Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 09:05 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meow667 View Post
Link?
Here you go:

Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting: Shooting reported near Colorado Planned Parenthood - POLITICO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 09:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Those statements have not been confirmed.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Happy to oblige.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You realize that goes both ways, right? It's pretty obvious that you need to believe that Dear's motives had nothing to do with the politics of PP.
Quote:
Do you deny that by claiming that I "need to believe that Dear's motives had nothing to do with the politics of PP" that you weren't implying that his motives did have something to do with said politics?
Wow. That's a paranoid reading.

You really need to go back and read through our exchange. You are conflating my suggestion about the intention behind your posts with the intention behind Dear's actions. I've said nothing about the latter, which is why you can't produce a quote where I stated what Dear's motivations were. You, on the other hand, are doing what you are accusing others of doing--jumping to conclusions about Dear's motivations, which you clearly want to be anything not having to do with the politics of PP. If you were impartial toward the possible intentions behind Dear's actions, you wouldn't even be able to jump from a real critique of the intention behind your posts to an imaginary critique of the intention behind Dear's actions. That's just weird frankly.

Last edited by helenejen; 11-28-2015 at 09:29 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 09:27 PM

138 posts, read 93,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wow. Now you are you just acting paranoid.

You really need to go back and read through our exchange. You are conflating my suggestion about the intention behind your posts with the intention behind Dear's actions. I've said nothing about the latter, which is why you can't produce a quote where I stated what Dear's motivations were. You, on the other hand, are doing what you are accusing others of doing--jumping to conclusions about Dear's motivations, which you clearly want to be anything not having to do with the politics of PP. If you were impartial toward the possible intentions behind Dear's actions, you wouldn't even be able to jump from a critique of the intention behind your posts to a critique of the intention behind Dear's actions. That's just weird frankly.
Why would you even mention the politics of PP in connection with this discussion if you did not mean to imply that was the motive of Mr. Dear? Do you not realize that most thinking people will see your post as damage control? You have made it abundantly clear what motive you think Mr. Dear had, why not come out and say it?

Old 11-28-2015, 09:42 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Why would you even mention the politics of PP in connection with this discussion if you did not mean to imply that was the motive of Mr. Dear?
You were the one to initially bring up political ideology not me:

Quote:
What was Dear's political ideology, and how do you no so much when no one else does?
I haven't suggested anything about Dear. You, on the other hand, suggested this:

Quote:
What group was that? I don't recall him being part of any group, he was a lone nut that went off the deep end.
Once again, you--not me--are giving motivations to Dear's actions.

Quote:
Do you not realize that most thinking people will see your post as damage control? You have made it abundantly clear what motive you think Mr. Dear had, why not come out and say it?
Unfortunately you are making this up in your head and my posts suggest nothing that you are attributing to them. I have offered no opinion on Dear's motives. Sorry. I understand you are new here but you want to try and stick to what people actually write and critique that, not the things they didn't write.

Last edited by helenejen; 11-28-2015 at 09:56 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 11:16 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
As far as political persuasion in relation to this act... it is highly likely to be religious conservative. Who else goes and shoots up abortion clinics... pro choicers? Please. Let's not act so conveniently dense about this. There is a clear and well-known ideological bent to this, as opposed to the random loon who goes and shoots up a movie theater.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About 'No More Baby Parts': Sources - NBC News

Old 11-29-2015, 04:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
As far as political persuasion in relation to this act... it is highly likely to be religious conservative. Who else goes and shoots up abortion clinics... pro choicers? Please. Let's not act so conveniently dense about this. There is a clear and well-known ideological bent to this, as opposed to the random loon who goes and shoots up a movie theater.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About 'No More Baby Parts': Sources - NBC News
Those who knew him said he "seemed to have few religious or political leanings." So much for your attempt to tie this to Pro-Life Christians.

Watch over your shoulder for those radical pro-lifers who are shooting up abortion clinics everywhere.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:06 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Driving from NC to Colorado to shoot up a PP Clinic makes no sense, wasn't there one in his home state. Sure seems like he is mentally ill.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
His "no more baby parts" comment shows the attack was politically motivated. Some suggest he is Christian but Christians do not do things like this, politically motivated nutcases do things like this. Clearly he had some mental problems.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:44 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
His "no more baby parts" comment shows the attack was politically motivated. Some suggest he is Christian but Christians do not do things like this, politically motivated nutcases do things like this. Clearly he had some mental problems.
This is where the heightened rhetoric from the GOP comes into play along with the anti-PP sentiment including the constant congressional oversight. It's one thing to oppose abortion it's quite another to make up unsubstantiated lies to drive people into a frenzy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies