Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 04:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're the perfect example of what is wrong with both political parties today. You don't think any further than being oppositional. About all you ever say is the opposite of what someone you perceive as being liberal says.

That requires zero thinking.
Tu quoque.

It's Latin. Look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 04:24 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Here comes Colin Powell taking a swipe at the Republican Party and calling himself a "Republican"

From CNN::

Powell also criticized anti-immigrant rhetoric, calling himself "a child of immigrant parents" and America "an immigrant nation."
"We have been built on the backs of immigrants and we've always had difficulty with immigration policy throughout our history" Powell said, calling out Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump by name.
"If I were around Mr. Trump -- Donald -- who I know very well, I would say, 'You know, Donald, let's see what happens. Let's tell all the immigrants working at Trump Hotel to stay home tomorrow.' See what happens. Are you kidding me? ... Look who's serving you. Guess who's cooking in the back," Powell said. "Next time you walk through Dulles or Reagan, look who's manning the counter. Look who's cleaning things up. These are first generation American immigrants, who will raise children, who will grow up to higher things." Colin Powell: I will continue to be a Republican - CNNPolitics.com

Does Powell knows the difference between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration and the LAW? how could somebody this educated and smart be so disingenuous. This is the "republican" that endorsed Obama TWICE and will likely endorse Hillary for President and has endorse "BLACK LIVE MATTERS"

Trump is NOT against LEGAL immigration...how enforcing the LAWS anti-immigration?.......I respected Powell a LOOOOONG time ago but lately is he not being truthful.

I hope Trump answers Powell about the HOTEL comment
Trump is a narcissist, a blowhard, and a buffoon. Powell is a combat vet, a war hero and once again correct. Trump's hotels are staffed by illegal immigrants, he makes money off of them, and he knows it. Wake up!

Old 10-03-2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
I think it's more accurate to suggest that The Republican Party has become the complete opposite of what it was. One only needs to look back to the likes of Eisenhower, Goldwater, or even Nixon to recognize those changes.

I'm well to the left of even The Democratic Party, so I have little concern for the inner-squabbles within the two "major" parties. However, while I've never been a supporter, I can remember when most Republicans actually placed the good of the nation above the advancement of fringe ideologies.
How has the Republican Party not placed the good of the nation above fringe ideologies?

Oh, by not agreeing with the Democrats -- who themselves only care about race, class, gender, illegal aliens, Muslims, and other divisive interests that have nothing to do with the good of the nation.

You know nothing about Nixon, Eisenhower and Goldwater.

And, by the way, you forgot to throw Reagan into the bunch.

You libs amuse me.

Your lib counterparts at the time raged and foamed at the mouth against Nixon, Goldwater and Reagan, and now you pretend that they were great compared to today's Repubicans.

Hilarious.

Don't you have a rally to go to for Bernie, Hillary or Crazy Uncle Joe?

Old 10-03-2015, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Trump is a narcissist, a blowhard, and a buffoon. Powell is a combat vet, a war hero and once again correct. Trump's hotels are staffed by illegal immigrants, he makes money off of them, and he knows it. Wake up!
Trump is a successful businessman who doesn't do anything any differently than other businessmen -- except do it better.

Powell is an affirmative action hand-out baby who puts race above everything else -- including the good of this nation.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump is a successful businessman who doesn't do anything any differently than other businessmen -- except do it better.

Powell is an affirmative action hand-out baby who puts race above everything else -- including the good of this nation.

Please, please wake up! Stop idolizing Trump. You need a better hero.

Powell didn't earn his Purple Heart, Bronze Star, CIB or Ranger tab through affirmative action. Trump would wet himself in combat. Powell earned medals.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:44 AM

Quote:

Please, please wake up! Stop idolizing Trump. You need a better hero.

Powell didn't earn his Purple Heart, Bronze Star, CIB or Ranger tab through affirmative action. Trump would wet himself in combat. Powell earned medals.
Nonsense.

Stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Nonsense.

Stop drinking the Kool Aid.
Really, what part of what I wrote is nonsense?

Trump avoided military service. In fact, he has never spent even one day in the service of this country in any manner.

Powell is a decorated war hero and has spent the majority of his life in the service of this country.

Those are facts. I think you are the one drinking the Kool Aid my friend. Not me.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Really, what part of what I wrote is nonsense?

Trump avoided military service. In fact, he has never spent even one day in the service of this country in any manner.

Powell is a decorated war hero and has spent the majority of his life in the service of this country.

Those are facts. I think you are the one drinking the Kool Aid my friend. Not me.
An honorable man doesn't play the race card.

Powell's awards are no more meaningful to me than John Kerry's awards.

And, incidentally, Trump was rejected by the military for physical reasons -- a foot spur.

He did go to a military school and was an outstanding student, both there and later at one of the best business schools in the country.

Your hatred of white people is showing -- due to your unwarranted contempt for Trump and your assumption that he is some kind of coward or crybaby.

Powell is the big crybaby -- not taking responsibility for the fact that he was a tool for others, and the fact that people he is falsely calling "immigrants" are here illegally, are stealing jobs from his fellow blacks and other American citizens, are lowering wages for his fellow blacks and other American citizens, and are only allowed to be here because Democrats want votes and Republicans want cheap labor.

Contemptible. His medals mean nothing compared to that.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:00 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
Its obvious for a long time that Powell is nothing but a self promoting opportunist. I don't know why he gets press, unless it could be because he's black. I don't see the media hunting down other former generals for quotes on the issues of the day.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
An honorable man doesn't play the race card.

Powell's awards are no more meaningful to me than John Kerry's awards.

And, incidentally, Trump was rejected by the military for physical reasons -- a foot spur.

He did go to a military school and was an outstanding student, both there and later at one of the best business schools in the country.

Your hatred of white people is showing -- due to your unwarranted contempt for Trump and your assumption that he is some kind of coward or crybaby.

Powell is the big crybaby -- not taking responsibility for the fact that he was a tool for others, and the fact that people he is falsely calling "immigrants" are here illegally, are stealing jobs from his fellow blacks and other American citizens, are lowering wages for his fellow blacks and other American citizens, and are only allowed to be here because Democrats want votes and Republicans want cheap labor.

Contemptible. His medals mean nothing compared to that.
LMAO!!!!!

Okay Trumpster... Whatever you say. Trump is a coward and a blowhard. He would pee on himself in a gunfight. He'd cry himself to sleep every night that he had to spend in a combat zone. Knowing that he's your idol is very revealing.

Your hatred of the truth is showing. Your unwarranted contempt for facts reveals you. Powell is a decorated war hero and a Republican. Too bad the racist lowlifes have now hijacked the GOP. At one point in time the GOP actually stood for something meaningful. Now they are just a bunch of ignorant losers.

Keep supporting the Trump TV show and the GOP will never hold national office again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies