Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 04:43 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times

Advertisements

Apparently this girl was being arrested for not leaving class.

WATCH: S. Carolina cop brutally throws high school girl to the ground for ‘not leaving class’

I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked on this story, but certainly not the brutality I saw in this video. And the teacher just stood by and watched it all. I don't care if this kid was being uncooperative, there was no call for the actions of this cop. Unbelievable.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:24 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Apparently this girl was being arrested for not leaving class.

WATCH: S. Carolina cop brutally throws high school girl to the ground for ‘not leaving class’

I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked on this story, but certainly not the brutality I saw in this video. And the teacher just stood by and watched it all. I don't care if this kid was being uncooperative, there was no call for the actions of this cop. Unbelievable.
Well talking wasn't working. What exactly did you think was going to happen next? Nor have we seen what happened prior. There is not sufficient information to form any sort of opinion at all.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,799,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well talking wasn't working. What exactly did you think was going to happen next? Nor have we seen what happened prior. There is not sufficient information to form any sort of opinion at all.
The timing here is suspect. Why is it every time BLM start calling for cops to be shot, these "cops are so brutal" threads start up?

Every violent criminal or interdiction can be spun sideways and made to look how the so-called "victims" wish it to look by editing in only what they want people to see.

You know what amazes me is that the op is on pace to post nearly 8000 times in the first year. It was just a few weeks ago that he was the newest uber-liberal here.

Go get em JAMS

Old 10-26-2015, 06:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,402,887 times
Default Beyond appalling

This beautiful young girl obviously has some problems at home. Her parents failed her in some way. Centuries of racism have negatively impacted her in a major way. She needs help, love, attention, care, guidance. She could easily become a doctor or lawyer, if her needs are addressed properly. If she was being disruptive to the class, the teacher should've notified someone in her family, who had the power to make her comply and leave the classroom. Stripping her of her dignity like this, embarrassing her in front of her classmates, brutally battering the poor girl in that manner, was completely unnecessary and barbaric. IMO, it only makes matters worse for her, further aggravates and intensifies the dysfunction that she is struggling with. This was completely mishandled, and it is absolutely shameful.

This beautiful young girl is screaming for help, not challenging to be abused, beaten, and ridiculed in front of her classmates. This disgusts me. The cop should be fired and charged, since he exceeded the scope of his authority and exercised poor judgment. He appears to have serious problems as well, and obviously needs professional help. The policies of the school need review, since this poor girl's call for help was mistakenly interpreted as a challenge requiring physical abuse by law enforcement and ridicule.

The damage done to her is likely irreparable. I hope she sues, and recovers $50 million+.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:05 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,252,553 times
Pay higher wages to cops demand psychological training and then hold them to a higher standard.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I don't think there can be any justification for the way the threw her to the floor and then dragged her across the room. Sorry, but that kind of brutality from a cop to a high school student is unacceptable, especially since she wasn't behaving in any way that was threatening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h
You know what amazes me is that the op is on pace to post nearly 8000 times in the first year. It was just a few weeks ago that he was the newest uber-liberal here.
Five months is a bit more than a few weeks. And as far as your post estimates, you should go back and check your work. I take it math isn't your strong suit, huh?

And "he" is a "she".

Old 10-26-2015, 07:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This beautiful young girl obviously has some problems at home. Her parents failed her in some way. Centuries of racism have negatively impacted her in a major way. She needs help, love, attention, care, guidance. She could easily become a doctor or lawyer, if her needs are addressed properly. If she was being disruptive to the class, the teacher should've notified someone in her family, who had the power to make her comply and leave the classroom. Stripping her of her dignity like this, embarrassing her in front of her classmates, brutally battering the poor girl in that manner, was completely unnecessary and barbaric. IMO, it only makes matters worse for her, further aggravates and intensifies the dysfunction that she is struggling with. This was completely mishandled, and it is absolutely shameful.

This beautiful young girl is screaming for help, not challenging to be abused, beaten, and ridiculed in front of her classmates. This disgusts me. The cop should be fired and charged, since he exceeded the scope of his authority and exercised poor judgment. He appears to have serious problems as well, and obviously needs professional help. The policies of the school need review, since this poor girl's call for help was mistakenly interpreted as a challenge requiring physical abuse by law enforcement and ridicule.

The damage done to her is likely irreparable. I hope she sues, and recovers $50 million+.
You are beyond naive. He took a hood rat down.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:24 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
the cop went nuts -but I have to ask why be so defiant- why? If people tell you to leave why not? some of these cases there is this "I AM NOT moving -I am not listening -talk to the hand - I don't hear you attitude, why ? -- and honestly and I don't get it? Someone who understand the "why" with out the stupid remarks -- why do the people freeze up? is it fear? anyone understand it- it's creating a really huge problem for all concerned.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:25 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
[quote=T-310;41701123]You are beyond naive. He took a hood rat down.[/quote no better by name calling you 15?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the cop went nuts -but I have to ask why be so defiant- why? If people tell you to leave why not? some of these cases there is this "I AM NOT moving -I am not listening -talk to the hand - I don't hear you attitude, why ? -- and honestly and I don't get it? Someone who understand the "why" with out the stupid remarks -- why do the people freeze up? is it fear? anyone understand it- it's creating a really huge problem for all concerned.
I take it you've never raised a teenager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies