Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 06:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Well, there were several versions, or so I've read. That would naturally cause a stir.
You should stay off those birther sites. They'll try to make you believe all sorts of nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 10:09 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Well, there were several versions, or so I've read. That would naturally cause a stir.
there were only 2, the certificate of live birth (COLB) and the long-form birth certificate (LFBC).

the COLB was issued in 2007 and released online in june 2008. initially it was released with the serial number redacted. after it was determined that the redaction wasn't necessary it was rereleased unredacted.

many birthers, including donald trump, falsely claimed that a COLB is not a legal proof of birth ( it is ) and just needed to see a "long-form" with doctor and hospital. in 2011, with special cooperation from the HI department of health, obama released his LFBC in a press conference. black and white copies of the LFBC were made and handed out to the press, savannah guthrie took a photo of it and finally it was scanned and posted online.

just 2 versions. how would that "naturally cause a stir"?

Old 11-16-2015, 10:20 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No President or Presidential candidate have released the records while in office or running for office. Do yoyu think everyone is hiding something?
They're hiding their records if they do not release them.

Many people are required to provide their relevant records when applying for a position of employment. Anyone who wants to hold as much power as POTUS should be required to release all relevant records for the public review. I think that academic records are relevant.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:31 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
They're hiding their records if they do not release them.

Many people are required to provide their relevant records when applying for a position of employment. Anyone who wants to hold as much power as POTUS should be required to release all relevant records for the public review. I think that academic records are relevant.
Once you get past your first entry level job out of college, very few places ask for transcripts. Putting that aside for a minute, if you expect it out of everyone, I can at least understand where you are coming from. However, it still is worth noting that no President has released these records while in office, and no Presidential candidate have released these records while running for the office. Those claiming Obama is "sealing" the records, hiding something or whatever the case might be only seemed concerned about Obama's records. They aren't asking anyone else to release the records, only Obama.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:06 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Anyone who wants to hold as much power as POTUS should be required to release all relevant records for the public review.
as mentioned before, adding a requirement to POTUS would require a constitutional amendment.

even if obama did release his college records i doubt that most demanding them would be satisfied ( and i know the birthers wouldn't ). obama released his COLB in june 2008, the first POTUS/presidential candidate to do so either before or during their term. the birthers declared it was fake and some, including donald trump, ignorantly claimed that it wasn't an official proof of birth. in october 2008, during the bush administration, obama's selective service registration was illegally obtained directly from selective service and the birthers declared it was fake. later the same form was legally obtained ( redacted thru a freedom of information request ) directly from selective service and the birthers declared it was fake ( most notably sheriff joe arpaio's incompetent "cold case posse" ). in 2011, after demands from the birthers for a "long-form" birth certificate, obama released his LFBC ( a direct copy of part of his original vital records )........ and the birthers declared it was fake ( most notably sheriff joe arpaio's incompetent "cold case posse" ).

Old 11-17-2015, 11:15 AM

401 posts, read 287,588 times
IF Mitt Romney had released his tax returns, he might have been president. Instead, the rumors and innuendos became fact and he lost the trust of the moderates. Romneys dad was about the first presidential candidate to release tax records, its funny that it doomed his campaign.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
IF Mitt Romney had released his tax returns, he might have been president. Instead, the rumors and innuendos became fact and he lost the trust of the moderates. Romneys dad was about the first presidential candidate to release tax records, its funny that it doomed his campaign.
Yeah, to quote another poster, George Romney was obviously hiding something.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:47 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
I have 2 versions of my own birth certificate - a photostatic copy (the kind where it's reversed and the background is black and the writing is white) with an official, raised seal, and then a modern, computer generated version. Both are considered accurate and official. I wonder what kind of stir I could raise with them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies