Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 05:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Why no outrage over all the countries closing their borders to immigrants?

There is a lot of outrage. You hear about it practically every day on the news. Personally, I don't live in Europe so I don't really care about the immigration practices. I'm pretty sure many western Europeans care plenty...
The Europeans have the RIGHT to close their borders to illegal aliens; especially single young dudes whose culture has the rep of starting trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 05:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
They are refugees.
Then it's on their brother Muslim countries to take their kind in, NOT "infidel" Europe. The Middle East has lots of rich Arab countries that need to step up and take care of their own.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:18 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then it's on their brother Muslim countries to take their kind in, NOT "infidel" Europe. The Middle East has lots of rich Arab countries that need to step up and take care of their own.
Unexpected guests at dinner time means less dessert for everyone. The oil rich Arab countries have enough common sense to understand this. Too bad many Western nations don't.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:12 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
The US has taken tens of millions of immigrants (legal and illegal) from Mexico. Every time we talk about reducing the flood of illegals, liberals start screaming racism.

But all these European countries have taken just a hand full of immigrants and some of them like Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, and Serbia are now in the process of closing their borders. And many others are making efforts to slow down the influx.

Yet, not a peep from the liberals. No "nobody is illegal" or "they're just trying to make a better life for themselves" or "think about their children". Why is that?

I guess the US is the only country that can be racist. I guess we'll be expected to pickup the slack for the rest of the world forever because we just have infinite resources.
I don't think foreigners (if they are honest) would say Americans are racists. Foreigners love Americans more than Americans love themselves.

This being said, you can save the world 100 million times if you have the ability, but if you have to sacrifice the well being of your own citizens, then that is a form of betrayal. Know your limit.

A country without border is not a country. Really just some common sense stuff.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The Europeans have the RIGHT to close their borders to illegal aliens; especially single young dudes whose culture has the rep of starting trouble.
I never said they didn't. It's their countries and they have to right to make their own immigration policies. I live in America and the immigration policies in the EU don't concern me.. I don't see why this should even be big news here..

Old 10-30-2015, 07:34 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
I never said they didn't. It's their countries and they have to right to make their own immigration policies. I live in America and the immigration policies in the EU don't concern me.. I don't see why this should even be big news here..
The politics and economies of Europe and the United States are intertwined. They have been for many years. To say that what goes on in Europe is of no concern to Americans is just stupid.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:45 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The politics and economies of Europe and the United States are intertwined. They have been for many years. To say that what goes on in Europe is of no concern to Americans is just stupid.
I didn't say that. Your conservative goggles are causing you to see things that aren't there again. My point is that European Union immigration policy isn't very important to Americans. Demographic shifts happen all the time. The US is populated by the descendants of immigrants and we're doing just fine... The US economy is also intertwined with many Asian economies, Middle East economies, etc. We live in an age of a world economy now. There are a lot of inter-dependencies.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:44 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
It concerns European Americans and as such is big news because, while we live in a multicultural society here, Europe is seen as our homeland and we want it to be preserved for our people perhaps precisely because we don't have that here. In the U.S.A., everyone insists on identity with "their people" but that identity is verboten for European Americans. Fair enough. However, Europe is where our people are actually from and, akin to Israel for the Jewish people, we would like to see Europe's identity preserved for posterity. There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone deserves a homeland, and most European migrants have a homeland in addition to wanting to live in Europe. That's a bad deal for Europe.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:32 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, why should I care about what the EU does. Tell me.

I have no unbreakable ties to the EU, nor do I have any family history or ancestry there.

So why should their immigration policies bother me?
We shouldn't. We know that Europe is great at telling other nations what they SHOULD do, yet when it comes to their own countries most do the opposite.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Yet, not a peep from the liberals. No "nobody is illegal" or "they're just trying to make a better life for themselves" or "think about their children". Why is that?

American liberals have supported Germany's decision to take in refugees, as well as attempted to expand the number of Syrian refugees taken into the U.S.

In order for you to claim "not a peep from the liberals", I can only assume you haven't been paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies