Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:02 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well there are Christian Extremists like LRA in Uganda, South Sudan, and surrounding areas. Then there is the NLFT in India. Antibalaka in Central Africa. For years the CRF was a very destructive group in Ireland, then of course there is the Orange Volunteers that are still active today in Northern Ireland. There is the Aryan Nations which is an umbrella group of White Christian Supremacists. We also have the Christian Identity Movement in the US which is another umbrella group.

You just named groups, didn't provide any sources.
Those groups must not being doing much, that there is no news about them.

Any sources-with links.... of 'recent' attacks by them?

Old 11-20-2015, 06:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It's not that many at all. Just the ones that are raised in Islamic Republics, and ones that employ genital mutilation, and the ones that support the Charlie Hebdo and recent Paris attacks. Only half
Only half? Half of what? Half of 1.5 billion people?

Old 11-20-2015, 06:09 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
If you listen to this documentary you will hear what they say with their own mouths!

Read their Qur'an for yourself, and then see what you think!

The Qur'an (Oxford World's Classics) by Muhammad A.S. Abdel Haleem
http://www.amazon.com/Quran-Oxford-W...g=UTF8&qid=&sr=

What the Koran Really Says by Ibn Warraq
What the Koran Really Says - Kindle edition by Ibn Warraq. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
Wait a minute, are you saying that Muslims are radicals because if you don't believe in Islam and Muhammed they belive you're a sinner.

I'm pretty sure Christians love to tell non Christians that if you don't believe in Jesus you will go to hell.

The idea that each religion is the ONLY religion and without it you're doomed in some fashion, is the basis of most world religions.

Also, this film is from 2007, a lot has changed in the world since then.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:14 PM

20,466 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The political survival of the Conservative party (Republican) depends almost entirely on perpetuating FEAR. After all, they have nothing else to sell. Their ideology does NOT sell itself, so they represent pure political TOE JAM. They think American people are stupid enough to believe that only Republicans and Republican presidents know how to deal with organizations such as ISIS. Their strategy is simple:

1) Use Republicans who control Congress to give no support to the President's request to use military force where he determines it is needed, when ISIS makes gains because that request wasn't granted, BLAME THOSE GAINS ON THE PRESIDENT.

2) Perpetuate the false narrative that doomsday is near and that Democrats are unable to prevent it, only Republicans. This in spite of a history which shows that Republicans are as useless as used toilet paper.

I watched this video and one can make the claim that ISIS hates the West just as much as American Conservatives do. Both oppose the American President with an intense irrationality and ignorant stupidity that must violate some law of nature. Conservatives are more dangerous because they're destroying this country from within.

ISIS is a problem, but our President is taking care of this matter to the extent that he can given the atrocious Republican-decimated Congress he is cursed with.
im quoting to use the above as evidence. not to engage in dialogue with this poster. there is no such thing.

30 years ago my dad told me that watch the liberals. whatever they accuse conservatives of, that's exactly what they are doing.

this is classically proof my dad was right.

He said "The political survival of the Conservative party (Republican) depends almost entirely on perpetuating FEAR"

Yet it is the democrats that have said things like
"Republicans want to kill children and old people"
"Republicans want to toss grandma off a cliff"
"Republicans HATE black people"
"They want ya'll back in CHAINS!" (Vice President Joe Biden")
"republicans would have your grandmother eating dogfood."
It is the democrats that have run adds suggesting that George Bush wanted all blacks to get drug to death like James Byrd.

DURING The Battle of Fallujah. WHILE Americans were in the bloodiest battle since Vietnam, Hairy Reid went to the floor of the senate and stated "America has LOST the war in Iraq."

Republicans have a war on women.
Republicans want to take birth control pills away from women
Republicans will force women into back allies for coat hanger abortions.

I could go on and on quoting democrats. Fear is the democrats stock in trade. It is what they do. It is their great ally. Every single day they do two things

They use fear to scare people
They blame republicans for using fear.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You just named groups, didn't provide any sources.
Those groups must not being doing much, that there is no news about them.

Any sources-with links.... of 'recent' attacks by them?
Sorry, I thought you wanted something to research because it is clear to me you have no idea who any of those groups are....well let me hold your hand and help you learn.

Here, this is a good start for you to learn about the LRA.
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/11/13/w...od-390144.html

Old 11-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I thought you wanted something to research because it is clear to me you have no idea who any of those groups are....well let me hold your hand and help you learn.

Here, this is a good start for you to learn about the LRA.
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/11/13/w...od-390144.html

Hmmm only one source/one group... and with no date!

Old 11-20-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Wait a minute, are you saying that Muslims are radicals because if you don't believe in Islam and Muhammed they belive you're a sinner.

I'm pretty sure Christians love to tell non Christians that if you don't believe in Jesus you will go to hell.

The idea that each religion is the ONLY religion and without it you're doomed in some fashion, is the basis of most world religions.

Also, this film is from 2007, a lot has changed in the world since then.

That is why I am an Atheist!

And yes, things are much, much worse than when this film was made!

Old 11-20-2015, 06:26 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Only half? Half of what? Half of 1.5 billion people?
Lets see?
about 200 million in the repressive Islamic Republics.
Indonisia, Malaysia, Somalia, Egypt, Guinea employ Female genital mutilation on over 90% of their women. Mauritania, Chad and the Sudan employ slavery as if it were 200 years ago. Throw in the Islamists that are currently in Europe, Australia and the US.

750 million screwed up Muslims? Yep, that's about right

If this wasn't so true it would be funny.

These people created these countries and these conditions where ever they went. You think they are going to stop because we are the United States. They were screwing up every where they went for more than a thousand years before we were here.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Educate yourself if you want......

Old 11-20-2015, 06:33 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Here's a few more Christian groups to add to the list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Quote:
Educate yourself if you want......
Yeah, what you said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies