Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 09:35 PM

31,089 posts, read 22,143,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Disagree.

Many - MANY - heterosexual couples are insane, dysfunctional, harmful environments whether they are "traditional" or not. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.
And Homosexual couples can be insane and dysfunctional too. And compounded by proven suicide rates that are 5 to 6 times higher than equivalent heterosexuals I would say Homosexuals are not Equivalent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 09:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A Utah judge has ordered that a foster child being raised by a lesbian couple be taken away and given to a heterosexual couple. There is nothing in Utah law where the sexual preferences of foster parents matters, The judge did this because, he believes, it is better for the child. These strikes me as outrageous. Do conservatives support this kind of judicial activism?

Utah lesbian couple speaks out on Judge Scott Johansen's order to remove baby - CBS News

Yes, I full support what is best for the welfare of a learning mind.... Homosexuality, isn't one of them.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:22 PM

870 posts, read 1,572,251 times
But wasn't it because of the heterosexual parents who had the child the reason its in foster care? Using that logic, heterosexuals shouldn't foster children either because they are the reason children are there in the first place. It isn't gay and lesbians crowding unwanted children into foster homes.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:23 PM

870 posts, read 1,572,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And Homosexual couples can be insane and dysfunctional too. And compounded by proven suicide rates that are 5 to 6 times higher than equivalent heterosexuals I would say Homosexuals are not Equivalent.
Being treated like second class citizens can do that to people, as evidenced by how these two women are being treated.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,787,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It's in the best interest of the child to be raised in an opposite sex home.

We knew this going to happen eventually, this was my only reason for opposing same sex marriage.
???? I hate to tell you this, but it's the other way around. Gay singles and couples have been fostering and adopting kids for a couple of decades now. Yes, even in states that prohibited SSM, gay couples were legally able to adopt kids.

LGBT parenting timeline

Old 11-13-2015, 12:28 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,469,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Lets apply your rather bizarre logic then and remove all children from families headed by veterans because they have very large suicide rates. According to govt. statistics about 1 veteran dies by suicide on average every 65 minutes.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:49 AM

15,543 posts, read 10,533,079 times
Are we getting the full story? This just doesn't sound right, it sounds fishy. He can't base his ruling on that, there has to be more. He's in big trouble if he did, surely he's smarter than that.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:50 AM

110 posts, read 86,885 times
Wow.
I know a lot of gay couples, with and without children. They all are perfectly normal couples with perfectly normal kids.

In one instance, I know a lovely lesbian couple who have three teenage daughters. None of these kids is gay. They have boyfriends, they do great in school and they are perfectly normal teens.

I know of a gay male couple who had to wait 10 years to adopt a child. That kid is the result of a decade of fighting, going to parenting classes over and over again. They would cut off their own limbs to protect the child. I can't imagine a better environment for a kid than with parents who actually had to work really hard to have them and honestly, I'd rather be chosen as a kid than just randomly produced.

Gays/lesbians do not make bad parents because of their sexual orientation. Their parenting skills are defined by their character and temperament, patience and perseverance. Everybody thinks their parents sex life is gross, I can't see why and how this would be different for same sex couples.

Again, religion should be banned, not same sex couples. Religion is a plague, clouding our minds just like drugs.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:02 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,787,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Are we getting the full story? This just doesn't sound right, it sounds fishy. He can't base his ruling on that, there has to be more. He's in big trouble if he did, surely he's smarter than that.
All that's being reported is that he just doesn't approve of gay parents.

Utah just very recently legalized adoption by gay parents, my guess he is that he has not wrapped his head around the change yet. Unless there is evidence that they are unfit in some way, I'm sure his decision will be overruled.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,318,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A Utah judge has ordered that a foster child being raised by a lesbian couple be taken away and given to a heterosexual couple. There is nothing in Utah law where the sexual preferences of foster parents matters, The judge did this because, he believes, it is better for the child. These strikes me as outrageous. Do conservatives support this kind of judicial activism?

Utah lesbian couple speaks out on Judge Scott Johansen's order to remove baby - CBS News
The title of your thread is very misleading and quite over dramatic since this child is a foster child and can be removed from one foster home and placed into another foster legally and without the consent or approval of the foster parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies