Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Who gave my rights away? Rights that were given to me by no man?

That man and those there to carryout his will, better be willing and fully prepared, to meet my creator that gave them to me.

Remember...... your freedom, will never be free.
That is why freedom is so scary to the over protected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 11:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who gave my rights away? Rights that were given to me by no man?

That man and those there to carryout his will, better be willing and fully prepared, to meet my creator that gave them to me.

Remember...... your freedom, will never be free.
That is why freedom is so scary to the over protected.
What rights and Freedom have you lost? I seem to have lost none.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What rights and Freedom have you lost? I seem to have lost none.

The freedom to chose for myself, from unlimited choices, on millions of things I will deal with in my lifetime.

My unlimited choices have been narrowed down to one in many cases, with the choice then being... Take it or leave it, buddy.... You still have a choice and the freedom to choose.

Rights have I lost?

I do not have a 1st amendment any longer. I cannot worship how and where I please. I have been limited to speak in free speech zones. It is now a privilege, if the government allows.
I do not have a 2nd amendment any longer. I 'm today told by government, what weapon I can make. What weapon I can keep. What weapon I can use and most of all, what weapon I'm allowed to carry on my person, or that I cannot carry a weapon at all... Shall not be infringed and all that.
I do not have a 4th amendment any longer. The Patriot Act made sure of that, with NDAA reinforcing it.
I no longer have a 5th amendment. I can now be forced to incriminate myself in all sorts of ways for the government to be intrusive and punish.
the 10th amendment has no teeth any longer. What clearly the federal government has no business doing, have taken that power from the states, without constitutional authority to do so, under the redefined welfare clause.

Last edited by BentBow; 12-08-2015 at 11:39 AM..

Old 12-08-2015, 11:32 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,002,897 times
Are you talking about the right to vote in representatives and a president that represent "we the people"?

Old 12-08-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
The freedom to chose for myself, from unlimited choices, on millions of things I will deal with in my lifetime.

My unlimited choices have been narrowed down to one in many cases, with the choice then being... Take it or leave it, buddy.... You still have a choice and the freedom to choose.
Still need to narrow that down, what choices specifically give us some examples?

Old 12-08-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Still need to narrow that down, what choices specifically give us some examples?

I use to be able to buy a weapon from mail order and have it at my door delivered by the mailman. I lost that freedom and right only 40 years ago.

I use to be able to go to practically any farm and pay the farmer to pick from his crop, or milk his cows, gather eggs(still do it, but it is now illegal)

Hunting. I use to be able to go out on my own property and harvest what I needed to survive. Not anymore.(still do it, but it is now illegal) I cannot even grow what I wish on my land, for my consumption, or the consumption of others, without asking permission.(still do it, but it is now illegal)

Old 12-08-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I use to be able to buy a weapon from mail order and have it at my door delivered by the mailman. I lost that freedom and right only 40 years ago.

I use to be able to go to practically any farm and pay the farmer to pick from his crop, or milk his cows, gather eggs(still do it, but it is now illegal)

Hunting. I use to be able to go out on my own property and harvest what I needed to survive. Not anymore.(still do it, but it is now illegal) I cannot even grow what I wish on my land, for my consumption, or the consumption of others, without asking permission.(still do it, but it is now illegal)
Get a Firearms Dealers license and there ya go, delivered right to your front door.
Really? I can hunt fish or grow anything on my property, I thought you lived right next to a large area of forest and federal land? Not sure what State you live in but here in Texas none of those things are applicable unless you live inside a major city and even then not all applies. You do know that there are ways to change State and Local laws, right?

Old 12-08-2015, 07:01 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,000,620 times
Our freedoms ARE being taken away..slowly, but surely...well, not taken, but GIVEN...we have given up many of our "rights" for what some consider to be "safety"....

One of our Founding Fathers said (and I paraphrase), anyone who would give up Freedom for security deserves neither Freedom OR security.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Get a Firearms Dealers license and there ya go, delivered right to your front door.
Really? I can hunt fish or grow anything on my property, I thought you lived right next to a large area of forest and federal land? Not sure what State you live in but here in Texas none of those things are applicable unless you live inside a major city and even then not all applies. You do know that there are ways to change State and Local laws, right?

There is that thing of asking government for my right back, again....

Thanks for confirming the freedoms you & I lose daily, to government control.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
There is that thing of asking government for my right back, again....

Thanks for confirming the freedoms you & I lose daily, to government control.
If you don't want to get the license that is your choice.
You mentioned one "right" funny I did not see receiving guns in the mail in the Constitution or Bill of Rights, maybe you can point it out, I know it is not in the 2nd A.

What other rights and freedoms have you "lost", you use the plural so there must be more, so what are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies