Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:55 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,970,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
But not Politics and Other Conspiracies.

Know the difference… look up Occam's Razor for a start.

A conspiracy is a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful. This happens all the time. The term "conspiracy theory" is a valid term used to describe the 9/11 attacks so I have no problem with it.

Try watching the documentary and you might find the information worth watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
And we should never assume we are always told the truth.

Here is a documentary from a group of more than 2,348 professional architects and engineers and more than 20,000 other petition signatories for a new investigation of the events on 9/11.

Watch the 1 hour video and tell us what you think of the documentary and of what really happened on 9/11. These documentary proves that what we were told is anything but the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=Ddz2mw2vaEg

I will watch this.... in the mean time, try watching....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_fp5kaVYhk

Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
I bet you went to a government propaganda DEBUNK site to cut and paste that ... all lies!
Neutron don.

What sort of medication are you on?

Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,866,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Neutron don.

That's what I was wondering.

He acts like he just found out what most people have known for quite a while now.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 10-05-2015 at 06:11 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Neutron don.

Vitamin D

Old 10-06-2015, 12:33 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
More comedy gold Don.....Thank you for tonight's entertainment.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:35 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
I make sure to schedule my check up with my dentist on 9-11. That way I'll never forget.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:21 AM

I didn't even realize there is a Pilots for 9/11 Truth organization.

Here is their initial message:

Pilots for 9/11 Truth is an organization of aviation professionals and pilots throughout the globe who have gathered together for one purpose. We are committed to seeking the truth surrounding the events of the 11th of September 2001. Our main focus concentrates on the four flights, maneuvers performed and the reported pilots. We do not offer theory or point blame at this point in time. However, we are focused on determining the truth of that fateful day based on solid data and facts -- since 9/11/2001 is the catalyst for many of the events shaping our world today -- and the United States Government does not seem to be very forthcoming with answers or facts.

We do not accept the 9/11 Commission Report -- a Commission admittedly "set up to fail" according to the Chairman himself, nor "hypothesis" as a satisfactory explanation for the continued gross violation(s) of the United States Constitution being committed by Government agencies, and the sacrifice every American has made and continue to make -- some more than others.

We stand with the numerous other growing organizations of Firefighters, Medical Professionals, Lawyers, Scholars, Military Officers, Veterans, Religious and Political Leaders, along side Survivors, family members of the victims -- family members of soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice -- including the many Ground Zero workers who are now ill or have passed away, when we ask for a true, new independent investigation into the events of 9/11.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:34 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
I didn't even realize there is a Pilots for 9/11 Truth organization.

Here is their initial message:

Pilots for 9/11 Truth is an organization of aviation professionals and pilots throughout the globe who have gathered together for one purpose. We are committed to seeking the truth surrounding the events of the 11th of September 2001. Our main focus concentrates on the four flights, maneuvers performed and the reported pilots. We do not offer theory or point blame at this point in time. However, we are focused on determining the truth of that fateful day based on solid data and facts -- since 9/11/2001 is the catalyst for many of the events shaping our world today -- and the United States Government does not seem to be very forthcoming with answers or facts.

We do not accept the 9/11 Commission Report -- a Commission admittedly "set up to fail" according to the Chairman himself, nor "hypothesis" as a satisfactory explanation for the continued gross violation(s) of the United States Constitution being committed by Government agencies, and the sacrifice every American has made and continue to make -- some more than others.

We stand with the numerous other growing organizations of Firefighters, Medical Professionals, Lawyers, Scholars, Military Officers, Veterans, Religious and Political Leaders, along side Survivors, family members of the victims -- family members of soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice -- including the many Ground Zero workers who are now ill or have passed away, when we ask for a true, new independent investigation into the events of 9/11.
and if they start off with a lie, how are you to trust that they are even who they say they are

Quote:
Quote:
Solomon: Do you consider the 9/11 Commission to have been a success, and if so, under what ways do you measure that success? How do you call it a success?

Hamilton: The 9/11 Commission was created by statute. We had two responsibilities - first, tell the story of 9/11; I think we've done that reasonably well. We worked very hard at it; I don’t know that we’ve told the definitive story of 9/11, but surely anybody in the future who tackles that job will begin with the 9/11 Commission Report. I think we’ve been reasonably successful in telling the story. It became a best seller in this country and people showed a lot of interest in it.

Our second task was to make recommendations; thus far, about half of our recommendations have been enacted into law, the other half have not been enacted. So we've got a ways to go. In a quantitative sense, we’ve had about 50% success there. In a qualitative sense, you could judge it many different ways. But we still have some very important recommendations that we think have not yet been enacted that should be.

Hamilton:
When you conduct a major investigation, you cannot possibly answer every question, you just do the best you can. But for every question you leave unanswered, you create an opening to a conspiracy theory, and a good many of them have popped up here.

The only thing I ask in the future is that the conspiracy theory people do not apply a double standard. That is to say, they want us to make an airtight case for any assertion we make. On the other hand, when they make an assertion they do it often on very flimsy evidence.

But conspirators are always going to exist in this country. Tom Kean and I got a flavour of this everytime we'd walk through an audience - they would hand us notes, hand us papers, hand us books, hand us tapes, telling us to investigate this, that or the other. You cannot possibly answer all these questions, you just do the best you can.
Quote:
"Both of us were aware of grumbling around Washington that the 9/11 Commission was doomed--if not designed--to fail: the commission would splinter down partisan lines; lose its credibility by leaking classified information; be denied the necessary access to do its job; or alienate the 9/11 families who had fought on behalf of its creation."

But read the rest of that paragraph:

Quote:
"What we could not have anticipated were the remarkable people and circumstances that would coalesce within and around the 9/11 Commission over the coming twenty months to enable our success."

Old 10-06-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and if they start off with a lie, how are you to trust that they are even who they say they are

But read the rest of that paragraph:
Your grabbing at straws ... and your wrong as usual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies