Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 01:42 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,132,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
It seems disingenuous to say you want to open up a discussion and then pre-dismiss the opinion of anyone who disagrees with you like this.

I don't have a problem with accepting refugees in Pennsylvania, regardless of their race, ethnicity or religion. That doesn't make me ignorant of the fact that there are evil people within any group, but I think the benefits outweigh the negatives. Pennsylvania has a long history of providing an opportunity to people who have been displaced, whether it was the Quakers in the 17th century or the Irish in the 19th century.

What I don't understand is why people find the need to rationalize prejudices instead of just owning them. If people truly believe their position is the right one, then why feel the need to justify it with videos and references and anecdotes? Just say you don't want Muslims here because they are Muslim.
There are tens of thousands homeless veterans, tens of millions on government assistance, and tens of millions out of work and you want to bring in more people from 3rd world countries and 90 percent of them will be on welfare?! Unbelievable!!!!!

Old 11-18-2015, 02:04 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,460,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
There are tens of thousands homeless veterans, tens of millions on government assistance, and tens of millions out of work and you want to bring in more people from 3rd world countries and 90 percent of them will be on welfare?! Unbelievable!!!!!
These people don't care about our citizens. It's obvious. They would rather pamper these "refugees" and earn their merit badges instead of seeing vets or the homeless have homes.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:06 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,239,289 times
Hope they park them in communities of former refugees - composed of Christians driven out of the Middle East by "peace loving" Muslims back in the 20th century.
That should be "very interesting."

Old 11-18-2015, 02:27 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,059 times
Wee if PA sees the crime that Sweden and other places have seen, he will be a 1 term Gov. As it is PA is deep in debt and Wolf wants to raise taxes. Now he wants to add to his citizens burden..

Old 11-18-2015, 04:18 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,729,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Since the post you quoted says nothing about the plight of homeless veterans, I can only assume that you are seeing things. You might want to get that checked out.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Wee if PA sees the crime that Sweden and other places have seen, he will be a 1 term Gov. As it is PA is deep in debt and Wolf wants to raise taxes. Now he wants to add to his citizens burden..
Yep, Tom Wolf said he is going to help the middle by taking more of their money. I'm in PA and this idiot wants to increase the load on the working people and isn't considering safety issue.

Tom Wolf is just hanging on to Obama's coat tails. He's a follower that doesn't have an ounce of sense. Send them to Phili Tom. I'll bet you won't allow them in your neighborhood though.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:37 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,912,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Stupid is as stupid does.
Great! So you watched a movie. Any original thoughts?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:14 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,325,016 times
They say, and when I say They, I'm talking about Washington and the Republicans, that they want better screening put in place.

Can someone please tell me, and I'm serious, please tell me, how can they screen these refugees, when they come over on boats with no paper work, and also, how can they be screened better here, when our own military couldn't know which were terrorists and which were not. Do they think we're stupid?

Also, Wolf is raising our taxes, right? Where is he getting the money to house and feed these people?

Also, I Obama said, the GOP's are afraid of Women and Orphans. So, tell me, didn't a woman strap explosives to herself and blow herself up in the Paris Raid? Orphans? If these kids are Orphans, what did they do, pick the kids up somewhere do that we feel sorry for them, when they hold these little kids up.

I saw a bunch of men, no women, but all men, at a fence, which was put in place to keep them out, holding up little kids, so that they would be left in. I do not want people like that in my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies