Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 01:55 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,587,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Yes, this is always the big black hole these discussions go down. You make the suggestion to strengthen background checks and plug loopholes, and all they do is provide anecdotal "evidence" that it wouldn't have prevented the latest shooting, so we're supposed to just forget it then. What's systematically ignored is that nothing is going to prevent every instance of gun violence. But you've got to make an effort to prevent some of them. Unfortunately, anything and everything is always taken off the table by the paranoid, screaming zealots. What boggles my mind is that such a small minority continues to hold its hands around the throats of all Americans.

Maybe an education should be first on your mind, and you could express your view without making false statements. The "Majority" of all the Citizens in the US are not in favor of Gun Control. There was an article today, that States the number of people that used to be for Gun Control has declined drastically, according to a study and Poll, by the Pew Research Center, and will keep declining. You folks are now the "Small Minority" trying to get their hands around the Throat of the rest of America, and failing miserably.

Every Gun Owner that believes in Freedom, and Individual Rights, should take this opportunity to jump into the fight now, more than ever, and get back what is rightfully ours. We should also fight to repeal a lot of the Bans that have been placed on us by people that don't know the difference between one gun or the other, and have only two categories. "Hunting Guns" and "Scary Looking Guns."

Take a good look at the Candidates running for President, or any office, and see what their stance is on Guns, along with the other important issues and vote accordingly. You can see what Damage tha Obama has done, and still is trying to do, so don't let this happen again. If you don't know, look at the NRA Ratings for these people. Your answer will be there. Its your future, not just theirs that counts.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you for getting my point. People are getting tired and frustrated in their attempts to even discuss, much less pass, the most minor regulations on firearms in this country. And on the flipside, the NRA's response is to further unravel regulations that were already in place. Push people to the point where they feel like they're negotiating with terrorists, and that's the reaction they will get: You don't negotiate with terrorists. You just say enough is enough.

If there is ever a law put on the books to ban guns entirely, it will be because the gun lobby refuses to consider even the most minor compromises to appease the growing number of people who are fed up with inaction on gun violence. And if/when that happens, I'm not going to feel the least bit sorry for them.
Not half as tired as we are of the nitwits trying to ban Guns because of their appearance. Who even wants to sit down and talk to anyone with that mentality. Not me, that's for sure, and no one I know of. The response of the NRA is perfect. Don't give an inch, because they will take a mile. WE all know that from past dealings with Gun Control Freaks. They are like Terrorists. You can't trust them, and they are trying to take away your rights, because they have a certain opinion. They claim they have the answers, but all they do is try to disarm the Law Abiding Public, because "Laws" do not work for Criminals. That's why they are called Criminals. There can be no "Common Sense" Laws from people that have no Common Sense. That's a fact.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:09 PM

7,331 posts, read 6,957,449 times
Why am I not getting any response after recommending that laws be changed to require the removal of plea bargaining and sentencing regardless of age, mental capacity , or any of the other usual excuses ?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:10 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,036,204 times
What false statements?

And let's face it. Restricting the blind from owning guns is gun control. Keeping guns out of the hands of felons is gun control. Keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally retarded is gun control. Not allowing gun vending machines on every street corner... is gun control.

Gun control means more than just black-and-white prohibition. While there ARE some people who do favor complete prohibition. They're in the slimmest minority. Just like the "guns for everyone -- felons, whackjobs, the blind, toddlers, anyone who wants them" crowd exists. But they're an even SLIMMER minority.

We're going to have some gun control. Deal with that or move to a lawless country.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
And to the crowd that devolves into personal attacks on anyone you disagree with, keep talking guys. The more crazy and offensive your pro-gun rants, the more people like me become convinced there is simply no reasoning with you people and all guns should just be banned. They call that a self-fulfilling prophecy and you've got no one but yourselves to blame.
I would not hold my breath until that day comes. Keep posting your opinions. Love reading them, because it tells us a lot about how informed anti-gun folks are.

What do you think of banning "Scary Looking Guns?" Is that Crazy enough for you? It is for me.

Banning a gun because it has a compensator? Do you even know what one is? That's going to save a life?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:15 PM

9,146 posts, read 5,825,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
NO ONE who studies this issue believes that crime rates, including murder rates, have gone down due to increased gun sales. But gun sellers don't bother to correct the false correlation. Follow the money.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post

We're going to have some gun control. Deal with that or move to a lawless country.

We already have Laws on the Books for Gun Control, or didn't you know that? If they aren't sufficient for you, move to another Country that has the Laws you want.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,246,270 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, anything and everything is always taken off the table by the paranoid, screaming zealots. What boggles my mind is that such a small minority continues to hold its hands around the throats of all Americans.

It's Liberals who are the paranoid screamers. Bunch of yammering Hoplophobes.

And fully 1 in 3 Americans owns a gun. That's hardly a "small minority".

One in Three Americans Own Guns; Culture a Factor, Study Finds - NBC News

Old 10-07-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I AM a gun owner.
And?

Owning a Gun doesn't make you Pro Gun. Just makes you another Anti-Gun activist that owns a gun. Doesn't make you automatically credible either.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:24 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,342,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Peace exists among the super powers because they have the same capacity for war.
When was the last time you read a newspaper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies