Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 07:40 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
In America, it's the "liberals" who are tough on terrorism. It was President Obama who successfully nabbed Bin Laden and decimated Al-Qaeda, which ran wild when Dumbya Bush was in office.

Conservatives, meanwhile, want to spend trillions of American taxpayer dollars overthrowing secular dictators (i.e., Saddam Hussein), which de-stabiilizes the Middle East and allows Islamic fundamentalism to run wild. ISIS is the direct result of failed GOP policies in the ME.

And don't take my word for it. Just ask Trump (the current clown leading the GOP freak show). Even he admits it.

As far as the Paris attacks are concerned, that's a French problem. Let them deal with it. The US cannot be the world's policeman forever. The Euros need to step up.
Thr Imam in Chief has been trying to overthrow Assad for 3 years so radical Islamists can take over. Just like he did in Libya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 07:43 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What is the sense of allowing immigration from countries like the muslim middle east and other countries that have long been full of turmoil and high crime levels?

If one must allow in more immigration despite the US being overpopulated, just take people from western countries, allies, and cultures that have demonstrated being peaceful and orderly.
High crime levels? Which mideastern country has a greater percentage of it`s population than we do in Jail? At least we`re #1 in something beside military spending.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:47 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Liberals and Islamic Jihadists share the same rhetoric; the West is evil and it deserves everything that is coming to it.

Add to this Liberals like to make false equivalency comparisons of Islam with all other religions, essentially giving Islam a free pass to continue its oppression and terrorism.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:53 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Oh I understand it, don't flatter yourself. I just think you are being just as childish and dismissive as you accuse others of being
No, you don't get it. It's difficult to have an intelligent conversation in this forum. It's quite disappointing actually.

go back and read the thread, and most on this forum. It seems the smart people have vacated this section of city data...all I see is,

herp derp lIBRULZ are da same as ISIS derp derp atheists supported these attacks libs libs huh go team red.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
The middle east was a cesspit of mindless violence thousands of years before Islam was founded. The ceaseless slaughter is that area's defining characteristic. The USA should pull all our people and equipment out immediately and leave them to kill one another. It's not in our national interest to be involved in their psychotic conflicts.

Let it bleed.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:56 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Not only this, but we have provided weapons and training to areas of the Middle East for years, firstly under Bush. It's hysterical how dimwitted this forum is. I'm guessing the average age is under 15 and over 70..just a few stragglers in between.

You conservatives keep bringing up this college campus BS, and fail to realize that NOT EVERYONE GIVES A SH1T. Not all realist Progressives care whatsoever about that issue right now.
We are sick of people being offended by Starbucks and Campbell soup to care about anything else regarding "offensiveness". Stop using this as your own and only argument. Guess what, I'm a Progressive and I don't care about "safe spaces". Stop with the simple minded Team Red and Team Blue RAH RAH RAH mentality. It sounds desperate, childish and uneducated.
It seems simplistic ways of thinking preclude some Liberals from seeing how these seemingly unrelated issues, Islamic terrorism and our current trend in college fascism, are very related. I have no interest in explaining a complex issue to them, however.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The French have their problems...we have ours.

And this is their problem.
You are wrong. This is ALL OF OUR problem. Even if it were only happening in France it would be ALL OF OUR problem. France needs our support and our prayers.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:58 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The middle east was a cesspit of mindless violence thousands of years before Islam was founded. The ceaseless slaughter is that area's defining characteristic. The USA should pull all our people and equipment out immediately and leave them to kill one another. It's not in out national interest to be involved in their psychotic conflicts.

Let it bleed.

Aannnnnnnd this is what Progressives have been saying since Dubya decided to invade Iraq.
But there was oil interest there. Remember when we invaded the wrong country and immersed ourselves in the Middle East in psychotic conflicts? Yea...lots of us didn't want to be involved.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:03 AM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I dont know what you are talking about. A liberal (Obama) got the worlds most wanted terrorist (Bin Laden) while conservatives (Bush and Cheney) were ok with Bin Laden running loose around the world.
Please! Who cares that he got Osama bin Laden? He could have left him in his cave and all this stuff would still be happening. Obviously this is a many headed snake. Cutting off one head isn't going to kill it.

Obama is the president who left Iraq without a status of forces agreement. Obama is the one who was arming ISIS terrorists to fight Assad. And Obama is the one leaving our borders unchecked and bringing in hundreds of thousands of immigrants from these countries claiming asylum. Bush started it, but Obama is not blameless. In fact, much of this current mess is on him.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I take it they are gracious hosts initially until the savage cretins start ravaging everything, including the women and children. It's too late by then as there are too many there.
^^^ Are you people for real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies