Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 04:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The debate ended. Women have the right to a safe abortion if they choose to. What is at debate is whether states have a right o erode those rights by shutting down clinics and by other nefarious means to pacify the religious right wing. Self induced abortions are in the rise in Texas by poor women who cannot afford to cross border to get a safe one.
Pro-birthers are fine with that, in their view, any woman who decides to abort deserves to be maimed or killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 05:06 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Pro-birthers are fine with that, in their view, any woman who decides to abort deserves to be maimed or killed.
That is a truly hateful statement. Baseless and hateful. Regarding life as precious and the unborn as worthy of life has absolutely nothing to do with the evil statements you just made. Many women who are pro-life have undergone abortions and now regret that decision and seek to prevent other women from dealing with years, if not a lifetime of guilt and regret over the decision.

I find your post detestable.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The debate ended. Women have the right to a safe abortion if they choose to. What is at debate is whether states have a right o erode those rights by shutting down clinics and by other nefarious means to pacify the religious right wing. Self induced abortions are in the rise in Texas by poor women who cannot afford to cross border to get a safe one.

I call BS. Please post a link that proves your statement. Otherwise, this is nothing more than leftwing propaganda meant to inflame abortion supporters.

The debate has not ended, just because you say so. Slavery was endorsed by the Supreme Court. Do you accept that debate was ended?

Further, a pregnant woman needs only to do a simple internet search on Pregnancy Homes in Texas and will be flooded with a wealth of information on organizations that will assist a pregnant woman, financially, emotionally and legally, even AFTER she gives birth.

Stop with the lies!!!

Old 11-17-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
That is a truly hateful statement. Baseless and hateful. Regarding life as precious and the unborn as worthy of life has absolutely nothing to do with the evil statements you just made. Many women who are pro-life have undergone abortions and now regret that decision and seek to prevent other women from dealing with years, if not a lifetime of guilt and regret over the decision.

I find your post detestable.
I have yet to hear a pro-birther bemoan the fate of women who have to resort to illegal, unsafe abortions, they treat it as acceptable collateral damage.

The vast majority of women who have had an abortion never regret it.....FACT.

And.......let's not forget that many women who give up a child for adoption never get over it and regret it for the rest of their lives.........don't want to talk about that, do you?

I find your stance that the welfare of a fetus trumps the welfare of the woman carrying it detestable, hateful and evil. Checkmate.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I call BS. Please post a link that proves your statement. Otherwise, this is nothing more than leftwing propaganda meant to inflame abortion supporters.

The debate has not ended, just because you say so. Slavery was endorsed by the Supreme Court. Do you accept that debate was ended?

Further, a pregnant woman needs only to do a simple internet search on Pregnancy Homes in Texas and will be flooded with a wealth of information on organizations that will assist a pregnant woman, financially, emotionally and legally, even AFTER she gives birth.

Stop with the lies!!!
Carrying a pregnancy and giving birth is not a benign undertaking.

It can negatively effect a woman's health, perhaps for the rest of her life, it can even kill her.....with no advance warning.

A few boxes of free diapers and a pat on the back can hardly make up for that.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I have yet to hear a pro-birther bemoan the fate of women who have to resort to illegal, unsafe abortions.

The vast majority of women who have had an abortion never regret it.....FACT.

And.......let's not forget that many women who give up a child for adoption never get over it and regret it for the rest of their lives.........don't want to talk about that, do you?

I find your stance that the welfare of a fetus trumps the welfare of the woman carrying it detestable, hateful and evil. Checkmate.

If you find my opinion to be distasteful, that's fine, but when you use vile statements to describe people with that opinion, you step over the line.

Please provide a link to your statement that the vast majority of women who have aborted their child never regret it. You state that this is a fact, so I look forward to your proof of that FACT.

I have no problem with discussing the guilt some women feel about giving a child up for adoption. That is your assumption. I also empathize equally with those women. The decision to remove yourself from your flesh and blood for all eternity is not one that is easily made, nor should it be, but in the case of adoption, the birth mother does not have to feel guilt about depriving a living being of the potentials that afforded a living being.

Oh and still waiting for you to back up your claim regarding self induced abortion statistics in Texas.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Carrying a pregnancy and giving birth is not a benign undertaking.

It can negatively effect a woman's health, perhaps for the rest of her life, it can even kill her.....with no advance warning.

A few boxes of free diapers and a pat on the back can hardly make up for that.

Having given birth, I am more than aware of the effects of pregnancy. Have you carried a child to term?

Of course you minimize the support that is available because that would diminish your arguments in support of abortion, but had you not been so closed minded to investigate a few of the links available to pregnant women in Texas, you would see that beyond housing and medical care, these facilities can provide training, or assistance to complete GEDs, assist with counseling and help with the decision on whether to keep or adopt out their child. These organizations are all about providing women with the support and options they deserve to consider at the time and not be directed into ending the life of their child based solely on the propaganda of pro-abortion groups.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:57 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I bet I can predict the track this thread will take.
It took a little longer than expected but it got there.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Having given birth, I am more than aware of the effects of pregnancy. Have you carried a child to term?

Of course you minimize the support that is available because that would diminish your arguments in support of abortion, but had you not been so closed minded to investigate a few of the links available to pregnant women in Texas, you would see that beyond housing and medical care, these facilities can provide training, or assistance to complete GEDs, assist with counseling and help with the decision on whether to keep or adopt out their child. These organizations are all about providing women with the support and options they deserve to consider at the time and not be directed into ending the life of their child based solely on the propaganda of pro-abortion groups.

Why are so many U.S. women dying during childbirth? : News

Quote:
That means each year in the U.S., about 700 women die of pregnancy-related
complications and 52,000 experience emergencies such as acute renal failure,
shock, respiratory distress, aneurysms and heart surgery. An additional 34,000
barely avoid death.
None of the things you listed mean a damn thing if you end up dead.

No woman should be forced to risk her health, her very life, against her will.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
If you find my opinion to be distasteful, that's fine, but when you use vile statements to describe people with that opinion, you step over the line.

Please provide a link to your statement that the vast majority of women who have aborted their child never regret it. You state that this is a fact, so I look forward to your proof of that FACT.

I have no problem with discussing the guilt some women feel about giving a child up for adoption. That is your assumption. I also empathize equally with those women. The decision to remove yourself from your flesh and blood for all eternity is not one that is easily made, nor should it be, but in the case of adoption, the birth mother does not have to feel guilt about depriving a living being of the potentials that afforded a living being.

Oh and still waiting for you to back up your claim regarding self induced abortion statistics in Texas.
Survey reveals vast majority of women don't regret their abortions - AOL

Quote:
A majority of women, 95 percent, do not regret having an abortion, according to
a new study published in the medical journal Plos One.

The study,
conducted by the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at UC, San
Francisco's School of Medicine, surveyed 670 women over three years.

Texas law leads to more attempts at self-induced abortions, study finds | Fox News

Quote:

The study estimated that between 100,000 and 240,000 women aged 18 to 49 in
Texas have tried to self-induce abortion since the law went into effect, using
such methods as herbs, teas and medications obtained in Mexico without
prescription.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies