Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 12:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump
yea- I am - 5'2 female and?
I left all my male counterparts pounding sand when they did not get the promo and whine like little girls. Once I fought back, when they told me the jerk that jumped in my job- was paid more -because he had a family to support-- he and the boss had to step own-and I got back pay! Another time, a kid was being groomed for Mgr position- (bosses side kick) he thought he was all that and a bag of chips. I produced some real good changes for the company, and was promoted and given a double raise. He almost had a heart attack at 20! Shortly after, I took another job that paid 2x as much --- they chased me over the years to return, but- I was over it. I work hard- and I deserve equal pay and the same respect, no less. Now, my boss introduces me as the person that runs the place. The 3 guys who lost out on the promotion, just sulk 24-7.

good for you standing up for yourself.

Quote:
As for family time, we are the only ones in the entire world that do not get maternity leave etc., which should be equal to both moms and dads... who voted that down as well?
not true, in this country you do get maternity leave, its not PAID maternity leave, and personally i dont think it should be.

Quote:
Men are afraid of successful women, the insecure hate them
Quote:
SOME men are afraid of strong successful women, i am not. in fact i try to encourage women to step up to the plate and swing for the fences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 12:49 PM

188 posts, read 103,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sure it does.

you must be an employee.
Have you ever in your life been self employed and if so. what was your business?
Every employee should negotiate their own "deal" that is mutually agreeable to both parties and let the chips fall where they may. If women are willing to work for less, so be it. If men are willing to work for less, so be it. Negotiate your own deal,, and grow up.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:53 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,053,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Should men and women be paid the same by their employer if they have the same duties in a company?

What a messed up thread to start.

Right wingers on here are becoming unhinged.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:56 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,653,875 times
Quote:
Should men and women be paid the same by their employer if they have the same duties in a company?

Way too simplistic of a question, ignoring many mitigating factors.

Unlike a sport like tennis to where women get paid the same as men (for liberal PC reasons), despite not playing as much or drawing in as much revenue, much of the so called "same duties" are not in fact like that.
Sure on an assembly line if both men and women are making widgets, they should and are paid the same. Yet other professions in theory require the same amount of work, yet less is being done by the women.
I don't want to get too far into this subject because I will go on and on giving real life examples, and the liberals feminists like some posters on CD will just dismiss fact for emotions.
Rest assured many physically demanding jobs have allowed women to get hired despite lowering standards, or even passing them despite failing those standards. Yet they are not paid less, even though they will not be able to perform as well as men in that job.

Liberal hypocrisy at it's most obvious.

`

Old 12-20-2015, 12:57 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,175,612 times
Men work more hours per week, on average. And men have a total years work history that is greater than women's.
It's a fallacy that men are paid more than women for the same job. If you had 20 men and 20 women all doing the same job and getting the same hourly wage, the 20 men would still bring home more pay, because they work longer hours.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:00 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
What a messed up thread to start.

Right wingers on here are becoming unhinged.
Says the unhinged left wingers!

Old 12-21-2015, 06:02 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Way too simplistic of a question, ignoring many mitigating factors.

Unlike a sport like tennis to where women get paid the same as men (for liberal PC reasons), despite not playing as much or drawing in as much revenue, much of the so called "same duties" are not in fact like that.
Sure on an assembly line if both men and women are making widgets, they should and are paid the same. Yet other professions in theory require the same amount of work, yet less is being done by the women.
I don't want to get too far into this subject because I will go on and on giving real life examples, and the liberals feminists like some posters on CD will just dismiss fact for emotions.
Rest assured many physically demanding jobs have allowed women to get hired despite lowering standards, or even passing them despite failing those standards. Yet they are not paid less, even though they will not be able to perform as well as men in that job.

Liberal hypocrisy at it's most obvious.

`
"Rest assured many physically demanding jobs have allowed women to get hired despite lowering standards, or even passing them despite failing those standards. Yet they are not paid less, even though they will not be able to perform as well as men in that job."

A situation I have experienced several times during my careers.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:10 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
No, I do not support it.

People are not equal, two people in the same job are not going to be doing it the same.

However, compensation should not be based on gender.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:15 AM

26,555 posts, read 15,122,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Just read the whole thing in one fell swoop up to post 82.

So a woman who has two kids may take two years off for childbearing, total, out of 40+ years in a career. I don't know what percent of women teachers actually do that. But what difference does that make in the ability to perform one's job after about 10 years or so?

It is totally untrue that men are more likely to get a master's degree. In point of fact, 62.6% of master's degrees are awarded to women, and unlike you I can document that. https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=72 Again, no documentation of men being more likely to work extracurricular activities. As has already been brought up, the extracurricular pay is irrelevant in this conversation.

Document the more working hours.

You are comparing apples to well, I'm not sure what. You're talking about all unions, then switch to talking about teachers. Again, zero documentation, and I have already shown you're incorrect about the master's issue. I'll just repost the link since you keep repeating this. https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=72

"Probably" need 18 credits? I'd like to see a little more definitive data than "probably". You do not need a master's in Colorado, at any time.

The 200 hours more per year certainly does not refer to teaching, a job that is only part year. Again, mixing statistics.

This thread is not about Hillary Clinton. Don't bring presidential politics into this.
You have a poor understanding of how statistics work.

Women are far more likely to teach elementary school. More women elementary teachers have a masters than men. However, the ratio of male teachers that have them is actually higher than women.

This thread has everything to do with Hillary.

If Democrats truly care about pay discrepancy, they would be all over Hillary for being a hypocrite. Hillary pays women less than the national average 72 cents to the dollar a man makes.

However, you know this is largely a BS issue that overlooks variables - a wedge issue to fool people over with division and sleight of hand.

I documented factually that male teachers make more in a union pay structure. And you dodge about with poor understandings and sleights of hand.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:31 AM

19,261 posts, read 17,134,822 times
Quote:
They should be paid the same but with that said the duties and expectations should be identical, equality is a double edged sword.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies