Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 05:07 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Again, that isn't what xenophobia means, we have people of different races in this country too, yet we still have plenty of racism going on every day.

As an American I take an interest in preserving and defending my language, my borders and my culture.

Does that make me a "xenophobe"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 05:12 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,129 times
Quote:
No where in that entire article does she mention one thing about illegal immigrants....so I am not sure where your last sentence comes from.....
She didn't say 'illegal immigrants' because that's a giant no-no term in open border circles.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
As an American I take an interest in preserving and defending my language, my borders and my culture.

Yep. Because no one is trying to take away your language, borders, or culture, those are all things you make it what it is, not others.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
She didn't say 'illegal immigrants' because that's a giant no-no term in open border circles.
Or maybe it was because she wasn't talking about open borders or illegal immigrants....did you even bother reading the original interview rather than the bits and pieces cut from it?

Old 11-10-2015, 05:17 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,614,002 times
Quote:
Just like what the Irish did to this country?
Zoe Saldana is crowing in the article about the Latinization of the U.S. Did the Irish who came here say they were going to turn America into Ireland?

Also, her home country of the Dominican Republic has a ruthless policy against Haitians that migrate there. They have been hanging people simply for being Haitian. I can't believe some illegal immigration apologists (and yes, she is referring to illegal immigration or else why mention killing and deportation and "adjust your laws because it's not going away") still think all immigrants just want to come here to work hard, feed there families, and become American. The woman is plainly telling us what some of them want--to turn America into the countries they came from!

"The only true American here is the Native American," she said. Wow what an insult. 250 years and little did we know this county and its culture has been a mirage all along. Illegal immigrants and their apologists must keep repeating this lie to themselves to justify what they're doing. If the 320 million people here aren't real Americans, then they aren't destroying America by invading us. People need to learn the difference between SETTLERS--who create a nation from the land they're on--and IMMIGRANTS--who move to an already established, sovereign nation. Funny about the Native American line they keep using--no one who says it is ever a Native American. I knew some Hopi and Navajo when I lived in Albuquerque and they didn't want their culture usurped by Spanish-speaking illegal foreigners either!

Old 11-10-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Zoe Saldana is crowing in the article about the Latinization of the U.S. Did the Irish who came here say they were going to turn America into Ireland?

Also, her home country of the Dominican Republic has a ruthless policy against Haitians that migrate there. They have been hanging people simply for being Haitian. I can't believe some illegal immigration apologists (and yes, she is referring to illegal immigration or else why mention killing and deportation and "adjust your laws because it's not going away") still think all immigrants just want to come here to work hard, feed there families, and become American. The woman is plainly telling us what some of them want--to turn America into the countries they came from!

"The only true American here is the Native American," she said. Wow what an insult. 250 years and little did we know this county and its culture has been a mirage all along. Illegal immigrants and their apologists must keep repeating this lie to themselves to justify what they're doing. If the 320 million people here aren't real Americans, then they aren't destroying America by invading us. People need to learn the difference between SETTLERS--who create a nation from the land they're on--and IMMIGRANTS--who move to an already established, sovereign nation. Funny about the Native American line they keep using--no one who says it is ever a Native American. I knew some Hopi and Navajo when I lived in Albuquerque and they didn't want their culture usurped by Spanish-speaking illegal foreigners either!
There was a history of xenophobia against the Irish and Americans did treat them as second class citizens that only deserved the lowest form of work.

Trying to deflect and make this about the Dominican Republic isn't going to work, this isn't about the Dominican Republic, this is about the US.

She is also right, Europeans invaded North America and claimed the land as their own, taking it from those that lived there. Also, she isn't talking about illegal immigrants, that is just something those that think all Latino immigrants are illegal want others to think.

She isn't saying she wants to take away anything about this country you like, you can keep your heritage, and the Irish didn't turn this country into Ireland either. So I would put away the fear when it comes to Latino immigrants.

What about Spanish speaking legal immigrants? Where these Hopi and Navajos that you say you knew okay with them?

Not everything is about illegal immigration when talking about immigration. Not all immigrants are illegal.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:39 PM

259 posts, read 179,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

English is and will continue to be for the forseeable future the lingua france of the entire world. So shove your persecution complex right up your a**.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:54 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,885,882 times
Quote:
There was a history of xenophobia against the Irish and Americans did treat them as second class citizens that only deserved the lowest form of work.

Trying to deflect and make this about the Dominican Republic isn't going to work, this isn't about the Dominican Republic, this is about the US.

She is also right, Europeans invaded North America and claimed the land as their own, taking it from those that lived there. Also, she isn't talking about illegal immigrants, that is just something those that think all Latino immigrants are illegal want others to think.

She isn't saying she wants to take away anything about this country you like, you can keep your heritage, and the Irish didn't turn this country into Ireland either. So I would put away the fear when it comes to Latino immigrants.

What about Spanish speaking legal immigrants? Where these Hopi and Navajos that you say you knew okay with them?

Not everything is about illegal immigration when talking about immigration. Not all immigrants are illegal.
The Irish were legal immigrants, and many of them troublemakers, but they assimilated. The Latin Americans are made up mostly of illegals and colonizers. Latino Americans outnumber those of Irish descent already and are growing. I know liberals think every thing, time and situation must be identical or equivalent but it's not. Irish legal immigration and Latin American colonization are two different things. About as many illegals cross the border as Irish legally immigrated during the peak decade in the 1850's. In 5 years, almost as much as a 100 years of peak Irish immigration. Apples, oranges?

Old 11-10-2015, 05:55 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,370 times
Quote:
Yep. Because no one is trying to take away your language, borders, or culture, those are all things you make it what it is, not others.
Except for the militant multiculturalists who constantly attack America by incessantly mining the past for misdeeds that they can crow about today.

Except for the militant multiculturalists that constantly seek to tear down American traditions and replace them with grievance theater posturing about some supposed injustice hundreds of years ago.

Except for the militant multiculturalists who believe that a USA that defends its borders is, because of that, racist.

Except for the militant multiculturalists that constantly try to redefine major terms in our language to support their deconstructionist cause.

Your posts prove my point.

What you call "xenophobia" the rest of humanity calls "rational". You're not "Progressive"... You're opposed to Reason and Rationality. You actually fight rationality and replace it with postmodern psuedointellectual gibberish that you've been trained to regurgitate like a well trained monkey.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The Irish were legal immigrants, and many of them troublemakers, but they assimilated. The Latin Americans are made up mostly of illegals and colonizers. Latino Americans outnumber those of Irish descent already and are growing. I know liberals think every thing, time and situation must be identical or equivalent but it's not. Irish legal immigration and Latin American colonization were two different things. About as many illegals cross the border as Irish legal immigrated during the peak decade in the 1850's. In 5 years, almost as much as a 100 years of peak Irish immigration. Apples, oranges?
Well that is false....Also, Latin American colonization was done by the Europeans....basically the same thing they did to North America....

In other words, you are showing fear over something not worth being fearful over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies