Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 04:07 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who gave my rights away? Rights that were given to me by no man?

That man and those there to carryout his will, better be willing and fully prepared, to meet my creator that gave them to me.

Remember...... your freedom, will never be free.
That is why freedom is so scary to the over protected.
Worse... they are going to take your freedoms away in exchange for an empty promise of safety which they ultimately cannot deliver on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 04:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Wow! This thread is a perfect example of why we are where we are today. A divided country of patriots and ignorance on a road to Perdition with no apparent way to fix things short of eventual bloodshed. I lament for the younger folks who are growing up without a notion of what freedom is.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:26 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Or those of an age that are afraid of their own shadows and cannot deal with the fear without all this nonsense about losing things not owned.

You've never been free to do what you "wish", never.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:30 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
There is freedom in isolation and in anonymity. But in a crowded modern society? Pure fantasy to think you'll get to play out your cowboy (or Indian ) fantasies.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:52 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Wow! This thread is a perfect example of why we are where we are today. A divided country of patriots and ignorance on a road to Perdition with no apparent way to fix things short of eventual bloodshed. I lament for the younger folks who are growing up without a notion of what freedom is.
Actually, it's a land of two overpopulated, wacky and culturally bankrupt coasts imposing their ideas on how to fix problems that hardly exist or are even outright irrelevant throughout most of the 2000 or so miles of country between them.

Somone in New York or San Francisco has no business telling someone in Wyoming or Kentucky what type of gun they can or cannot own. The current set of rules (states and cities make their own additional restrictions) is as good and balanced as it gets.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:23 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
And the freedom to discriminate is a right too. It does not violate your rights you're free to go and obtain service from other providers who do not share the same discrimination policies. You may have a right to service, but you do not have a right to be serviced by any specific service provider.
And in the instances where there are no other providers as is the case in many rural areas?

Old 12-24-2015, 10:11 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
And in the instances where there are no other providers as is the case in many rural areas?
There are always other providers, they may not be convenient, but you do not have the right to convenience.

I happen to live in a rural area, there are two stores within 150 miles of me. How much do you want to bet that people who go there are on their best behavior when they go? How much do you want to bet if someone came in laying down the "law" demanding service they'd get the bums rush and wind up getting everything they need from Fairbanks, and never being able to pick up emergency supplies at the local stores?

Good rule of thumb is to live by Wheatons Law.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:17 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
And we're back to "freedom to discriminate".

Sorry folks. The Civil Rights Act is the law of the land.

Don't like that? I see no reason why I should care

Old 12-24-2015, 10:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
There is freedom in isolation and in anonymity. But in a crowded modern society? Pure fantasy to think you'll get to play out your cowboy (or Indian ) fantasies.
This kind of thinking is fallacy.

Self-ownership and human interaction are not mutually exclusive.

Humans are born from humans. If spontaneous generation was our basis I'd give your view some thought.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:43 PM

188 posts, read 103,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Or those of an age that are afraid of their own shadows and cannot deal with the fear without all this nonsense about losing things not owned.

You've never been free to do what you "wish", never.
Speak for yourself. In America for more than a century, you were free to do what you wanted up to the point of directly harming others. Well, that was up until the Federal Gov't decided it wanted to supplant itself for the proper roles of the State governments, and the fruits of liberty.

Yes, Uncle Sam is attempting to rob us blind - of our legacy, or Republic and our freedom - and he has a lot of useful dupes - check mirror right now - to assist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies