Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 12:07 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes.

I'm going to tell them that their CULTURE deprives half of their citizens from any freedom, and that their CULTURE has twisted their religious beliefs so that they can justify their abominable behavior.

And I'm going to tell YOU that in your holier-than-thou righteousness, you are ignoring that in the United States we are not all that far from women living as second-class citizens, that we, too have a misogynistic culture. We have made great progress in the past 100 years, and especially in the last 50 years, but we still have a long way to go.
LOL, no really, LMAO

Thanks for the laughs.

good luck telling over a billion people they're practicing their religion wrong

and while you're at it, please learn how to make analogies.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:07 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,570,242 times
Sharia Law sucks and should be banned in every free nation.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,923,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
with all due respect more people got killed world wide for Islamic idology LAST WEEK than all other ideologies combined LAST YEAR.

its pretty much been that way for a very very long time.
With all due respect, more people got killed worldwide for Islamic EXTREMISM last week, and it's not Islam that's the enemy, it's EXTREMISM. EXTREMISM of any brand. EXTREMISM is the enemy.

And it's pretty much been that way for, well, forever.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about Jewish people writing contracts that abide by the tenets of their religion.

And I'm talking about Muslim people writing contracts that abide by the tenets of their religion.

We have no reason to outlaw Muslim people from observing Sharia laws. We have every reason to enforce our secular laws. If someone breaks a secular law, we arrest them and prosecute them for doing so. Christian faith, Jewish faith, Islamic faith, are not justification for breaking laws. But when we target just one faith, we weaken our Constitutional defense against religious-biased laws.
when was the last time a Jewish man was arrested in the US for honor killing his daughter or beheading his wife? it's as if you deliberately want to show everyone you know nothing about making analogies.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:11 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,844,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Our existing laws supercede sharia laws
Are Islamic Honor Killings a Growing Threat in America? Laws... shmaws...does not stop the killing.

4,095 posts, read 2,570,242 times
Quote:
With all due respect, more people got killed worldwide for Islamic EXTREMISM last week, and it's not Islam that's the enemy, it's EXTREMISM. EXTREMISM of any brand. EXTREMISM is the enemy.

And it's pretty much been that way for, well, forever.
Nope you are wrong.

Muhammad himself was one.
Sina's Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
LOL, no really, LMAO

Thanks for the laughs.

good luck telling over a billion people they're practicing their religion wrong

and while you're at it, please learn how to make analogies.
I don't have to tell over a billion people they're practicing their religion wrong. The majority of Muslims in this world aren't EXTREMISTS. But people like YOU, with your attitude and your ignorance, help to create EXTREMISTS.

And while you're at it, please learn how to make analogies. Because mine was perfectly valid. Boo-hoo.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:12 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,411,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
You don't. As soon as we declare war on a religion, we enhance the problem by a thousand times. There are many peaceful countries in the world who's main religion is Islam, or are you convinced that Malaysia and Pakistan are the exact same?

I had tons of friends in Europe who practiced Islam just as peacefully and for the same reasons that Christians do in this country, or Buddhists do in Thailand. The problem is with extremists in certain regions of the world who use it as a platform to create brotherhood and justification for horrific acts of inhumanity.

Until we clearly distinguish between the two, we will not solve the problem.
I agree that you don't declair war on a religion.
I even agree that you don't declare war on a social structure like capitalism or communism or islam.

and no Malaysia and Pakistan are not the same but they are both Islamic nations where their society is structured to one degree or another by the social system known as islam.

I think by recognizing it for what it is, and then working with those forces within islam that seek to transform it into an actual religion... and working to separate out what is and isn't social structure we have a chance of moving the situation to one that is tolerable...

Old 11-17-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Sharia Law sucks and should be banned in every free nation.
Some aspects of Sharia Law suck. I don't care if they don't charge interest on loans. I don't care if they have dietary restrictions. If some aspects of Sharia Law are against the law, then we don't need to pass a religious-biased law. We simply need to enforce our existing law.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I don't have to tell over a billion people they're practicing their religion wrong. The majority of Muslims in this world aren't EXTREMISTS. But people like YOU, with your attitude and your ignorance, help to create EXTREMISTS.

And while you're at it, please learn how to make analogies. Because mine was perfectly valid. Boo-hoo.
for the love of God https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applic...law_by_country

every country on this map follows some form of sharia law. by YOUR definition, that makes them all extremist. Or maybe you really have no idea what sharia law is. maybe you should look it up and stop with these laughable posts of yours. it's a little hard to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies