Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 11:19 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times

Advertisements

It's wrong and anyone with a scintilla of intelligence and honesty knows it. The agenda ridden leftists and homosexuals are nothing more than that. Normal people know better.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:24 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,293,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I wonder what about your upbringing makes you think that only physical mothers can be parents? Abysmal ignorance?
Have you told your father that he could have been a woman and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference to you? That his influence as a man in your life from the moment you came home from the hospital to the moment you flew the coop meant nothing?

Or vice versa your mother?

I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know this.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 11-13-2015 at 11:42 AM..

Old 11-13-2015, 11:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Campbells soup makes people gay...I read it on the internet, must be true.
No, prison makes people gay, ask Dr. Carson.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:31 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Come on pro-lifers.... let's celebrate a child who would otherwise be in an orphanage.
I'm pro-choice, but I agree with what you're saying. I don't give a f*ck what the parents' genders are as long as they provide a stable and nurturing family environment for their child/ren. The ad depicted such, so all's good!

Old 11-13-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Come on folks, aren't their bigger things to worry about in this country, than a stupid commercial that happens to feature 2 dads?

CHANGE THE DAMN CHANNEL OR STOP WATCHING TV!
...with the admonishment that "this is real life"?

I don't need some moron on Madison Avenue telling me what's normal or real because that moron wants me to accept the fact that gay parentage is the same as heterosexual parentage.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:41 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

Yes. I don't need some moron on Madison Avenue telling me what's normal or real because that moron wants me to accept the fact that gay parentage is the same as heterosexual parentage.
Yes, Campbell's soup is now a part of the gay agenda. I guess that commercial renders you incapable of changing the channel.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:44 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

Yes. I don't need some moron on Madison Avenue telling me what's normal or real because that moron wants me to accept the fact that gay parentage is the same as heterosexual parentage.
What's the difference between the two parentage? If both are being raised in a loving family, there should be no issue for you.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What's the difference between the two parentage? If both are being raised in a loving family, there should be no issue for you.
Well, personally, I do nothing more than SMH and argue on messageboards. But then again, I was fortunate enough to have been raised by a married mother and father.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:56 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,305,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
It's wrong and anyone with a scintilla of intelligence and honesty knows it. The agenda ridden leftists and homosexuals are nothing more than that. Normal people know better.
No, this is your view that you're projecting onto everyone else. I'm a straight guy, and the commercial seems thoroughly benign to me even though I don't eat Campbells.

The fact is a solid majority in the U.S. now support full marriage equality for same-sex couples, so by definition this is now the 'normal' attitude, and there's nothing you can do.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:00 PM

19,828 posts, read 9,387,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Campbells spends millions doing market research, they know what AMerica wants, those upset by this ad are a very small and shrinking minority. Pity the socially backward conservatives, they know not what they do.
Actually -- and this might not be related -- look how JCPenney sales went down after they tried targeting the gay/modern/younger market. They even admitted that their marketing approach -- again, maybe not just the fact that they tried marketing to gays but their overall marketing strategy -- backfired because they lost their "traditional" customer base.

JCPenney Responds to Homophobic Boycott Calls with Gay Father's Day Ad

Forbes Welcome

In any case, it will be interesting to see any reports in three months that state whether Campbell soup lost saies, gained sales, or their sales remained constant compared to three months ago.

(I don't think that sale of soup is very much affected by anything, as it is a fairly "basic" food.)

Also, I think it is interesting that they have not allowed the video of their ad to be shown in forums like these. I would think that they would encourage as many people seeing it as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies