Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 03:42 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,325 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't it be a good idea if many Americans were to help curb Federal government's overreach by claiming exempt and donate the money to one of the donation centers for the humanitarian crisis in Iraq and rebuild/restabilize our foreign policy and image abroad?

Is Exxon or any of the oil companies operation in that area donating/giving back to the Iraqi people?

There is a serious humanitarian crisis in Iraq.

So, in short, let's claim exempt on on the income tax and donate all or some of the money to the charity aimed to help the people in Iraq.

Talk about killing a few birds with one stone.

I think we Americans owe it to ourselves to do something of the nature to show the world we can govern ourselves, not Uncle Sam and its cronies.

There is a donation organization doing just that in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Once i find the link, i'll post it up on here. If anyone else knows of one such donation organization, feel free to post/paste it here.

Your thoughts??

B.G.F.

Last edited by Blue Grass Fever; 02-02-2008 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Wouldn't it be a good idea if many Americans were to help curb Federal government's overreach by claiming exempt and donate the money to one of the donation centers for the humanitarian crisis in Iraq and rebuild/restabilize our foreign policy and image abroad?

Is Exxon or any of the oil companies operation in that area donating/giving back to the Iraqi people?

There is a serious humanitarian crisis in Iraq.

So, in short, let's claim exempt on on the income tax and donate all or some of the money to the charity to help the people in Iraq.

Talk about killing a few birds with one stone.

I think we Americans owe it to ourselves to do something of the nature to show the world we can govern ourselves, not Uncle Sam and its cronies.

There is a donation organization doing just that in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Once i find the link, i'll post it up on here. If anyone else knows of one such donation organization, feel free to post/paste it here.

Your thoughts??

B.G.F.

While I feel very sorry for the common people of Iraq I HAVE given....I'm sorry it wasn't spent well by the U.S. or the military but it was my money. I really wish more of my taxes went to AMERICANS who need it.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:53 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
I understand and appluad your concern but there is a huge Humaniterian crises in Darfur and Somlia and a dozen other places around the world. In many other countrys they kill homosexuals and subjugate\abuse their women with impunity. Right here in the US we have teribble infant mortality rates and homeless and starveing people...My point is where should we start first........

Old 02-03-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
My point is where should we start first........
I just laid out a good place to start.

Still looking for that link.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:12 PM

Here's a article to be wary when donating...Iraq Relief Charities (http://www.justgive.org/html/news/iraq_relief.html - broken link)

Here's another one with many listings to donate, volunteer and just to seek more info...Network for Good :: Iraq
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies