Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 01:21 PM

17,403 posts, read 12,005,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They lied about what happened. Hopefully the people riot.
Who lied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 01:26 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,060,493 times
I absolutely hate that a young kid died and I hate the fact that the police shot him so quickly but had I been walking down that sidewalk just before the cops rolled up and saw him pointing that gun at me I would have shot him myself just as quickly and he would be just as dead.

It's a bad situation no matter how you look at it but the cops need better training at most, this kid didn't deserve to die but his actions directly caused his death.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,585,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Bla bla bla, what if this, what if that.

Any child of mine would be taught proper respect and use of a firearm. They would know you can't walk around in public waving a gun.
Well here's the difference: I find it disgusting & heartbreaking that some cops rushed in like the calvary & shot a kid dead within milliseconds. You don't. Says a lot.

11,998 posts, read 12,963,332 times
Quote:
Bla bla bla, what if this, what if that.

Any child of mine would be taught proper respect and use of a firearm. They would know you can't walk around in public waving a gun.
What the hell else are you supposed to do with a toy gun as a 12 year old? Kids used to play Cops and Robbers/Jail Break all the time with toy guns. Oh well, guess that's over with since some people think Cops should be able to just murder children at free will.

Cops are supposed to be able to control themselves and differentiate between what is a threat and what isn't. I wouldn't want Cops like that anywhere near my family, and I certainly wouldn't want to be paying their salary through my hard earned tax dollars.

Get rid of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No he didn't.
Yes he did. The fact that it was a toy gun, that looked EXACTLY like a real gun is nobody's problem but the stupid kid that was waving it around threatening people with it.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:28 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,037,867 times
Quote:
Well here's the difference: I find it disgusting & heartbreaking that some cops rushed in like the calvary & shot a kid dead within milliseconds. You don't. Says a lot.
If you say so

14,887 posts, read 10,060,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
(note) I didn't say the video lied. I said the officer lied. You know that though.
The officer's stories match the video, the police report and the 911 calls 100%. Nobody lied, this kid shouldn't have been waving a toy gun at people in a public park.

1,679 posts, read 2,546,082 times
Quote:
According to your opinion. According to mine the majority of the blame is on Mr. Rice.
Black boys are considered adults at the age of 12. Great response when referring to him has Mr. Rice. Consequences When African-American Boys Are Seen As Older : NPR

Black parents have to follow the seen and unseen rules to protect their children. May not be fair, but it surely is our reality, so this hopefully will not happen again and a valuable lesson has been learned.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:29 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,037,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The officer's stories match the video, the police report and the 911 calls 100%. Nobody lied, this kid shouldn't have been waving a toy gun at people in a public park.
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good race story...

Old 12-28-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I've seen the video. He was not pointing it at the cops. His hand was by his waistband, that's all you can see. He was shot before anyone could see anything, including the cops.
He was waving a gun around, threatening people with it. He had his hands in his waistband. He refused to put his hands up.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What were the cops supposed to do - wait until he pulled it out and shot at them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies