Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Are you..insert word you like... That is a danger or obnoxious to the general welfare of all... All being the bell shaped curve

Then yes.. Your rights may be infringed upon...

Do your rights trump all others?

Yes... My rights trump all others!! This nation was based upon the individual(me) not the collective(you)
What value do you bring to me? Why should I make a sacrifice for you, when you bring me no value?

Your general welfare depends on you the individual. It is not up to the collective to make that choice for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"License" ....when the government takes your rights away and sells them back to you.

Liberty has been taken and sold back to us for a fee..... As a privilege, the government will only allow, for a price.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:56 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Liberty has been taken and sold back to us for a fee..... As a privilege, the government will only allow, for a price.
Did you think running a country is free? No liberties have been taken or sold back to you. Maybe you should calm down and go for a walk, some fresh air would be good for you.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Did you think running a country is free? No liberties have been taken or sold back to you. Maybe you should calm down and go for a walk, some fresh air would be good for you.

It got personal, eh?

We no longer have a 1st amendment. We must now ask for the privilege and pay a fee.
We no longer have the 2nd amendment. We must now ask for the privilege and pay a fee.
We no longer have the 4th amendment. We must ask for it back and pay a fee.
We no longer have the 5th amendment. We must ask for it back and pay a fee after you have indicted yourself.
There is no 9th or 10th amendments, as the Welfare clause has been interpreted to be what they think it should be not what is written.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
It got personal, eh?

We no longer have a 1st amendment. We must now ask for the privilege and pay a fee.
We no longer have the 2nd amendment. We must now ask for the privilege and pay a fee.
We no longer have the 5th amendment. We must ask for it back and pay a fee after you have indicted yourself.
There is no 9th or 10th amendments, as the Welfare clause has been interpreted to be what they think it should be not what is written.
Well it is your weekly rant, so you made it personal from the beginning because you don't speak for the rest of us.

Last I checked, the 1st amendment still exists, not sure why you are paying a fee for your first amendment because I am not.

Heck, none of the amendments have a fee, so I don't know who is ripping you off, but you should stop paying them because no one else is paying amendment fees.

And last time I checked, the 9th and 10th Amendments still exist, granted there are things that are above those amendments that I am sure upset you.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Well it is your weekly rant, so you made it personal from the beginning because you don't speak for the rest of us.

Last I checked, the 1st amendment still exists, not sure why you are paying a fee for your first amendment because I am not.

Heck, none of the amendments have a fee, so I don't know who is ripping you off, but you should stop paying them because no one else is paying amendment fees.

And last time I checked, the 9th and 10th Amendments still exist, granted there are things that are above those amendments that I am sure upset you.

Why so emotional, to get so personal? Is this some defensive mechanism, when ones own mind fails to find the intellect to discuss the actual issue. Why create a personal war, when the trouble seems to be the subject.

Funny how it was demanded I was personally wrong, but never asked to expand on my evidence on how. Like the truth isn't important. Only the personal hatred.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Why so emotional, to get so personal? Is this some defensive mechanism, when ones own mind fails to find the intellect to discuss the actual issue. Why create a personal war, when the trouble seems to be the subject.

Funny how it was demanded I was personally wrong, but never asked to expand on my evidence on how. Like the truth isn't important. Only the personal hatred.
We don't pay fees for amendments, we have all of them to use free of charge. I say you are wrong because there is no factual information to back up your claims. Maybe you could present some of these facts that you claim make you right? I'll wait, this is your ranting blog after all.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
We don't pay fees for amendments, we have all of them to use free of charge. I say you are wrong because there is no factual information to back up your claims. Maybe you could present some of these facts that you claim make you right? I'll wait, this is your ranting blog after all.
No need to make it personal and start a war...
There are fees to exercise our 1st amendment. We have to ask permission and pay for our right to protest, or preach, drawing a crowd to hear our words, comes at a price government demands you pay or be oppressed and incarcerated.

There are numerous fees to exercise our 2nd amendment. We have to pay and ask permission, to buy a newly made weapon, from a person that has a wide selection for sale.
Then if we wish to carry that weapon, we must ask for permission and pay to be able to have the weapon on us at all times. Then if you wish to have a rapid fire or long range weapon, you must ask permission and pay for the privilege. All on an amendment that say people... Not citizen, not people age 18-21 or older, not non-criminals.... It says We The People have the right to a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There is no privacy from government intrusion into anyones life.

Try and plead the 5th, unless you work for the government. Incarceration is hastely performed until you cough it up.
The 9th that protects the 10th, has been brushed aside, for the all encompassing general welfare clause

Last edited by BentBow; 05-23-2016 at 11:59 AM..

Old 05-23-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
There are fees to exercise our 1st amendment. We have to ask permission and pay for our right to protest, or preach, drawing a crowd to hear our words, comes at a price government demands you pay or be oppressed and incarcerated.

There are numerous fees to exercise our 2nd amendment. We have to pay and ask permission, to buy a newly made weapon, from a person that has a wide selection for sale.
Then if we wish to carry that weapon, we must ask for permission and pay to be able to have the weapon on us at all times. Then if you wish to have a rapid fire or long range weapon, you must ask permission and pay for the privilege. All on an amendment that say people... Not citizen, not people age 18-21 or older, not non-criminals.... It says We The People have the right to a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There is no privacy from government intrusion into anyones life.

Try and plead the 5th, unless you work for the government. Incarceration is hastely performed until you cough it up.
The 9th that protects the 10th, has been brushed aside, for the all encompassing general welfare clause
Well then I guess it is time for "us" to either have a revolution or stop paying all those "fees." And nothing is stopping "us" from standing on a corner preaching to people, I remember in college listening to this guy in the square read out loud from his own bible he wrote. "We" could always do that if "we" want.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Well then I guess it is time for "us" to either have a revolution or stop paying all those "fees." And nothing is stopping "us" from standing on a corner preaching to people, I remember in college listening to this guy in the square read out loud from his own bible he wrote. "We" could always do that if "we" want.

That sounds like irrational behavior, if reasoning with the truth can change governments overreach without violence. Civil disobedience in masses has a way of changing oppressive policy. The truth must be told and reasoned with, rationally and not emotionally to get the the only solution to correct it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies