Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 08:10 PM

922 posts, read 807,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Why would China marginalize them? What can China government gain from that? Are Chinese people evil in nature or something? Quite the opposite.

The truth is Uyghurs don't allow their children to marry Han Chinese, even if they are in love. The government even rewards mixed families with money to encourage interracial marriage.
If a Han Chinese marries a Uyghur, she or he (rare) will be forced to convert to Islam and wash their intestine because they "ate dirty food". Their children will be insulted by Uyghurs and face harsh discrimination. Such families often have to move to big cities to avoid negative attitudes.

BS, there has been and is very little intermarriage, the Han and the Uyghurs don't even speak the same language. Most Han Chinese don't even give a damn about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 09:36 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Chinese police shoot dead 28 from 'terrorist group'

Chinese police have killed 28 members of a "terrorist group" in the mainly Muslim Xinjiang region, authorities announced Friday.

The killings took place over the course of a 56-day manhunt following an attack on a colliery in Aksu in September that left 16 people dead, said the Xinjiang regional government's Tianshan web portal. One "thug" surrendered, it added.
Obama must be really pissed.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:41 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
BS, there has been and is very little intermarriage, the Han and the Uyghurs don't even speak the same language. Most Han Chinese don't even give a damn about them.

Many Uyghurs left their hometowns and went into the cities to make a living. There was a riot in a factory that employed both Han ad Uyghurs several years ago. So we know that Uyghurs are working/living side by side with Han Chinese. May not be a lot of them, but enough to have caused a racially motivated riot by Han against the Uyghurs in a city far away from their base.

So it's likely that some Uyghurs do know how to speak Chinese (otherwise I assume they wouldn't be hired) or at least speak it well enough to be working in factories.

So if they're living side by side, it does not sound impossible that some of them would fall in love.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Obama must be really pissed.

I know right, too bad we can't do that to the GOP terrorists in this country.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:57 PM

922 posts, read 807,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Many Uyghurs left their hometowns and went into the cities to make a living. There was a riot in a factory that employed both Han ad Uyghurs several years ago. So we know that Uyghurs are working/living side by side with Han Chinese. May not be a lot of them, but enough to have caused a racially motivated riot by Han against the Uyghurs in a city far away from their base.

So it's likely that some Uyghurs do know how to speak Chinese (otherwise I assume they wouldn't be hired) or at least speak it well enough to be working in factories.

So if they're living side by side, it does not sound impossible that some of them would fall in love.
My my such naivete, come to China and see for yourself, Han Chinese frequently look down on them, hell the Shanghainese look down on everyone outside of Shanghai.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:54 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
Quote:
I told you interracial marriage is very rare because Uyghurs do not allow it.

Most Han Chinese do not care where their spouse is from but Uyghurs do care. A lot of Chinese married Manchus, Mongols and so on, but not the Muslims.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
My my such naivete, come to China and see for yourself, Han Chinese frequently look down on them, hell the Shanghainese look down on everyone outside of Shanghai.
If you really live in China, how can you make a mistake to say Uyghurs cannot speak Chinese? The truth is all young Uyghurs speak Chinese to some extent because Chinese is required in all schools. All educated Uyghurs speak fluent Chinese.

Also, you should have known why some people in east China do not like Uyghurs: because there have been to many scammers and thieves from there, and the police do not want to bother them. Heard of qiegao (the very expensive candy that worth a European car)?

I guess you chose to report partial information due to your agenda.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Similarity, much of our history, Whites look down on Blacks. The civil rights Act wasn't passed until 1964.

Yet, in 1961 a white woman married a black man, and they fathered a son who went on to become our president.

You were saying?

Old 11-28-2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Similarity, much of our history, Whites look down on Blacks. The civil rights Act wasn't passed until 1964.

Yet, in 1961 a white woman married a black man, and they fathered a son who went on to become our president.

You were saying?
And actually Han Chinese often say Uyghurs are beautiful (both men and women). The barrier is Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies