Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 01:01 AM

934 posts, read 596,824 times

Advertisements

If guns dont kill people and people kill people fhen fhaf applies to killings in self defense

A gun or shall I say an inanimate object doesnt protect you, you protect yourself. Guns dont protect people, people protect people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 02:43 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,819,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
If guns dont kill people and people kill people fhen fhaf applies to killings in self defense

A gun or shall I say an inanimate object doesnt protect you, you protect yourself. Guns dont protect people, people protect people

That semi-coherent statement is true.
People really are responsible for protecting themselves.
Most people need tools for that purpose.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,323,452 times
Yes, I think most will agree with it. You protect yourself with what you find to be the most efficient tool.

Just like a hammer never built a house on its own.

So I guess that's that for this topic.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:07 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,006,516 times
When you are in a position of life or death I suspect you will pull the trigger that is if you have personal protection? I ain't talking about Trojan brand either...but be sure to shoot to kill because if they are armed they will kill you!

Old 10-04-2015, 04:25 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,262,287 times
Quote:

And?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,085,360 times
Quote:

What's "fhen fhaf"?

Old 10-04-2015, 05:30 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,137,224 times
A gun is a tool. For every psychopath that goes on a rampage there are thousands of law abiding gun owners.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:27 AM

8,108 posts, read 12,840,475 times
Quote:

People protect themselves. Often times they have a tool like a firearm or baseball bat to assist in the task.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:13 AM

23,613 posts, read 17,300,294 times
[quote=blind melon;41434474]If guns dont kill people and people kill people fhen fhaf applies to killings in self defense

This is a debate of word usage, poetic license and common sense. Political factions, populated by wordsmithing lawyers and media use sentence construction to imply positive or negative feelings depending on their political agenda.

A gun being an inanimate object, doesnt protect you, you protect yourself using a gun. That is the proper wording and logic as the real wordl understands it.

If you take those words literally, it maybe be arguably true if certain word use assumptions are made. Even so, it would be a fail linguistically and logically. It is however, useful if you have an anitgun agenda and wish to sublimate guns negatively.

Writers shortcircuit the step by step because it is common knowledge that somone had to have a gun and pull the trigger.

In everyday language a headline may read, 'gun kills baby', but in reality we know the gun had to be retrieved, loaded, aimed and the trigger mechanism activated.

Same story when a gun is used for protection. Headline, "gun used to thwart robbers"

If you like to play with words and sentence structure you might be a writer, lawyer or politician. Marketing and PR jobs abound. In 2008, all dem front runners for prez and their wives were lawyers, except for Biden's wife. So when a lawyer tells you, 'you can keep your doctor. PERIOD!" you have no idea what he really meant.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:27 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,061,540 times
Quote:

You anti-gun folks are becoming more and more unhinged and confusing by the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies