Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 12:15 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I am not the one who brought up Vietnam. It seems you are often confused, even for things that happen within this thread.

For the record, meow667 was trying to make an anology, I think it's fine for him to bring up Vietnam.

Between you and golimar it's easy to get confused. Cut from the same cloth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 11:13 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
What kind of strawman nonsense is this? First of all, a hostage situation is different from willingly joining a gang. Do you know that a lot of gangs are considered extremist organizations by the FBI? You ever heard of the Aryan Nation? They're extremists that happen to be in a gang. ISIS is an extremist organization that is run much like a criminal organization, or "gang". Have you ever been to any country in the ME? My guess is no.
ISIS is also the government. That means people who are living there don't really have a choice whether to "join" ISIS. ISIS is just there, muscled in and running things.

Contrast that to the Aryan Nation, where one does have a choice whether to join or not. Aryan Nation and ISIS are two very different entity with very different model, and to compare them is why your analogy is off.

Quote:
I've seen numerous times where entire villages are "taken hostage" by a group of no more than 10 men. How is this possible when everyone there has guns? Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, they weren't taken hostage but instead willingly joined.
The reports out of the region universally said that some people love ISIS, some are neutral, some absolutely despised them.

Quote:
Here's a short story for you: last time I was deployed, we had a program set up to stop the farming/sales of opium and marijuana. We gave the farmers alternative crops to grow and that were ideal for that atmosphere. What did the farmers do? Keep growing the drugs AND the crops we gave them so that they could double dip in the profits.
Yes, I've read about that. And I'm not sure what this story has to do with our topic. It seems the farmers are motivated more with making money than serving a terrorist cause.

Quote:
I don't know how many times I've personally witnessed my unit giving the village elders arms and ammunition to defend themselves and their villages against (insert terrorist group here), only to go on patrol a week later and get shot at with the same weapons we just distributed because the elders sold them to (insert terrorist group here) and kept the AK-47s and RPGs that they already had. You need to understand the situation over there before you comment about stabilization efforts.

So the solution is to kill everybody who could be associated with terrorists?

Old 12-03-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Between you and golimar it's easy to get confused. Cut from the same cloth.
With you, it's always somebody else's fault isn't it?

Good day.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:22 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
With you, it's always somebody else's fault isn't it?

Good day.

Yes. And the fault is YOURS.

El Nox

Old 12-05-2015, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Yes. And the fault is YOURS.

El Nox
It's MY fault that he confused me with another poster??

What should I have done? Used a more distinct screen name?? Sign every post with a "I am not golima"??

Why me? Why not blame this one on Obama too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies