Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 09:38 AM

756 posts, read 425,081 times

Advertisements

We have what increasing looks like two horrid choices for POTUS, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump.
If the election were held tomorrow and I had to hold my nose and pick one of them, it'd be Hillary because
as odious as she is, I think Trump has no business at all being up there.
It's amazing that people think Clinton looked "presidential" in yesterday's testimony by lying and acting bemused and if she shouldn't be bothered.
People will root for their side no matter who the clown is so long as the other side is losing.
This is the reason why an outsider like Trump is gaining traction. However, I don't think he has a CLUE what to do if he gets in and this is entirely an exercise in ego gratification for an egomaniac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
so if the election came down to clinton and trump, you would vote for hillary even though she is a known liar, and really doesnt give a damn about the american people, only her own gratification, and her own power base? as opposed to someone that you think doesnt have a clue about what to do, despite having been a businessman for what thirty years? someone who has had to run a large company, make a payroll, make a budget, and deal with people?

Old 10-23-2015, 09:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so if the election came down to clinton and trump, you would vote for hillary even though she is a known liar, and really doesnt give a damn about the american people, only her own gratification, and her own power base? as opposed to someone that you think doesnt have a clue about what to do, despite having been a businessman for what thirty years? someone who has had to run a large company, make a payroll, make a budget, and deal with people?
I would stay home.

[]

Old 10-23-2015, 10:19 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
We have what increasing looks like two horrid choices for POTUS, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump.
If the election were held tomorrow and I had to hold my nose and pick one of them, it'd be Hillary because
It's amazing that people think Clinton looked "presidential" in yesterday's testimony by lying and acting bemused and if she shouldn't be bothered.
People will root for their side no matter who the clown is so long as the other side is losing.
This is the reason why an outsider like Trump is gaining traction. However, I don't think he has a CLUE what to do if he gets in and this is entirely an exercise in ego gratification for an egomaniac.
A vote for Hilary is a guarantee of an even more divided government. There is no way she will work with Republicans. It will be another 4-8 years of a president who refuses to compromise and will fudge the truth to protect their image. More of the same crap, probably worse. At least Trump doesn't give a rip about protecting a political image. If he surrounded himself with strong advisers, he may not be a disaster after all.

I do wish he would drop out though because a Trump nomination is pretty much handing the victory to Hilary. She's a pro at deflecting grilling so any Trump vs Hilary debate will even be a tie or her winning.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:22 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Just more Trump bashing. If he can run several businesses I am sure he can run this country.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
I continue to hold with the position Trump will not get the GOP nomination.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I continue to hold with the position Trump will not get the GOP nomination.
I agree. And more's the pity. I so want to see him attempt to debate Hillary. What fun that would be.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking oh - kaaaay...

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:39 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
You'd have to be a complete to vote for either Hillary or Trump. They are two of the most crooked, two-faced, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, narcissistic monsters this country has ever barfed out. Even Obama looks good by comparison.

Ya know, it's sad... I watched a couple of speeches by Vladimir Putin the other day and I found myself wondering: "why don't we have a leader like that in America?"

Of course Vladdy is two-faced as well, but at least he comes off as level-headed, intelligent, strong (but not overbearing), moral and isn't an embarrassment to his country.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-23-2015 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: language

Old 10-23-2015, 10:43 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You'd have to be a complete to vote for either Hillary or Trump. They are two of the most crooked, two-faced, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, narcissistic monsters this country has ever barfed out. Even Obama looks good by comparison.

Ya know, it's sad... I watched a couple of speeches by Vladimir Putin the other day and I found myself wondering: "why don't we have a leader like that in America?"

Of course Vladdy is two-faced as well, but at least he comes off as level-headed, intelligent, strong (but not overbearing), moral and isn't an embarrassment to his country.
What's sad and embarrassing is that you admire a dictator and wish that we had one.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-23-2015 at 11:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies