Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:15 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Your post was just the typical knee-jerk leftist blathering about the Tea Party. Blah, blah, blah.

Also, your disappointment or approval is of no interest or concern to me.

Must be of some concern, since it prompted a reply...

You folks are just mad because there is nothing the Teas can do to change anything. They ran out of stuff accomplished by other folks that they can take credit for

Old 10-26-2015, 01:20 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I have to tip my hat to the tea baggers and their overlords. They and the republicans in general have been focusing on state control while democrats have been focusing nationally. The state strategy is paying in spades since republicans Gerry mandered the hell of their respective states after the 2010 census and hold widespread state control.

The problem is how they keep reaching further to the right which is tanking their support. Donald trump and Ben Carson are gifts to the Democratic Party in a national election. I got my popcorn watching this.
I think Trump and to a much lesser extent Carson are gifts to the Republican Party, its nice to have a potential candidate(s) that doesn't reference every statement with a bible verse or even worse from the T party handbook. Where is it written that you can't be a liberal republican or for that matter a conservative democrat? Must the extremes at both ends always be in charge....

Old 10-26-2015, 01:22 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
As for womens rights.... I've been to numerous TP events.
I have a fried that a die hard Republican , and he went to one Tea Party Gathering. He was asked "Did you bring a Gun?" He said the people there where Nuts, and he had some Skinheads sit next to him. He got up and left. Where there any at the meetings you went to ? They seem to draw that kind of crowd.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:26 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Eventually, people expect results from their elected leaders. It will be interesting to see what will happen with a party that tries everything in their power to prevent results from happening.
The Tea Party doesn't run the Republican Party. Squishy, unprincipled, RINOs run the Republican Party.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I have a fried that a die hard Republican , and he went to one Tea Party Gathering. He was asked "Did you bring a Gun?" He said the people there where Nuts, and he had some Skinheads sit next to him. He got up and left. Where there any at the meetings you went to ? They seem to draw that kind of crowd.
That's funny... and not creditable. I've never seen a single skinhead at any Tea Party event. Nor have I ever heard anyone being asked if they brought a gun.

Maybe your friend just makes stuff up.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I think Trump and to a much lesser extent Carson are gifts to the Republican Party, its nice to have a potential candidate(s) that doesn't reference every statement with a bible verse or even worse from the T party handbook. Where is it written that you can't be a liberal republican or for that matter a conservative democrat? Must the extremes at both ends always be in charge....
Anyone pegged as a Conservative/Moderate Democrat has effectively been purged from the Democratic Party by the kooks that now run the party. When was the last time you heard the term "Blue Dog Democrat" in reference to ANY Democrat now in congress?

On the other hand, there are droves of Liberal Republicans in congress.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:33 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Congress overall is at a 12.6% approval rating so in that context they are doing pretty well.
Neither of them are doing as good as the Democrats. On pollingreport.com Democrats are at 35% and Republicans are at 24%
Congress: Democrats
Congress: Republicans

At pewresearch.org Democrats are at 48% and Republicans are at 32%
Republican Party Favorability | Pew Research Center

Old 10-26-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Tea Bags at the rallies starting in 2010 were always against Obamacare because it is a government program. Yet, they kept reinforcing not to touch their Medicare. A paradox of angry people.
You're making an invalid comparison. People don't want Medicare simply trashed because they've been FORCED to pay into it for decades. They simply want their money back. Settle that account and most Conservatives would be happy to get rid of it.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Quote:
Anyone pegged as a Conservative/Moderate Democrat has effectively been purged from the Democratic Party by the kooks that now run the party. When was the last time you heard the term "Blue Dog Democrat" in reference to ANY Democrat now in congress?

On the other hand, there are droves of Liberal Republicans in congress.

Blue Dog Democrats were given the modifier "Blue Dog" because they were unlike most Democrats. It was the Blue Dog Democrats that voted against the 1964 Civil Rights act. So that kind of gives the lie to the claim that Democrats were against civil rights

In fact, in 1948, when a Blue Dog Democrat decided top run for President on a platform of segregation he didn't run as Democrat but instead created a third party because he knew the Democrats would never accept his platform. This Blue Dog Democrat, Strom Thurmond, became a hero to the Republicans

Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
I have been to many Tea Party events. Not once was abortion or being gay ever mentioned.

You are mistaking the rally with the politicians. Many "tea party" favorites are against a woman's right to chose over what is done with their body and denying gay rights such as marriage. The intersection between Tea Partiers and religious conservatives are rather big. 39% call themselves evangelical and 38% attend religious services weekly. Most religions are against abortion and gay marriage so its easy doing the math. Tea Party Supporters: Who They Are and What They Believe - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies