Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 03:00 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
When was the last time the KKK committed a crime? Bombed something? Shot someone? Cut off someone's head?

As a Catholic and Christian, I have no problem denouncing everything the KKK stands for.

However, the scream of denouncing islam by the muslims is deafening.....not.

the jihadist is like the KKK maybe different times but the same idea -- part of a larger group that has NOTHING to do with them, as the Westborough baptist church -- total NUT jobs-- but true they are painful but nonviolent. each religion has its history... but not all that belong to that religion is a nut job -- should the president say all Christians are nut jobs because of a few? no more than all Muslims are crazy either. notice the young men- see their pictures-- militants who are getting any-- annihilate them, and let the rest be- they have been here since Abraham
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 05:23 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Interesting contradiction formjosh earnest this am when he said words don't matter,it is actions that count......in defending obama's use of the term setback when he referenced the Paris attacks.

Suddenly the wordsmithing lawyer, great orator, with zero communication ability wants us to believe words don't matter.
"Don't tell me words don't matter!"
- BHO, 2008

Old 11-18-2015, 05:28 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He calls them terrorists. That seems like the right term for them to me.
well, Taliban used to be a terrorist organization, and then Taliban Are Not Terrorists, or So Says the White House. So what is it?

Old 11-18-2015, 05:31 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
President Barack Obama said Wednesday that he refuses to describe the Islamic State and al Qaeda as groups fueled by "radical Islam" because the term grants them a religious legitimacy they don't deserve.

"They are not religious leaders; they are terrorists," Obama said during remarks at a White House event on countering violent extremism. "We are not at war with Islam. We are at war with people who have perverted Islam."

Obama Explains Why He Doesn't Use The Term 'Radical Islam' For Islamic State, Al Qaeda

Gee, it used to be that Conservatives got all faux hot and bothered when they claimed the president wouldn't label these guys as terrorists. He does so, and now Conservatives get all faux hot and bothered because he won't label them as "radical Islamics."

Basically, Conservatives are just perpetually faux hot and bothered.
So did we learn a new word say faux hot bothered put them together and its faux hot and bothered.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:33 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Hey Obama~"Not every Muslim is a terrorist but every terrorist is a Muslim" !

Old 11-18-2015, 05:40 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

Old 11-18-2015, 05:40 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I can tell you who was definitely a Terrorist, a Slaver, a killer and a child molester, it's even in the book he and his followers created. ISIS and others use it as an instructional book on how properly kill, enslave, rape and behead their victims. Other people use the same book and say it's about peace

Why do you think Islam has two swords as one of it's main symbols? Because its peaceful???
Attached Thumbnails
Why won't BO say "radical islam"?-saudi-arabia-hi.jpg  

Old 11-19-2015, 05:56 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Wow, this thread is like a Greatest Hits Compilation of every anti-Obama conspiracy theory we've heard over the past 8 years. Well done, guys!

Old 11-19-2015, 06:07 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Obama avoids using that term because it is exactly what they want to hear. He does not validate their perverse take on religion and is careful not to put people in broad buckets. Conversely when Bush/Cheney went into Iraq, they didn;t even know the difference between sunnis and shiites. They had no clue who the players were.

When idiots condemn Islam broadly, it can inflame moderate Muslims as well. It's a battle for hearts and minds. Making it Islam vs Christianity is the wet-dream for radicals. I'll take careful, measured leadership every time. Can you imagine Trump or Carson as president now? They would wage full on war. And afterwards, the middle-east would be so environmentally degraded that those refugees would be knocking on the doors of western nations tenfold, guaranteeing a permanent schism between the religions. And setting the middle east back further along with the affects of climate change.

I'm hearing way too much Hatfield and McCoy stuff from conservatives especially. It's like they've learned nothing in 15 years since 911!
So, is the solution to just be nice to them? Bow to their wishes and then maybe they won't hate us or try to cut our heads off?

I say, turn the entire middle east into a parking lot or another Disney World controlled by the west. I've lost my patience with muslims.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
So, is the solution to just be nice to them? Bow to their wishes and then maybe they won't hate us or try to cut our heads off?

I say, turn the entire middle east into a parking lot or another Disney World controlled by the west. I've lost my patience with muslims.
Republicans hold both houses of Congress. If they seriously believe they have a better way to deal with ISIS they should pass an Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) bill which would direct President Obama on exactly how they want him to wage war with the Islamic State in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere.

Lay out their plan in a document and send it to the president. Set goals and ways to achieve those goals so we can all see what they are.

But I think we all know the reason why they won't do that. Because they have no answers. And because it's easier to simply complain that president isn't doing enough. Or is doing too much. Or isn't using what conservatives have deemed the "right" words. Or something.

They hold both houses of Congress and the only thing they are capable of doing is complaining. Talk about useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies