Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 09:17 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
In America, it's the "liberals" who are tough on terrorism. It was President Obama who successfully nabbed Bin Laden and decimated Al-Qaeda, which ran wild when Dumbya Bush was in office.

Conservatives, meanwhile, want to spend trillions of American taxpayer dollars overthrowing secular dictators (i.e., Saddam Hussein), which de-stabiilizes the Middle East and allows Islamic fundamentalism to run wild. ISIS is the direct result of failed GOP policies in the ME.

And don't take my word for it. Just ask Trump (the current clown leading the GOP freak show). Even he admits it.

As far as the Paris attacks are concerned, that's a French problem. Let them deal with it. The US cannot be the world's policeman forever. The Euros need to step up.

Libya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 09:20 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Obama didn't.
Well, he couldn't have if he had wanted to. He wasn't a U.S. senator at the time.

I was referring to Democrats in the U.S. Congress whose votes for the authorization to go to war actually counted.

It's easy to say "I didn't vote for it" when you didn't have the opportunity to vote for it and didn't have the responsibility of making a consequential decision.

It's kind of like my little dog sticking his little head out the window and barking at big dogs as we speed by in my car.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:20 AM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Give me the post number for the post here that claimed that college student anti-free-speech antics encouraged the attacks in Paris. You claim someone said that, but I haven't seen it.

You claimed that the U.S. arming of Middle East nations started under Bush.

I pointed out that it didn't.

I don't consider "see above" or "you proved my point" to be an acknowledgement of that fact.
Actually, I think I understand what he/she is trying to say. The title of the thread is "Liberal tolerance. The most dangerous weapon ever discovered by terrorists." So, going by the title they must think that the current cause du jour (anti-free speech antics on college campuses) is a contributing factor to what happened in Paris.

The poster already admitted that arming Middle East nations goes back further than Bush, but explained that the current Middle East issues started when Bush invaded Iraq.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, I think I understand what he/she is trying to say. The title of the thread is "Liberal tolerance. The most dangerous weapon ever discovered by terrorists." So, going by the title they must think that the current cause du jour (anti-free speech antics on college campuses) is a contributing factor to what happened in Paris.

The poster already admitted that arming Middle East nations goes back further than Bush, but explained that the current Middle East issues started when Bush invaded Iraq.
I agree with that premise. Saddam as well as Quadaffi kept their people in line.
We got rid of both of them and let the radicals take over.

And we want to do the same with Assad in Syria.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:23 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

Thank you.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:24 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
There is little difference between radical Islam and the extreme left. Both demand the world conform to their way of thinking without any dissent. Neither hesitate to employ threats and violence (whether bombings or physical intimidation) to achieve their goals.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:26 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
It may soon be our problem. They've hit France, I wonder where they will hit next.
Doesn't matter. Wherever it happens the city will be shut down. Politicians will sing patriotic songs. Politicians will declare whoever it is stands in solidarity and will not change their way of life. All the while it's citizens are under shelter in place orders and legislation already written is moved to give politicians more "tools" to "protect" those citizens.

Liberty wins.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:27 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Thank you.
In other words w/ the leftist Rockefeller Republicans who deride Reaganomics as "voodoo economics," and promote PP, and call Bill Clinton a brother by another mother.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:28 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
There is little difference between radical Islam and the extreme left. Both demand the world conform to their way of thinking without any dissent. Neither hesitate to employ threats and violence (whether bombings or physical intimidation) to achieve their goals.
Stop. Just stop. This is what I'm talking about. Progressives who are against organized religion, support women's rights, are against war and conflict, etc. are nothing like radical Islam. Do other conservatives here not object to this trash being spewed to make the rest of you look bad? It's just sad.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:29 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So Jesus is responsible for the Lambs of Christ and Army of God violence? Rather simplistic thinking.
Mohammed advocated violence. Mohammed himself was violent. And the Koran calls for violent acts against infidels and others.

Jesus did not advocate violence, was not violent, and did not call for war against non-Christians or anyone else.

So yes, Mohammed planted the seeds of ISIS.

Jesus did not plant the seeds of the Lambs of Christ and Army of God violence that you mention.

You say my thinking is simplistic, but it wasn't very hard for me to show that the simplistic one here isn't me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies