Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOP Debate: Who was the night's biggest loser? Who will tank most in the polls?
Kasich 14 10.29%
Bush 67 49.26%
Huckabee 6 4.41%
Rubio 6 4.41%
Trump 11 8.09%
Carson 1 0.74%
Fiorina 6 4.41%
Cruz 9 6.62%
Christie 5 3.68%
Paul 11 8.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:26 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I was beautiful to see. They had there asses handed to them! LOL I was loving it. Not only that, but they showed the RNC what a real Republican is (except for Mr. Pouty Face, Jeb Bush).

Cruz, Rubio, and Trump tore them a new one, and Carly Fiorina didn't do to badly either.

I Approve this post Above.

You expressed the total truth. I tweeted verbatim the same points last night.

Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 12:29 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
When Trump right after the debate said polls show he won the debate I was skeptical. Today I am finding that he was right, and it is not just the Drudge Report. Time, Slate and even CNBC itself are saying he won. Honestly, I didn’t see it. I don’t think anybody won although the media loves to say Trump lost big.

Online polls: Trump won third GOP debate | TheHill
1. They are online polls, which are incredibly unscientific. You can't use them seriously. Where there any formal poll results released? I mean he really could have won last night but those wouldn't be the polls to show it.

2. When you have the kid of debate where no one stands out you will get poll results that largely reflects the most popular candidate going in, since people always tend to say their favorite won unless a rival makes a really strong showing.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:30 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Trump truly believes he wins at all things even if he doesn't show up (aka debates). He is delusional.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
unless there's a real stand out, by default, leader of the pack wins. Trump is the best chance to beat Hillary.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:31 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
What the H___ are you talking about, Lady??

Limbaugh is giving the assessment of facts regarding that Hack/Attack Garbage Moderated Debate !!

The fact is if the candidates can't stand up to some questioning by reporters, biased or not, they will never be capable of doing a good job as POTUS where actual problems arise. I guess that's a bit too evident for Limbore to admit.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:32 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If the moderators try it in the next debate I hope they all walk out in protest of media bias. That would really get the point across and require media to change. To stand there for two hours and have them making money off you and disrespect you at the same time is ridicules. We can watch reruns of Maury Povich if we want that.
The only result of that action would be to further identify the so-called "mainstream" media as the elitist demagogues they are.

Personally, as a conservative exposed to the deeper thinking of Buckley, Will, Kirkpatrick, et al at an earlier age, I've never admired Limbaugh all that much. His simplistic answers tend to draw out the uglier side of conservatism's "back benchers", who then allow the entire movement to be attacked in the Great "Progressive" Kindergarten.

But the immediate use of several insults in this thread, created from nothing more than the man's name, clearly identifies the intellectual little-leaguers here, who are well-conditioned toward allowing someone else to do their thinking for them.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-29-2015 at 01:12 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Federal taxes run at about 18% of GDP. The issue is how that is split up. If you reduce taxes on higher incomes then you have to increase it on lower incomes.
You're not going to get near 15% of GDP with a 15% flat income tax. Much of GDP is reinvested into capital assets by businesses seeking to further grow.

Median household income in 2013 was $52,250. There were approximately 115,610,216 households at that time. Total earnings were thus ~$6,040,633,786,000. That's less than half of 2013 GDP. If you want income taxes to reach 15% of GDP at a flat rate, that flat rate will need to be 35-40%.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:34 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think Cruz did well and I did not like the very first question basically calling Trump a clown; I don't think that was an appropriate tone to begin.

I think Cruz and Rubio did well and poor Jeb was the big loser. He just does not think fast on his feet; I kinda felt sorry for him. I'm not sure he has the killer instinct; he should have been ready for Rubio's comeback.

He didn't just deflect - he LIED. I'm surprised that conservatives still support him given how they value the truth above all else. (Wink, wink) His foreclosure, etc is all a matter of public record and they should have called him out on it.

I agree and he flat out lied about it. Between that and barely showing up for work; he does not strike me as presidential material..

BUT - she should have had that information at her FINGERTIPS and not call him out on it 20 minutes later! No 'where did I see that'? It would have been so much more effective had she called him right then and there.
What was the lie? His house isn't going in to foreclosure. He was behind on his payments, the process was started, but he paid the back payments and ended up selling the house.

As for barely showing up for work, he missed 12.3% of the votes. When Obama was in the Senate, he missed 24.2%. Did you vote for Obama? You must have thought barely showing up for work was presidential material then, right?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:36 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ted Cruz’s best moment of the debate was also completely wrong

Cruz's attack on the moderators was smart politics — but it was almost precisely backwards. The questions in the CNBC debate, though relentlessly tough, were easily the most substantive of the debates so far. And the problem for Republicans is that substantive questions about their policy proposals end up sounding like hostile attacks — but that's because the policy proposals are ridiculous, not because the questions are actually unfair.

...The problem here isn't that Carson was asked whether he can do math, but that he couldn't show that his tax plan was based on sound math. And that's because it isn't.
Yes, because Fantasy Football is uppermost in the voter's minds right now.

Here's a thought - why don't we get all the Dem candidates up on stage and ask them the EXACT SAME QUESTIONS, PHRASED EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, and see how they do? Fair?

Last edited by ringwise; 10-29-2015 at 02:01 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 12:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What issue? There were few, if any, legitimate questions. There were a lot of rhetorical questions, masquerading as issues, that were spoken not to give the candidates an opportunity to voice their position, but rather to taint the perception of the candidate. The moderators couldn't seem to ask simple questions and wait for the candidate to give their answer. They had to make snarky, highly partisan statements, thinking it would make them look smart and the candidates dumb.

Who is getting talked about the most this morning? Cruz. Not because of the answers to his questions, but because he refused to allow the fawning, in-the-bag-for-Clinton moderators get away with their rude and unprofessional behavior. THAT'S what the American people want to hear. Someone that tells the truth.
Well said. ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies