Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:44 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Here's a few more Christian groups to add to the list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Yeah, what you said

Well, since that list does not specify which groups are Christian, it is useless.

Besides, as I said they sure aren't making any news, now are they?

I'm off to watch some Brit TV.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:24 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,860 times
[quote=LexusNexus;42011167]The political survival of the Conservative party (Republican) depends almost entirely on perpetuating FEAR. After all, they have nothing else to sell. Their ideology does NOT sell itself, so they represent pure political TOE JAM. They think American people are stupid enough to believe that only Republicans and Republican presidents know how to deal with organizations such as ISIS. Their strategy is simple:

Many voters are so gullible that they binge drink the Kool Aid. In the lead up to the 2004 election, Bush and his ilk kept upping the The Terror Warning Alert System. The FEAR strategy works really well for Republicans.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:30 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75
Its estimated that between 5-25% are radicalized. Even if its only 5% out of 1.5 BILLION, do the math, thats 75 million...more than the population of most countries. Even if you went down to 2.5%, thats 37 MILLION. Most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists are Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Really? I would love to see the methodology that went into this percentage you are saying. Of course one could argue how many Americans out of all Americans are going to commit a violent crime, and you would come to the same conclusion.
Here is the theory;

1. DNA wise all humans are potentially beasts [evil] and suppressed with fragile inhibitors.
2. Re Normal Curve Distribution a percentile of 20% are likely to be beastly with loose inhibitors.

3. Thus it is normal to have 20% of Muslims, i.e. 300 million [1.5 b x 20%] who are evil prone around the world.
In most surveys of Muslims an average of 40% approve of terror against non-Muslims.
See the various polls here;
Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth
So 20% is a conservative estimate.

4. More that 55% of the 6,236 verses in the Quran contain evil elements of contempt [in various degrees] against non-Muslims, the infidels, kuffar, kafirs. [I am very familiar with the Quran and have done reasonable research on this matter.]

What is most dangerous is when element 3 combine with element 4 to manifest terrible evils and violence committed onto non-Muslims.

I am not saying all the 300 million Muslims will commit terror but it is a very highly pool of potential evils and violence. It only took 18++ to do a 911, even lone wolves can create terrible havoc and horrors to the innocent non-Muslims. So a potential pool of 300 million evil prone Muslims around the world is a very frightening number.

The point is the above terror and evil are not mere speculation but have been happening since Islam emerged till the present.

Therefore as long as Islam exists, the default elements 3 & 4 will always exist to generate terrible evils and violence on non-Muslims and even other Muslims.

What is critical is humanity and Muslims themselves must understand and acknowledge Islam is equally good and inherently evil at the same time. Humanity will not be able to resolve Islamic-based violence until a critical mass recognize this fact.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:32 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,305,472 times
Radical jihadist Muslim account for about 15-25% of all Muslims. While that's a significant %, it at most about 1 in ever 4, so most Muslims are not jihadists bent on destroying the West.

It's sad and scary how many delusional people are so willing to vilify and entire group of people based on the actions and attitudes of a minority, albeit a significant minority. Prejudice a-holes.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:46 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet the Bible says the same kind of idiotic things, why not say all religions? Why aren't you concerned about extremists from all religious groups?
I don't know... might it be because all of the murdering terrorists these days are yelling "allahu akbar" rather than "praise Jesus" or "hail Buddha" or "this is for Vishnu!"

Old 11-20-2015, 07:49 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
It's sad and scary how many delusional people are so willing to vilify and entire group of people based on the actions and attitudes of a minority, albeit a significant minority. Prejudice a-holes.
So kind of like Obama using what a few guys said to insinuate half of America is shameful. And while on foreign soil with all the world waching at that.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:43 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Radical jihadist Muslim account for about 15-25% of all Muslims. While that's a significant %, it at most about 1 in ever 4, so most Muslims are not jihadists bent on destroying the West.

While most humans has the instinctual habit to generalize [a fallacy if no proofs], I don't think they ever think the entire group of Muslims are jihadists.

Usually is it due to an instinctual habit, convenience and laziness that many do not quality their variables when they speak of 'whites' 'blacks' women, men, 'Muslims' 'Christians' 'atheists' etc. with 'some,' 'a few' 'not all.' In actuality, even when most seem to generalize they do not really meant 'all.' If some one condemn women negatively surely they do not intend that to be applicable to their mother, sisters, aunts and female friends who they know very well are not negative.

1. What is critical is this discussion is Islam-in-part is inherently evil which inspire SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence on non-Muslims. This is a reality and it is glaringly evident since to past to the present.

2. Another critical point in addition to 1 is the numbers involved, i.e. 1.5 billion Muslims around the world. Even if 1% that is 15 million and it only need a few Muslims to cause terrible evils around the world.

3. Thus the very existence of Islam itself is a cause for worry.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
1 hour and 17 minutes.. I'll pass...

Old 11-20-2015, 11:02 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Well, since that list does not specify which groups are Christian, it is useless.

Besides, as I said they sure aren't making any news, now are they?

I'm off to watch some Brit TV.
The list is 95% Islamic terror is groups, that's the sarcasm

Old 11-20-2015, 11:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I don't know... might it be because all of the murdering terrorists these days are yelling "allahu akbar" rather than "praise Jesus" or "hail Buddha" or "this is for Vishnu!"
Or maybe it is all the news is reporting to you because they want you to stay focused on one specific general enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies