Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 09:41 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times

Advertisements

I agree with we needing cops. We only need the good ones who care about and are engaged with the community they serve. Just as with White officers, there are also good and bad Black officers. We all know that.

The statements that the peaceful protester made are a reflection of why more Blacks don't want to become cops. The Police has never been recognized as respectable in some mostly Black communities. I can remember growing up near Ferguson and having issues with LE that my White friends never had. Its nothing new. The problem is we never fought the fight as a result it has been allowed to marinade and now with social media and cameras, we cant hide from it. The Millenials are willing to stand up and be heard.

I remember last year when the St. Louis Rams came out with their hands up stance to protest the Michael Brown shooting and the way it was handled by LE, the Black Police Officers association stood behind the protesters with written statements that went against the statements the police union released. I thought that was very brave of them.

LE needs to brake their code of silence when it comes to their no snitching on the bad officers and expose cover ups like what you see in Chicago and what is coming out in St. Louis. This is the purpose of BLM is to expose the issue and there is much good thats going to come from this. Its going to take a while to destroy the old and rebuild a culture that gets respect from the communities they serve. Im sure you will have a lot more good people of all races want to step up to the plate and join LE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 09:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Poor fella.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:49 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
As a black police officer (LAPD from the 70's through the 90's), I can't tell you how many names I was called and how many insults I heard from other black people. I heard it far more often from them than I did whites. I have no respect for this group or these people.
If you don't have the same monolithic mindset and think independently, then you're a sell out no matter what. It's ridiculous, and I deal with the same insults every time I challenge someone's logic. You're right too; black often use worse insults against each other than whites ever do. If white people called me some of the things that fellow blacks have previously called me, I'd be ready to throw blows.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
If you don't have the same monolithic mindset and think independently, then you're a sell out no matter what. It's ridiculous, and I deal with the same insults every time I challenge someone's logic. You're right too; black often use worse insults against each other than whites ever do. If white people called me some of the things that fellow blacks have previously called me, I'd be ready to throw blows.
Lol...why didn't you throw blows when the black folks said it?

Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Many blacks call black cops uncle Toms and traitors, but at the same time the people of Furgeson complained that there is an imbalance of black/white cops.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:45 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Many blacks call black cops uncle Toms and traitors, but at the same time the people of Furgeson complained that there is an imbalance of black/white cops.
I am Black and never called a Black cop an uncle Tom nor have any of my friends.

I am very familiar with Ferguson and I would like to know what people you've talked to. Most of what I am hearing is people from Ferguson both Black and White want reform and fairness and leave them alone.

Do us all a favor and stop telling people what Black folks think and what goes on in Ferguson.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
As a black police officer (LAPD from the 70's through the 90's), I can't tell you how many names I was called and how many insults I heard from other black people. I heard it far more often from them than I did whites. I have no respect for this group or these people.

Thank You for your service, it is most appreciated. My husband at that time, knew a lot of the LAPD officers, his company at that time had the vending in the early days.

He was in there every week at that time, and knew so many officers who worked for the LAPD.

I do not care about your race, your human, thank you for your service period. I find those who call insults to you no matter who they are, noted as ignorant.

I have no respect for any group of people who show hatred and are ignorant.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:01 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,769 times
Ferguson struggles to hire black cops

Ferguson Protesters Harass Black Police

http://grandmotherafrica.com/ferguso...re-black-cops/

Old 11-30-2015, 11:15 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times
What a lovely lady. If she went out and tried to get a job any wonder why no one would hire her? How much is welfare paying her by the hour to stand around and throw insults at someone who actually works for a living and is being paid to protect the likes of her.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I am Black and never called a Black cop an uncle Tom nor have any of my friends.

I am very familiar with Ferguson and I would like to know what people you've talked to. Most of what I am hearing is people from Ferguson both Black and White want reform and fairness and leave them alone.

Do us all a favor and stop telling people what Black folks think and what goes on in Ferguson.

Stop telling people what black folk think and whats going on in Ferguson.

TIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies