Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:05 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

It's one thing to be against gun control but quite another large and unsubstantiated leap to believe that Sandy Hook was a government conspiracy planed to disarm the public. You really have to wonder about the sheriffs state of mental health.

Quote:

Three days before that letter was released, Mr. Hanlin shared a link on his
personal Facebook page
to a YouTube video, which suggested that the shootings at Sandy Hook — and the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 — might have been staged by the federal government to
provide a pretext for “disarming the public” through gun control legislation. In
a comment imploring his Facebook friends to watch that video, whose producer
claims that the parents of children “allegedly shot” at Sandy Hook were actors,
the sheriff wrote, “This makes me wonder who we can trust anymore.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/us...-facebook.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 04:22 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's one thing to be against gun control but quite another large and unsubstantiated leap to believe that Sandy Hook was a government conspiracy planed to disarm the public. You really have to wonder about the sheriffs state of mental health.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/us...-facebook.html
The sheriff is just expressing his personal opinion just like you are.

Get over it.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:43 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,758 times
I'm guessing this is supposed to tie into last week's tragedy somehow?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:53 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
I'm guessing this is supposed to tie into last week's tragedy somehow?
What better place to do the next false flag? Pick the nut job sheriffs territory. Boom goes the dynamite!

Old 10-04-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The sheriff is just expressing his personal opinion just like you are.

Get over it.
It's one thing for a private citizen to believe in conspiracy theories quite another for government and elected officials in positions of responsibility, especially those law enforcement involved in collecting facts in murders.

Maybe he believes this latest mass shooting is also part of the master plan.

I would love to hear his theories on Sandy Hook.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:21 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,132 times
Quote:
It's one thing for a private citizen to believe in conspiracy theories quite another for government and elected officials in positions of responsibility, especially those law enforcement involved in collecting facts in murders.

Last I checked the sheriff's Facebook page is personal and not part of the sheriff's office. Anyone has the right to express personal opinions but then I guess you don't believe in the first amendment.

The sheriff's opinions on Sandy Hook are shared by millions of people.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:

I wonder if those theories have changed OR if he thinks what happened in his own town is just . . part of the plan to take guns away.

Well. You can't fix stupid and I'll bet he's feeling mighty stupid today.

Quote:
Last I checked the sheriff's Facebook page is personal and not part of the sheriff's office. Anyone has the right to express personal opinions but then I guess you don't believe in the first amendment.

The first amendment doesn't have jack to do with Facebook.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:

Facebook is far from personal, the internet in many cases is not personal, this is not a private message if it was he shouldn't have posted.

There are not millions of people that share the sheriff's opinion? I would say it's more like 10.

Do you think that people in law enforcement that believe in theories like that are fit to handle this situation.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I wonder if those theories have changed OR if he thinks what happened in his own town is just . . part of the plan to take guns away.

Well. You can't fix stupid and I'll bet he's feeling mighty stupid today.

The first amendment doesn't have jack to do with Facebook.
That was my point, is this now part of a government conspiracy.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Facebook is far from personal, the internet in many cases is not personal, this is not a private message if it was he shouldn't have posted.

There are not millions of people that share the sheriff's opinion? I would say it's more like 10.

Do you think that people in law enforcement that believe in theories like that are fit to handle this situation.
No. I think he should recuse himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies