Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 03:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Are you calling me a liar? The report I saw said that the store owner told the cops that the suspect got in a car that matched the description exactly of the man with the little girl. So yea, they stopped the first person they saw, THAT MATCHED THE DESCRIPTION OF THE CAR. I can't help if you didn't see (or intentionally ignored because it doesn't fit your narrative) that report.
Please, I would like to read it. I don't expect to.

Quote:
As for the man not knowing what was going on, that was because he can't speak english. Which is a WHOLE other issue. There's a reason you assimilate to the country to reside in - so you can communicate with society. And telling them his daughter was in the car is a given. Yes, as she should have been his #1 priority, it should not have taken 2 minutes for him to tell them. Even with a language problem.
If he had went back to get his daughter and the cops would have shot him for not doing what they said you would argue he should have followed directions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
They were searching the car, weren't they?

I'm not sure what special powers you hold, but you seem to be on site of every one of these incidents. How else would you, and only you, what is the truth or not?
They had absolutely no reason to search the car. If they did it would have been an illegal search. It's strange how you get upset with me commenting on what we can see but yet you interject things that have never been presented and get upset when questioned about them.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sorry, I missed where the article noted a "red" SUV.
No problemo because anyone in a red SUV that isn't even the same color as the perp can still be abused. It's all about the car. And if you can't find the actual alleged perpetrator find the next best thing and sic the dogs on him or any of his relatives.
Then say oops and have the tax payers foot the bill. 'Murica

Old 12-31-2015, 03:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They had absolutely no reason to search the car. If they did it would have been an illegal search. It's strange how you get upset with me commenting on what we can see but yet you interject things that have never been presented and get upset when questioned about them.
No reason? But someone said.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:42 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
While this is a horrible accident I'm not sure what could be done. This kind of falls on the facts that police departments are not getting the smartest people to work for them. Training was obviously poor hopefully this can be used to train police better. The amount this guy recovered in a lawsuit is very small what kind of attorney's did he have. Obviously his daughter is going to have life time of damage to her body. This is the thing when you train dogs to bite that is what they are going to do.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:44 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No problemo because anyone in a red SUV that isn't even the same color as the perp can still be abused. It's all about the car. And if you can't find the actual alleged perpetrator find the next best thing and sic the dogs on him or any of his relatives.
Then say oops and have the tax payers foot the bill. 'Murica
I still love to hear the police siren reminding me I live in a country of laws, because most likely they are going after a perp and not a toddler!

Old 12-31-2015, 03:52 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Looks like this all happened last year she is healed up now at least she looks to be okay. 'There's An Infant In The Car!' Says Cop As Police Dog Bites Toddler

Old 12-31-2015, 03:57 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
From above article: 'According to the Review-Journal, the officer who released the dog suspected that someone else might've been inside Arenas-Alvarez’s vehicle. They called out: "Anybody inside that car, stand up now ... sending a police dog in." Little Ayleen didn’t answer, and her father didn’t appear to understand the cop's warning.'

Just as I said, communication barrier. Also, this was far from a mauling.

The article posted by the OP was just sensationalism.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
While this is a horrible accident I'm not sure what could be done. This kind of falls on the facts that police departments are not getting the smartest people to work for them. Training was obviously poor hopefully this can be used to train police better. The amount this guy recovered in a lawsuit is very small what kind of attorney's did he have. Obviously his daughter is going to have life time of damage to her body. This is the thing when you train dogs to bite that is what they are going to do.
If I train a dog to bite I go to jail (ask Michael Vick) and the dog gets destroyed.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I still love to hear the police siren reminding me I live in a country of laws, because most likely they are going after a perp and not a toddler!
That's all well and fine outside of the times they do go after a toddler. To relate to what I said earlier, most drunk drivers make it home safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies