Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 04:43 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Hey Bob,
Did you know that more people die in the U.S. as a result of drunk driving than are murdered with firearms? Maybe we ought to look into reinstating Prohibition?

Again deflection of the subject at hand.
I think you are on the loosing side of this debate.
You and the rest of the gun people don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to taking positive steps to address the problems that guns are causing in this country.

Rather than indulging in constructive actions and solutions to protect innocent people from the carnage caused by these guns, you only care about your own asses, and your misguided right to own them.
That in and of itself is not only selfish, but down right disgusting.
This is why people like me are in the forefront to get guns removed from society.

We feel gun owners are doing nothing.
We feel politicians are doing nothing.
Still the carnage continues to the point where some of us feel the only right thing to do is confiscate the guns, and abolish the law that states it is within the law to own one.
Obviously that law needs to be looked at, and changed to reflect the times we are now live in.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 04:48 PM

188 posts, read 103,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With but one more senseless killing of innocent people, the best new this nation could hear is that congress has formed an exploratory committee to justify repeal of the second amendment.
That would be a start for this troubled country.

Bob.
The beginning of the End.

It wouldn't take the power-mongers in DC a New York minute to shred the rest of the Constitution and institute Tyranny.

Let people so much wiser than yourself be your counsel. They have been there and done that, you haven't. They have great worldly wisdom and judgement, you haven't.

Better to follow the lead of your betters than fall into the dust-bin of liberty-less meat-bags.

Listen to, and follow, the Founders.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:48 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Foolhardy response since Cars are meant to transport people unlike Guns and their narrow purpose.

The Darwinism award goes too?
You know cops use patrol cars as weapons sometimes, right?

Old 12-03-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
At this point I'm just curious how you would feel if your way was ever implemented, just for the say-so. Guns are now out of society, no law abiding citizens own any. Guns now replace the drug trade as the main money maker and get smuggled in across our borders and sold to evil-doers. Guns are also now made in basements by evil-doers. Now all the criminals and all the society haters that have them now know, that other than law enforcement, they have no competition out there. They can break into houses or buildings and have the freedom of no resistance.

Hundreds of innocent people die because no one can defend themselves, as well as defend others.

In your own words, "how would you feel then?"

Obviously you failed to read the post that mentioned life in prison without parole for ANYONE having a gun, regardless of how they acquired it.
I made particular mention to not only the black market, but home made in basements ,or purchasing via the internet.
If you don't think a life sentence without parole would be a deterrent, then you are living on a different planet than the rest of us.

Bob.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:00 PM

188 posts, read 103,185 times
Quote:
Obviously you failed to read the post that mentioned life in prison without parole for ANYONE having a gun, regardless of how they acquired it.
I made particular mention to not only the black market, but home made in basements ,or purchasing via the internet.
If you don't think a life sentence without parole would be a deterrent, then you are living on a different planet than the rest of us.

Bob.
That is pure, unadulterated lunacy. An American would never make such a proposal - not one who has even a clue of what makes America Great.

I propose immediate lifelong incarceration for anyone uttering anything like what your propose. Immediate, and permanent - 1st Amendment, be damned. Good for the Goose, good for the Gander.

Last edited by Piccadilly Lily; 12-03-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-03-2015, 05:01 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
Quote:
With but one more senseless killing of innocent people, the best new this nation could hear is that congress has formed an exploratory committee to justify repeal of the second amendment.
That would be a start for this troubled country.

Bob.
I think Queen Hillary should jump all over that idea. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
That's just ignorant but it's good too because it will pretty much destroy the Dumbocrats.

I couldn't care less about the democrats, or for that matter the republicans, of which I am a member.
I care about saving innocent lives, and the best way to do that is to rid the nation of what it is that is killing them, and that is the guns.

I know that is not a popular view among republicans, but in this case I am thinking of senseless killing of innocent people, not my party.

It seems today some are concerned with black lives matter.
I say ALL lives matter, and if there is a way to rid this country of one of the devices used to kill, rather than prolong all lives, I am strongly in favor of it, and in this case it is doing away with the warped idea of one's right to own a firearm.

The times we now live in dictate we can no longer live by archaic rules and laws.
We are living in the twenty first century, and not only should not, but can not, live by rules adopted well over two hundred years ago.

Bob.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Hear that, murderers and robbers? You'll need to find a more lawful way to commit your crimes.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
No matter how you try to gloss over it, that "projectile" is a killing object, and that is it's main purpose of it in the first place.

Bob.
Main purpose of a knife is to cut throats.

I can play your game too.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
You DO recall that he civil rights act of 1866 amended the constitution don't you?
All amendments can be repealed.
Slavery, up until the passing of the act of 1866 was a given right, protected by the constitution because slaves were not considered citizens of this country.

If enough officials, and states agreed to repeal the 2nd, it would be done, and successfully, and there would be noting you, or the rest of the gun people could do about it.
That is a fact, like it or not.

Bob.
Any politicians that try that will watch the quick and very painful death of their political career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies