Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Agree with Obama that Americans are Shameful?
No 267 84.23%
Yes 50 15.77%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:20 AM

756 posts, read 424,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Then you hate America and all of the principles we were founded on. You might as well go ahead and admit it out loud, because that's exactly what this statement proclaims loud and clear. And that's exactly what the president was talking about.
There is still freedom of religion in this country. I have no problem with muslims immigrating to this country either, so long as we can properly background check them and in this case, we cannot.

Freedom of religion is not the same as open borders where we let anyone in whether we can truly determine if they are a threat or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So you are blaming the Syrian refugees for the attacks on Paris? The refugees are seeking asylum from the terrorists!! These attacks were well coordinated and the main suspect is from Belgium and was a member of the terrorist group killing the Syrians who are seeking shelter. I don't know why people can't seem to understand that the people who are seeking asylum are not the enemy. When Jews in WWII escaped Germany, were they our enemy because they came from Germany? I'm just not sure we can afford to take in too many refugees, but I don't like all this chatter about Muslims as if they're the enemy, not radical extremist groups.

what the Quran teaches gives us reasonable concern.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The FBI has publicly stated that we can't properly screen the refugees.
Muslim countries in the region want nothing to do with these refugees. One would think that people from the region, who actually understand the culture, would know more about it than we do.
It's easy for the bleeding hearts to say the risk is acceptable. They are betting that if a terrorist event happens that odds are they won't be harmed. That is a safe bet. These same folks have no issue with illegals or the crimes they commit. They have no issue with illegals displacing Americans in the work force. Most of these bleeding hearts are in industries not impacted by illegals.
They claim to care about our poor. Yet they turn their backs on our most needy, our homeless and prefer to take in 185,000 refugees instead.
Maybe Obama should give this speech in regard to homeless vets. "Hey I know you served, and chances are that, that service broke you. I know you need help, but those refugees deserve it more than you do. This winter when it's below freezing, I'm sure you will find a cozy spot under a bridge or in a cardboard box. But, cheer up, because of your sacrifice, 185,000 refugees who come from a place that hates us, will be warm and well fed, in a nice home, provided for them by our government. They deserve it more than you."
I agree.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:23 AM

449 posts, read 495,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I posted the exact quote and addressed it. Instead of that, you are giving us your opinion of a small portion of the quote and arguing it as fact. Furthermore insult is not argument.
Logical fallacy argument. The topic is not about me as much as you wish to make it so.
There is no logical fallacy, it's just you don't like it when someone doesn't want to go with the narrative you're pushing. You don't like that I exposed your double standards, you only care about white casualties. So don't be surprise when others don't care as much about 130 French people dying, which is a drop in the bucket compared to how many innocent people have died in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan by American and NATO bombings and attacks.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:23 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've seen a lot of commentary in here stating that this denial of entry to these "refugees" is some sort of agenda , driven by Christians. Its not, and the only real bearing religion has on this, is the fact that the enemy hiding within these throngs, happens go be using religion as their motive. At that point, its no longer religion, its simple ideology. No different than if someone were a Nazi, trying to slip in with German refugees, during WW2.

That there is a fifth column, secreted within this horde, is undeniable. That's been proven, at the expense of many lives. This isn't about religion. Its about a twisted ideology, masked as a "religion", The terrorists, hiding in the masses, cannot be identified. Even women and children are a risk. The enemy uses them all the time.

Sorry to say, but this is war. We are fighting an enemy that does not share our moral scruples, and they are counting on using our misplaced compassion, and pity , to attack us, where we live. This tactic is written in the Koran. To lull the infidel into a false sense of security, gain their trust, so that they can be taken unawares. Pity and ck.passion are things we cannot afford to extend. Call that "shameful", if you will, but, what is the real cause of that? Our lack of compassion, or the enemy's wanting to use that compassion as a means to set us up to die , by their hand? The shame does not lie with us. Its a thing owned, entirely, by the enemy.

If we let them in, and bullets start flying in schools, and bombs start going off in shopping malls, will our pity and. compassion make us feel better about our dead and maimed? Or, will we feel played as fools? I'll go with the latter, and I don't feel one bit a bigot.

.......We are at WAR. this refugee crisis will get worse and Obama is hopeless. He has the best military in the world and refuses to destroy ISIS.....he just want to "contain" it.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:24 AM

756 posts, read 424,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've seen a lot of commentary in here stating that this denial of entry to these "refugees" is some sort of agenda , driven by Christians. Its not, and the only real bearing religion has on this, is the fact that the enemy hiding within these throngs, happens go be using religion as their motive. At that point, its no longer religion, its simple ideology. No different than if someone were a Nazi, trying to slip in with German refugees, during WW2.

That there is a fifth column, secreted within this horde, is undeniable. That's been proven, at the expense of many lives. This isn't about religion. Its about a twisted ideology, masked as a "religion", The terrorists, hiding in the masses, cannot be identified. Even women and children are a risk. The enemy uses them all the time.

Sorry to say, but this is war. We are fighting an enemy that does not share our moral scruples, and they are counting on using our misplaced compassion, and pity , to attack us, where we live. This tactic is written in the Koran. To lull the infidel into a false sense of security, gain their trust, so that they can be taken unawares. Pity and ck.passion are things we cannot afford to extend. Call that "shameful", if you will, but, what is the real cause of that? Our lack of compassion, or the enemy's wanting to use that compassion as a means to set us up to die , by their hand? The shame does not lie with us. Its a thing owned, entirely, by the enemy.

If we let them in, and bullets start flying in schools, and bombs start going off in shopping malls, will our pity and. compassion make us feel better about our dead and maimed? Or, will we feel played as fools? I'll go with the latter, and I don't feel one bit a bigot.
Thank you.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
We could offer them Guantanamo (the location not the prison) if our new friends in Cuba didn't mind. Seems like there is some space freeing up there.

Europe is finding out they are not coming to be safe but to find work. They'll turn down that Guantanamo offer if they are really coming for work (not really refugees) but if they are coming for safety, Guantanamo should be okay with them. Let's see how many accept.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Obama created this mess with the refugees and letting Isis expand........calling Americans "shameful" on foreign soil because we have questions and doubt about the screening and background process is not only arrogant from his part but dangerous.

Logic over emotions.

by the way, what is Obama's plan on ISIS, this refugees crisis will get worse and worse if he doesn't put troops on the ground which he refuses on politics....he is the shameful here and arrogant, he never will admit that his soft policies on ISIS has failed.
This forum is a reflection of many diverse opinions ranging from isolationist to expecting the US to take the leadership role and do whatever it takes to destroy ISIS and everything in between.

No matter what Obama does or not, a substantial percentage of the population will not be supportive. There seems to be an expectation that the US can wave a magic wand and put an end to this madness, chop- chop. Film at 11:00. And somehow this can be accomplished without boots on the ground, without increasing taxes, without increasing federal debt and no loss of US life.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
There is still freedom of religion in this country. I have no problem with muslims immigrating to this country either, so long as we can properly background check them and in this case, we cannot.

Freedom of religion is not the same as open borders where we let anyone in whether we can truly determine if they are a threat or not.
You want a religious litmus test to determine who we let into the country. I note that you don't worry about "proper background checks" for Christians, only for Muslims.

It doesn't get any more anti-American than that, no matter how you try to dress it up.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:33 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
It's almost like Ebola all over again....Chickenlittles were heavily critical of Pres Obama's handling of it, said we'd have tens of thousands of deaths.....They never came back and said they were wrong and the Administration might have been right......

It never changes.....And you can't blame the critics. They were defending the GOP from 2000-2008.

GWB got the same treatment from the other side - lots of negativity......looks like this will be the standard from this point forward......but it isn't new.

Even Abe Lincoln received a heavy dose of criticism during his time and he was one of our all-time great president in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies