Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 01:01 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Please show me that proof.

Unspinning the Planned Parenthood Video

How Planned Parenthood hoax avoids the truth - CNN.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/22/op...hood.html?_r=1

Was anyone from PP charged with any criminal activity surrounding this?

Again, if you don't like the laws, work to get them changed. The fact is that Planned Parenthood has not been shown to have participated in any criminal actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 01:02 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,209,674 times
It won't stick. It is a clear violation of the federal medicaid laws which require that patients be allowed to see any willing provider. The penalty for non-compliance is that Texas will lose federal funding for its Medicaid program. I doubt they care in that state though if millions go without. What a disgrace. Texas is a wealthy, thriving state that acts like a backwater Bible-belt throwback.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:06 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well would it make you happy if Planned Parenthood started denying women for cancer screening and other forms of health care to just preform abortions without federal money? I am sure you would still want them closed down.

You hate Planned Parenthood just because, it is that simple. Taxpayer money is not being used to fund abortions no matter how you try to spin it.
Until you can logically explain away the fact that the government funds PP therby freeing up money in their budget for abortions no, you cannot spin it. And by the way, I do not have to "justify" my hatred of PP. They plop themselves in minority neighborhoods, carrying out Margaret Sanger's eugenic dreams. How ironic that the liberal Left who cast themselves as the champions of minorities are active in keeping their numbers down. Purposely.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Until you can logically explain away the fact that the government funds PP therby freeing up money in their budget for abortions no, you cannot spin it. And by the way, I do not have to "justify" my hatred of PP. They plop themselves in minority neighborhoods, carrying out Margaret Sanger's eugenic dreams. How ironic that the liberal Left who cast themselves as the champions of minorities are active in keeping their numbers down. Purposely.
If I give you $20 dollars to buy you groceries, and you buy groceries with that $20 and then use your own money to buy yourself beer explain to me how I just bought you beer? The receipt you give to me doesn't say any of my money went to beer. What Planned Parenthood does with their own money is none of your business because it is NOT YOUR MONEY.

You hate Planned Parenthood just because, it is that simple.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Well would it make you happy if Planned Parenthood started denying women for cancer screening and other forms of health care to just preform abortions without federal money? I am sure you would still want them closed down.

You hate Planned Parenthood just because, it is that simple. Taxpayer money is not being used to fund abortions no matter how you try to spin it.

The cost for an abortion for a patient ranges between $200-1500.
Why does it matter what an abortion costs?

Old 10-20-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Why does it matter what an abortion costs?
Well you wondered how women were paying for abortions, well now you know the cost of them range between $200-1500, typically though the average cost is around $400. That is the price one has to pay to get an abortion.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
If I give you $20 dollars to buy you groceries, and you buy groceries with that $20 and then use your own money to buy yourself beer explain to me how I just bought you beer? The receipt you give to me doesn't say any of my money went to beer. What Planned Parenthood does with their own money is none of your business because it is NOT YOUR MONEY.

You hate Planned Parenthood just because, it is that simple.
Money is fungible. Anyone over the age of ten can understand this in practice. Planned Parenthood is funded by the government and they use that funding to provide abortions. Economics really are not hard to understand unless someone is trying to be obtuse. And the money that the government gives to PP is my money and every other taxpayers money and when the recipient of that money lies to receive it it is our business.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Well you wondered how women were paying for abortions, well now you know the cost of them range between $200-1500, typically though the average cost is around $400. That is the price one has to pay to get an abortion.
The aforementioned poor, I can't afford a car or taxi to get to a regular doctor or clinic women can afford $200-$1500?

Old 10-20-2015, 01:21 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,570,916 times

Old 10-20-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Money is fungible. Anyone over the age of ten can understand this in practice. Planned Parenthood is funded by the government and they use that funding to provide abortions. Economics really are not hard to understand unless someone is trying to be obtuse. And the money that the government gives to PP is my money and every other taxpayers money and when the recipient of that money lies to receive it it is our business.
No they do not, that money goes to programs that are federally funded like cancer screenings and birth control. Your money does not go to fund abortions. You hate Planned Parenthood just because and keep looking for fictional reasons to justify your hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies