Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 10:25 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
See, this is an example of anti-political correctness derailing an issue.

See, pork was really removed from the menu due to costs. The fact that some religions made insane rules regarding it's consumption was really more of a coincidence. But all it took was some Muslims to say 'hey, cool! good for us!' and then the collective IQ of this discussion dropped from normal to 4 because suddenly, we're submitting to Islam. Anyone who looked into this knows that's not what happened. But stupidity does not rest.

Frankly, I don't give a ****. I mean, why would I? Even if I went to prison, I have neither a need or an issue against pork, so it really doesn't effect me at all. Nor does it effect anyone else, except for all of our tax dollars just slightly, now that the pork industry has gotten pork back into the system with the help of the anti-Muslim group disguised as a pro-free speech group.

But whatever. In other news, America is still a messed up society, brainwashing us into thinking we live in a free, capitalist utopia. But that won't be on the news. Someone said gays are bad on TV and we need to talk about that for the next two weeks.
How stupid can people be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 12:28 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
See, pork was really removed from the menu due to costs.
Presumably they are being fed beef also? Have you seen the cost of beef lately?

Old 10-17-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
How stupid can people be?
Stupid enough to not consider if the excuse given is correct. According to the USDA the average cost of ground beef is more than chops.

http://www.ers.usda.gov/datafiles/Me...ads/sumtab.xls

Old 10-17-2015, 12:40 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
Quote:

See, pork was really removed from the menu due to costs. The fact that some religions made insane rules regarding it's consumption was really more of a coincidence. But all it took was some Muslims to say 'hey, cool! good for us!' and then the collective IQ of this discussion dropped from normal to 4 because suddenly, we're submitting to Islam. Anyone who looked into this knows that's not what happened. But stupidity does not rest.

Frankly, I don't give a ****. I mean, why would I? Even if I went to prison, I have neither a need or an issue against pork, so it really doesn't effect me at all. Nor does it effect anyone else, except for all of our tax dollars just slightly, now that the pork industry has gotten pork back into the system with the help of the anti-Muslim group disguised as a pro-free speech group.

But whatever. In other news, America is still a messed up society, brainwashing us into thinking we live in a free, capitalist utopia. But that won't be on the news. Someone said gays are bad on TV and we need to talk about that for the next two weeks.
What did you expect though when you have people with an IQ of 40 listening to AM radio?

Old 10-17-2015, 03:40 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Stupid enough to not consider if the excuse given is correct. According to the USDA the average cost of ground beef is more than chops.

Jesus, at least have the dignity to call me stupid to my face, you coward.

I'm gonna stick to my main point of why this is even a controversy. Regardless of why pork was banned, the reason it came back it laughably stupid. Basically, bureaucrats argued about money and the side that won out was the side that had a crowd of people who hate the idea of Muslims getting 'preferential treatment' which given we're talking about prison food is completely insane.

And hell, if eliminating beef is cheaper, then do that. I don't really care. I personally think prisoners should be fed, but as long as nutritional needs are satisfied, and the food is reasonably presentable, I don't care what it is.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:04 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Just saw the blurb. I wonder how the questions about the "survey" and costs (pork being more expensive) get answered. My guess is they won't.

El Nox
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Pork being more expensive than what? I buy a whole pork loin for $1.95/lb. What's cheaper, except chicken?
My apologies for not being clear which I think confused you and possibly others. When the decision maker idiots decided to pull pork from the menu, they used as reasons A. a survey of the thugs that said they didn't like pork and B. The cost of pork was too high. After their idiotic decision was made public and went viral, they backed off. What I was getting at is that questions about why they started this crap will NEVER get public answers although the answers are patently obvious to even the most casual observer.

BTW ... I buy those also and have the store slice them into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cuts. Best boneless pork chops you can get.

El Nox

Old 10-17-2015, 09:11 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Weird that this is even really a thing? I guess it's been a very slow newsday huh? Funny though i always thought righties were the one's stating that we should be giving prisoners gruel three times a day and if they are lucky maybe a stale piece of bread.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Funny though i always thought righties were the one's stating that we should be giving prisoners gruel three times a day and if they are lucky maybe a stale piece of bread.
They should be fed a reasonable meal that meets whatever nutritional guidelines are in place and should be as cheap as possible. That doesn't mean you serve them chicken everyday either. An alternative of "gruel and stale piece" of bread if that is not acceptable. If pork is on the menu then pork it is....

What I suspect is prison officials want to eliminate the pork to eliminate the problems of providing separate meals, if there is any expense that is where it lies. It would be very difficult for them to justify eliminating it because of the preparation expense, the cost of pork is just a convenient excuse but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny if they are serving them any beef.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:

See, pork was really removed from the menu due to costs.
Pork in my area at my local market is $1.95/lb., and that's for a whole (boneless) pork loin! How can cost be a factor? Have you seen beef prices? Through the roof! Only chicken is cheaper than pork.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

WAY more! Even cheap ground beef is more costly than pork loin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies