Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 07:31 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,628,902 times

Advertisements

Excellent. Now you have an excuse to keep practicing racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 07:36 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,994,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And I disagree. Black lives will matter a whole lot more when the the majority of their community start acting and behaving like educated and civilized human beings and NOT acting all ghetto while wearing black hoodies and running away from the police trying to question them.

If I (a 57 year old Chinese woman) had acted like Sandra Bland, I would have made the police officer all upset and wanting to arrest me. If I were to wear a black hoodie with the hood over my head and swaggering down a dark city street like some gangsta, then I would also be attracting unwanted attention from police officers. And I would not even attempt to wear jeans that were falling off of my ass. That styling is one of the most stupid fashion statements ever.

I work at a graduate school, and the black students there are never disrespected or negatively profiled. We have a culturally and racially diverse campus and everyone gets along. They stand up straight, talk proper English and wear clothing in a normal fashion. They also great each other with a smile. We have no tough acting wannabe gangsta types on campus. They are all there to learn and have a good career. Not one of them is hoping for welfare or Section 8 government handouts, or reparations for black slavery. The BLM movement could learn a lot from these young people.
You may disagree if you like.

I'm a mid 40's professional Black male who wouldn't know where start acting ghetto. I was raised in a upper middle-class Christian home by two professional parents. I have a very successful life in general. I can't stand the pants hanging off the behind ghetto look that you are describing. My social economic situation is better than many Whites. Coming from a Black male who has been profiled by the police many times, it doesn't matter how much I make or what type of situation I am in, I still get treated the same by racists cops. I would write that you are totally wrong for thinking that Blacks can out class profiling.

You obviously don't know that many people in the movement are a younger version of myself. The leaders of the movement are far from ghetto trash like you are describing. They are angry and justifiably so that police officers should be held accountable for their wrong doing. There is nothing wrong with standing up and demanding changes is law enforcement.

BLM isn't going to shut up anytime soon. There has already been much progress being made towards reform with a long way to go. Do some research on their objective before you criticize the movment.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:38 AM

21 posts, read 15,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

I'm a mid 40's professional Black male who wouldn't know where start acting ghetto. I was raised in a upper middle-class Christian home by two professional parents. I have a very successful life in general. I can't stand the pants hanging off the behind ghetto look that you are describing. My social economic situation is better than many Whites. Coming from a Black male who has been profiled by the police many times, it doesn't matter how much I make or what type of situation I am in, I still get treated the same by racists cops. I would write that you are totally wrong for thinking that Blacks can out class profiling.

You obviously don't know that many people in the movement are a younger version of myself. The leaders of the movement are far from ghetto trash like you are describing. They are angry and justifiably so that police officers should be held accountable for their wrong doing. There is nothing wrong with standing up and demanding changes is law enforcement.

BLM isn't going to shut up anytime soon. There has already been much progress being made towards reform with a long way to go. Do some research on their objective before you criticize the movment.
Outstanding post!!!

Old 12-23-2015, 07:41 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,628,902 times
Quote:

BLM isn't going to shut up anytime soon. There has already been much progress being made towards reform with a long way to go. Do some research on their objective before you criticize the movment
Great post. Unfortunately, there are still way too many people that feel threatened when black people stick up for themselves.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Great post. Unfortunately, there are still way too many people that feel threatened when black people stick up for themselves.
It seems some are too easily threatened. If you are a normal everyday person, there is no need to feel threatened.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,460,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Because they resort to violence every single time.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:27 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,501,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
today on the news, they said that the BLM could not be stopped at the Mall of America boooo on that
Not true, the judge issued a restraining order against three of the top BLM organizers and clarified that MOA is "Private Property". This means that MOA can have anyone they deem trespassing arrested. BLM had previously argued that since the MOA was built with both private and public funds, it was public property and thus they had a right to protest there. The judge could not issue a restraining order against all BLM because it is not recognized as an official organization. Should be interesting to see what happens today, but technically the MOA can stop any protest.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:28 AM

291 posts, read 391,236 times
Quote:
I hate racism and generalizing any group. I dont believe all of anything is anything.

There are some Whites who uphold wrong doing. Who gives a care what one person thinks until it impacts someone's life. I know I don't. When you threaten anyones life and you have a badge, I will march stomp yell and scream until justice is served.

Too many want to make this a White Black or conservative liberal thing. In my eyes its right and wrong. There are so many similarities between the comments and lies told by some Whites on cd and the news media vs the ones made against Dr. King during the Civil rights movement of the 60s. I don't trust media nor do I trust all police officers.
Mempsis, I worked as a white police officer in a black community for 25 years.

I met some amazing people, some that I will never forget. I established many relationships and got to know all sides of the black community from very wealthy to very poor.

I also met an element that I never knew existed, a subculture that I don't even think most people know about. This was a group that had no regard for human life, bullied the rest of the community through intimidation, violence, and drug sales, and dragged down the rest of the community. I've been shot at, punched in the face, and I've had rocks and bottles thrown at me by members of this subculture at one time or another.

But I am proud to say that after many, many experiences, I don't hold my bad experiences against the rest.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:38 AM

291 posts, read 391,236 times
Quote:

So, the leaders of BLM are "far from getto trash?"

This video says all that needs to be said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEeybBskRs

Old 12-23-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
So, the leaders of BLM are "far from getto trash?"

This video says all that needs to be said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEeybBskRs
Are they leaders in the BLM movement? No.

A five minute snippet doesn't give you the whole picture of BLM and what they are stiving for.

I stand on my words that BLM leaders are not ghetto black trash. Google their accomplishments as a group if you are serious about forming an opinion based on facts. Speak with some of their leaders personally to gather an understanding. Posting snippets and videos don't support your cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies