconscionable to expect a normal or even semi-normal human to ignore this atrocity.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:39 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,021,953 times
Quote:
Okay, what you said was:

What the story said was:

You are leaving out the part where the rapist say said yeah "I did it its no big deal" and not just a rape but chained him to a bed to be a sex slave, so multiple rape and kidnapping. I am all for multi culturalism and as liberal as they come but f this, knowing what we know now about the damage inflicted to a child by sexual abuse, how can we tolerate this, yes its happened for hundreds of years and in western society too, but we did not know any better, just like we thought a distant mother caused autism, or a depressed women needed part of her brain taken out, we didn't know better, we do know and if we are going to stand for anyting as a country we can not allow this to happen under our noses much less in our house (bases).

Old 09-23-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You are leaving out the part where the rapist say said yeah "I did it its no big deal" and not just a rape but chained him to a bed to be a sex slave, so multiple rape and kidnapping. I am all for multi culturalism and as liberal as they come but f this, knowing what we know now about the damage inflicted to a child by sexual abuse, how can we tolerate this, yes its happened for hundreds of years and in western society too, but we did not know any better, just like we thought a distant mother caused autism, or a depressed women needed part of her brain taken out, we didn't know better, we do know and if we are going to stand for anyting as a country we can not allow this to happen under our noses much less in our house (bases).
I'm talking about the military reaction to an officer and an NCO having taken justice into their own hands some time after the occurrence of the crime (even presuming the initial incident would be considered a crime in context).

They did not catch the crime in commission, they heard about it some time afterward. As I said, if the exact same thing happened in the States (where the initial incident certainly would have been a crime), that officer and NCO would still have stood charges for assault and battery. The only legal action they could take would be to report the incident to their superiors or to the military police.

And, btw, that property in Afghanistan belongs to Afghanistan, not the US forces that are merely hosted there. The Afghan officer, legally, is under Afghan law, not the UCMJ.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:06 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,021,953 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the military reaction to an officer and an NCO having taken justice into their own hands some time after the occurrence of the crime (even presuming the initial incident would be considered a crime in context).

They did not catch the crime in commission, they heard about it some time afterward. As I said, if the exact same thing happened in the States (where the initial incident certainly would have been a crime), that officer and NCO would still have stood charges for assault and battery. The only legal action they could take would be to report the incident to their superiors or to the military police.

And, btw, that property in Afghanistan belongs to Afghanistan, not the US forces that are merely hosted there. The Afghan officer, legally, is under Afghan law, not the UCMJ.
They did not have to see the crime in commission because there was admission. I am disputing what should happen by the book, but in an environment where this kind of thing is not persecuted, the perp shows no remorse which would be interpreted as no problem with continuing that activity what recourse is left of the US soldiers. I do not know about temporary bases or classification of bases but I been stationed overseas I was always told that the bases were US territory.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:14 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,884,749 times
Well, then, is it OK for U.S. soldiers to rape boys in Afghanistan?

Like, when in Afghanistan, do what the Afghans do?

Wouldn't that be good public relations?

Wouldn't that show that America accepts the cultures and traditions of other nations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies